PDA

View Full Version : Tigerz product advice

jack
26th June 2012, 05:35 PM
Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience/recommendations with Tigerz Products.

I'm looking at the Bull-bar and Grande winch at this stage:

http://tigerz11.com.au/products/NISSAN-PATROL-GU-Y61-WINCH-BAR-2005-ONWARDS.html
http://tigerz11.com.au/products/GRANDE-12000LB-WINCH-DYNEEMA-.html
Just want something to get me out of trouble if needed, not going to go looking for it.

They seem to have some good stuff and makes sense to get it all at the same place.
Cheers
Apollofish

mudski
26th June 2012, 05:44 PM
I'd be wary of the winch. While it probably will be o.k I wouldn't be trusting it with my 25k 4by, and my life. Up to you. You get what you pay for...
I have read a few threads on these winches and while most say they are o.k nearly all of them said they were very noisy.

89gqpatrol4x4
26th June 2012, 06:41 PM
From what i've read most say they are noisey as mudski said but few complaints. Research, research, research thats all I can say. Saving a few dollers isn't always the best option but then there are bargins to be had. Having said that I know two people who spent the bucks on a warn winch and have had problems!

macka82
26th June 2012, 11:15 PM
Yep, I was almost ready to buy one of there roof racks at a great price. A little bit of googling and I'm staying away. Like everything u get what u pay for.

mudski
27th June 2012, 09:00 AM
What did you find out about the roof racks macka? Steell or alloy too? I am contemplating selling my ARB steel rack and getting one of their Alloy racks. I know they are dirt cheap but the most I will be carrying on mine is a ladder. And to mount spotties and reverse camera.

malbie
5th July 2012, 05:40 PM
I have been trying to ring them all week in regards to the delivery cost to hervey bay. The phone just rings out so i have givin up on them.

regards
Mal

oncedisturbed
6th July 2012, 08:59 AM
better off ringing EMG seeing as they now have financial interest in Tigerz and Roo Systems

Winnie
6th July 2012, 09:05 AM
I have been trying to ring them all week in regards to the delivery cost to hervey bay. The phone just rings out so i have givin up on them.

regards
Mal

I found you're best off e-mailing them. I tried to call them for a couple of days and had the same problem, e-mail was responded to in about 4 hours.

macca
6th July 2012, 09:17 AM
Been waiting for my items that were ordered months ago, they have had a shipment come in and have "thousands" of items to pack and dispatch so they are probably ignoring the phone.

They run their business different to what I have experienced before, both shop front and on-line.

As frustrating as it is I have to be patient, but that doesnt help you if you want advice etc.

They do answer emails by the next day so that is a good sugestion.

Good Luck, Macca

Edit, my items have finally been dispatched wooopppeeeee

Cbates
6th July 2012, 07:01 PM
I went in there today in lilydale and the service was really bad, it just seemed like cheap stuff from china. i was going to buy a recovery hitch but ended up steering clear, i reckon its worth the money to just spend a little more and buy quality products

MEGOMONSTER
7th July 2012, 10:38 PM
I believe I seen a tigerz winch in operation today and worked extremely well.

optic
8th July 2012, 02:43 PM
I have delt with them, I have a roof top tent an awning and a roof rack.
The awning broke off at the hing points, so i made my own hinges out of a block of ally. He is now getting his made the same in china.
In the end i took the annex and mossie net off and put my home grown thing back on.
The roof rack, powder coat was chipped off in places, now its all chipping off and showing rust on the pipe work, it was just to heavy for the Chinese to move without dropping it when packing, on top of that experience tells me that it has not been clean before powder coating and also not been cooked long enough.
The tent, the cover is not water proof and allows water into the mattress, its stained.
However the owner has promised me that all would be replaced.
At his cost? We will see soon enough.
Or its off to fair trading from me and him as well as consumer affairs.
The reason i took the awning off was that i found it to hard to put up on my own.
I also added stiffeners in 2 places so it didnt flap up and down, as mentioned these things will take off in the slightest of winds.
As for the winch.
I dont have one of his but i have seen others pulled apart on his work bench every time i have been there.
I found the bloke reasonable to deal with face to face.
His mobile will tell you dont leave a message because i dont bother answering them.
Apart from the finished product and the lack of care taken during production, all of the welds on the roof rack did pass my inspection.
I did warn him that i would be checking this out.
To fix the tent issue, all that is needed is longer sides.
He filmed all of my problems while i was there.
I guess it will be a Waite and see what happens with my concerns.
I found the mattress to be ok its 60 mm high density foam.
Shop around, check them all out before you jump in.

dsmith
31st July 2012, 10:16 PM
Re the winch, I just posted in another Tigerz11 thread about my good experience. The 12000lb Grande I have on the patrol has so far been good. I did a fairly large extraction of a very bogged tractor/slasher on a single line pull at about 30m. I'm very pleased with it considering how little it cost me.

macca
1st August 2012, 07:19 AM
Been waiting for my items that were ordered months ago, they have had a shipment come in and have "thousands" of items to pack and dispatch so they are probably ignoring the phone.

