PDA

View Full Version : 2000 gu zd30 fan belt

TUR7LE
2nd July 2012, 07:59 PM
Hi guys just thought I would ask if any one has come across a similar problem as a mate from my work ... He has a gu with a zd30 and the fan belt dosent run on the water pump pulley properly it seems to jump one ridge over the edge and then chews the side of the belt out . The water pump had some movement in it and rough bearings so we replaced it and the problem went away for about 10 mins then started doing it again I can't see wat else may be causing it

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2012, 08:11 PM
Hi guys just thought I would ask if any one has come across a similar problem as a mate from my work ... He has a gu with a zd30 and the fan belt dosent run on the water pump pulley properly it seems to jump one ridge over the edge and then chews the side of the belt out . The water pump had some movement in it and rough bearings so we replaced it and the problem went away for about 10 mins then started doing it again I can't see wat else may be causing it

check the belt tensioner the bearing might be shot or the tensioner its self is gone

threedogs
2nd July 2012, 08:14 PM
x2 on the belt tensioner, an alignment issue for sure

TUR7LE
2nd July 2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys I'll have a look at it tomorrow

Sir Roofy
2nd July 2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys I'll have a look at it tomorrow

make sure you got the right belt to mate
surprising how much stuff you take of just to get at it
look it up on here turtle shows you what and how to do it

Yendor
2nd July 2012, 09:05 PM
Check the alternator pulley.

The ZD30 alternators run a clutch type pulley that is prone to failing.

TUR7LE
2nd July 2012, 09:05 PM
I did the water pump today so I kno how to get most of the stuff off ....