PDA

View Full Version : swivel hubs

chirpy
29th June 2012, 01:49 AM
hi all just wondering if gq swivel hubs have a seal as some people say yes and i pulled it a part a while ago and did did nt take any pics cheers all chirpy .

Silver
29th June 2012, 02:51 AM
Hi Chirpy,

yes, they have a seal that keeps the grease inside the swivel hub, that wipes across the rounded surface you can see at the end of the diff tube.

They also have seals that sit under each swivel hub bearing. Some people leave these out.

Finally, there are other seals further away from the swivel hub such as the one inside the diff tube that keeps diff oil in the diff, hopefully :-)

If you search you will find an excellent thread, with photos, that I think Ynot posted 18 months or so ago - try searching on replacing swivel hubs - there are quite a few threads around in addition to Ynot's.

chirpy
29th June 2012, 09:45 PM
cheers silver should have writen swivel hub bearings or king pins as some people call them have rebuilt my front diff with arb locker caloffroad axles and superior diff bracing kit welded to diff and pumpkin blasted and painted . swivel hub kit came with 4 left over seals and thay dont look right have put them on both ways and does nt fell right nissan dealer said thay dont use them