They run their business different to what I have experienced before, both shop front and on-line.

As frustrating as it is I have to be patient, but that doesnt help you if you want advice etc.

They do answer emails by the next day so that is a good sugestion.

Good Luck, Macca

Edit, my items have finally been dispatched wooopppeeeee

They replaced the 1st one as it was assembled wrong. So was the replacement so we pulled it apart and rebuilt it ourselves.

The awning is rubbish, broke and replaced the plastic knuckles with wobbly bits from a socket set sourced at Supercheap for a few $ each, seems to work.
The twist poles keep going round and round so have no faith in them.

Going camping for the 1st time with it this weekend, be an interesting road test.

If its as bad as I think it is it will come off, serves me right for buying at a bargain price.

A mate has an Australian made Supa-Peg at $349 on special at the moment it is over twice what I paid for the Tigerz, Get what you pay for. You betcha.

http://www.suparvaustralia.com.au/

Would I buy from Tigerz again, probably, but want to see it 1st.

I have a winch cradle and air damper from them and they do the job perfectly.

My experience, Macca

beexy
1st August 2012, 06:47 PM
has anybody purchased a snorkel from them. would be interested to hear as they are selling them for $75 at the moment

daggy
2nd August 2012, 09:43 AM
Back in about March I ordered an alloy roof rack and small awning. Both turned up about 5 days later, however the awning was the wrong size, a phone call and the correct awning was despatched and arrived about a week later. I have found the quality of the roof rack to be okay, no rusting from bolts or anything, if there was a complaint the mesh is rather light and bends quite easliy, but I don't carry anything other than large light bulky items on the roof. I am at this time really happy with the products and service.

Dmwlking
2nd August 2012, 04:55 PM
i have one of their winches. It is noise but does the job. Don't use a lot but when i do it works. It a good cheap winch to get you out of trouble.

macca
6th August 2012, 11:26 AM
The awning was put to good use in the weekend, it did what is supposed to although the knuckles have been replaced by me with something stronger and flexible.
It was relatively still bit went up and packed away easy, as did my last one.
So far so good....
Macca

P4trol
6th August 2012, 11:54 AM
Macca, what did you replace the knuckles with?

Tipsy-tap

macca
6th August 2012, 12:23 PM
P4,
I went to supercheap and got some 3/8 drive flexy drives from a socket set. Also sockets that fit tight in the allum tube where the knuckle was.
Welded the socket to the flexy and welded the flexy so it moves one way.
Pushed the socket in the tube and riveted it in place, drilled a hole through the other end of the flexy and fitted it to the awning with some washers as spacers using the origional bolts.
Bit of mucking around, cost about $16 for the gear to fix 2 of the knuckles.

P4trol
6th August 2012, 01:05 PM
Good thinking.

Beats me why the original design didn't include something like it.

Tipsy-tap

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2012, 01:56 PM
P4,
I went to supercheap and got some 3/8 drive flexy drives from a socket set. Also sockets that fit tight in the allum tube where the knuckle was.
Welded the socket to the flexy and welded the flexy so it moves one way.
Pushed the socket in the tube and riveted it in place, drilled a hole through the other end of the flexy and fitted it to the awning with some washers as spacers using the origional bolts.
Bit of mucking around, cost about $16 for the gear to fix 2 of the knuckles.

Um??

:useless:

P4trol
6th August 2012, 07:04 PM
Got no idea what you mean by um...

Tipsy-tap

pooroll
9th August 2012, 02:08 PM
on the sunday just gone a mate (trolatron) and i went for a dash just down the road to find a bit of mud. what we encountered was mud from hell. no one had been down this track for ages, leaves covering up mud, trees blown across track etc. He has a shorty tb42 gq gas powered with 33's etc all the good fruit. and a Tigerz11 12000lb series 1 winch. i've got a 88 tb42 gq wagon big lift 36 simexs and no winch. we used his winch probably 20 times in 3.5hrs to recover both his and my buses and cant fault it at all and will be purchasing one for my gu when funds allow. yes it may have been a bit noisy but who cares, ya dont use the winch while ya driving down the highway or dirt road. great bit of gear and cant recommend it enough. heres the vid with some of the winching we did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydn5q7nUJqw&feature=share

Cheers Corey

Trollol
9th August 2012, 08:01 PM
Ive just recently picked up their 60' Hi lift jack for the patrol, yet to use it but a few mates have their winches but are yet to install them haha. Ive been keen on a few things from TigerZ11 ive been told they are pretty good for their price and well anything better than the overpriced stuff ARB sell ill highly consider