PDA

View Full Version : Hullo to everyone

monty
29th June 2012, 09:50 PM
A quick hi from me, "monty" having just joined up. I've a GQ 4.2diesel, still running 750R16 split rims, bullbar, lights, 80chnlUHF, otherwise not much else. Did trip to Lake Eyre last 2011, and Birdsville Trk as far as flooded Cooper. Also been through an awful lot of the APY aboriginal lands in top NthWest corner of SA. Also quite a few trips to Vic High Country and back blocks of NSW around Edwards River. Looking forward to maybe Simpson next year. Maybe catch some of you folk around the traps one day. Cheers

wildgu6
29th June 2012, 10:14 PM
G'day & welcome aboard Monty
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, get amongst it and share a few of your adventures if you want, sounds like you would have a few to share

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Yappa Tappa Doo

MEGOMONSTER
29th June 2012, 10:16 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Sir Roofy
29th June 2012, 10:17 PM
welcome aboard monty enjoy your stay

Dhuck
29th June 2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
30th June 2012, 07:27 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

AB
30th June 2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, I used to do a lot of camping along the Edwards River.

NYE back about 10 years ago up there was 54 degrees and the fuel was vaporising in the lines. Bloody hot!!!

crutchy26
30th June 2012, 09:38 AM
Greetings all, from a wet 'n dreary Wodonga. In April I bought a 02 auto Patrol wagon. Why auto? Sick of changing gears. 160 000 klms on (second) motor :( Good things:
1- shocks & springs from ARB
2- 2 /12 exhaust
3 - top mounted cooling fan on the standard intercooler. This fan is thermostatically controlled at 30 deg C It can be adjusted over a wide range. And the temp sensor is on the 'cold' side of the intercooler.
4 - Got the old girl dynoed at Websters, in Wodonga. Good money well spent! Clearances within spec. Intercooler flushed, and a few loose earth-return (for some sensors?) bolts tightened up. Then dynoed. Clean bill of health. Happy about that!
5 - wheels balanced

Well what a difference. A 16% increase in range on the main tank, plus a definite power gain. She doesn't wallow around corners. And, the shakes have stopped!
Well that's my Patrol :)

growler2058
30th June 2012, 09:43 AM
G'day Monty welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

Maxhead
30th June 2012, 03:51 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
30th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Alben
1st July 2012, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.
Cheers
Ben