PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

nathan_j
26th June 2012, 11:56 PM
G'day all. I just recently bought a '99 GU Patrol with the 4.5L petrol engine. Loving it so far - haven't done much off roading yet, but we're looking at buying a caravan (hired a couple and loved how sturdy the Patrol was towing - no swaying). The Patrol has had a lift & suspension done before we bought it, and an ARB bar and side steps. I also have a 1965 XP Falcon Bash Car, so I have done a bit of dirt roading with a 2WD, but have not done much serious 4WD'ing so I am looking forward to learning. Am mainly looking to do beach trips, and take the kids camping now they are old enough.

Bigrig
26th June 2012, 11:57 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

AB
27th June 2012, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

wildgu6
27th June 2012, 08:06 AM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable
You will love the 4 wheels gettin you places you wouldn't believe.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Dhuck
27th June 2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
27th June 2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

growler2058
27th June 2012, 01:22 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

NissanGQ4.2
27th June 2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

koxxwasp
27th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Hey I'm knew to this site, welcome they all seem a great bunch of 4x4 nutters

aussiemale
27th June 2012, 09:45 PM
x2 koxxwasp, well, the others are nutters, I'm quite normal, apart form the fact I love drifting with 4 wheels spinning LOL.
Welcome to the forum mate, your kids will LOVE off-roading, they like to accentuate the bumps..meaning..bigger bumps, they laugh more..Have fun and if you break anything...guys on here know ways of fixing it

Finly Owner
27th June 2012, 10:13 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Nathan. Yomust be a mid aged ol fella like me,with toys like that.

Tim

nathan_j
27th June 2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys - wow, that's the most replies I've had to a joining a forum! I am mid-thirties, so I guess that's middle-aged depending on how long you plan to be here! :)

I am looking forward to getting off road; I've got 6 weeks left to finish up my Bash Car for this year, then after that I'm going to be concentrating on the Patrol. I need to get some new tyres for the rear, fix a small raditor leak, replace the Series 1 tail lights with Series 2 lights & wire them in, and then try to figure out the central locking to make it remote! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Maxhead
28th June 2012, 02:21 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate