PDA

View Full Version : engine warning light

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 11:25 AM
Hi Guys, since the young bloke drove into a deep puddle the engine warning light has come on, i removed the airfilter as it was wet but no water in the intake, i ordered a set of filters which havent turned up yet from fleabay, if the filter is missing will this cause the light to stay on?? i have only driven it from home to the dealer as they are replacing the dash today, i left the battery disconnected last night as its the first time i have actually run it since the dunking, i am hoping the filter turns up today as then i can get nissan to clear the code with the scanner!! any help would be good as i want to get sorted, hope its nothing more than that. Cheers Stropp

nissannewby
2nd July 2012, 07:39 PM
Water in the fuel will put the light on.

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 09:26 PM
Water in the fuel will put the light on.

Thanks for that, I have new filters that arrived today so will change all fluids and filters on the weekend.

nissannewby
2nd July 2012, 09:32 PM
If it comes up again it proabably wouldnt hurt to drain the tank as well.

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 09:45 PM
Thx, the tank is low so it wont be a problem to drain.

nissannewby
2nd July 2012, 09:48 PM
Certainly sounds like water in the fuel if its come on since your tank has been getting lower. There is a drain on the filter drain it out prime it back up and take it for a run the light should go out just to prove it is that but if time is of the essence it should be right til you get your filters.

Yendor
2nd July 2012, 10:06 PM
What year model and engine is it?

Did the water enter the cabin? if so how high?

Stropp
2nd July 2012, 10:23 PM
Yes the cab had water in it the young bloke said only a couple of inches but I think he was telling porky pies so he would get into less trouble, looked to me like it was a lot deeper than that, it's been dries over the course of a week with all the mats out and a heater going 24/7 it's come up fine but for the light. It's a 04 4.2 diesel.

Yendor
2nd July 2012, 11:44 PM
My kids always say "NOT ME" when I ask who did this or what happened.

Being the TD42, I will also go along with the water in the fuel theory.

Stropp
3rd July 2012, 12:04 AM
Yes well it was hard for him to say not me when he told me where he was goin and I said DON'T go near the water as it is very deep, so what did he do! Bloody numb nuts.

Clunk
3rd July 2012, 12:19 AM
So when's he picking up his Trol then Stropp???????? Lol

Stropp
3rd July 2012, 10:58 PM
Sooner the better for mine, he is banned from driving it for now!

alexx
5th July 2012, 04:01 PM
Have you checked the oil strainer at the bottom of the engine? Open the oil pan and you will see if the strainer is clean. Sludge could be clogging the strainer which preventing engine oil to flow or circulate. This happens when change oil interval is too wide or long.

Blacklotusdog
6th July 2012, 08:01 PM
Hey mate an you get access to a scan gauge 2. Should be able to get the fault number from it and look up what's causing it.

the ferret
6th July 2012, 09:18 PM
Un plug all the sensors and spray with CRC, water in the sensors plays havoc with the ECU.
Can't see why they would want to replace the whole dash lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

Stropp
2nd August 2012, 11:20 PM
Ok finally got it sorted, it was the fuel filter, even after changing the first time it still had shit in it, no dramas now after changing it again, must have been bad.