PDA

View Full Version : new member

fishermandave123
27th June 2012, 09:25 PM
Evening all..about to make the big journey round Oz

aussiemale
27th June 2012, 09:31 PM
G'day dave, where you starting from, ending, and most importantly, what's your patrol??
Welcome to the forum, if you're on a tour, get to know the members here, you may be lucky enough to get an invite for a BBQ as you'll be one of the lucky few that can get to meet the members face to face..mind you with people like Andy, it may pay to be a bit wary LOL

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 09:36 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

Finly Owner
27th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Dave

Tim

GUtsy ute
27th June 2012, 09:39 PM
Evening Dave,
Welcome to the Forum.
How about a bit of info on your rig and what set up you are using on your trip.
Post up some pics as well, everyone likes to see different set ups.
There's plenty of pics on here as well, to give you info and hints for your travels.
Look forward to reading about your trip as you go.

Cheers Gavin

AB
27th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, as mentioned above feel free to let us know more mate and join in the conversations.

MEGOMONSTER
28th June 2012, 07:36 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Dhuck
28th June 2012, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Maxhead
28th June 2012, 02:23 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

taslucas
28th June 2012, 07:51 PM
Gday Dave. Welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like a great trip your about to embark on. Itd be great if you could post a few photos on the way:)

marbles
28th June 2012, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

a trip every aussie should do

fishermandave123
10th July 2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks all and sorry for late reply have been under the pump
Planning on leaving on July the 30th but at the rate im going may be a couple of weeks late as still want to put the van on solar and couple of things to do on Patrol...Yes im making the big trip after having a few heart attacks and then bypass surgery and then the Wife had a couple of cancer scares and operations, I woke up one morning and said stuff this i don't think we are going to make retirement im not a rich Man so we sold the house and have just started out with a cheap vehicle and van to see how we go out there as my biggest concern is Kids and Grandkids, i purchased a 1999 GU Petrol gas patrol with just under 300,000 km (Much to my kids disgust) As they are all Diesel GQ lovers lol..for $10,000 and then spent a couple more on it...(I love it) and it goes real well even pulling the van on gas apart from a little over heating problem on hot days when going up hills, But my Wife keeps an eye on that and hits the heaters when required, We got a 1993 Coromal Capri 580 van for $16,000, We plan on heading up around the Kimberley until Christmas and then maybe head South for the summer, Augusta through to about Esperance..We have done trips round SA and and Melbourne to port Douglas in campervan before and cant wait to get back there at some time. I will put up some pics of my set up and some pics of my Nissan crazy kids and there mad antics and also the dream fishing trip i had in Jurien bay a few weeks back landing a 12kg mulloway at 8pm and then a 16kg at 10 the next morning from the town jetty.

Big thanks to you all
sounds like a great site
with plenty of friendly people
Dave

threedogs
10th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome to you you lucky Bloke, X2 on the pics of your set up. I love utes.