PDA

View Full Version : found rust bubbles 6weeks after buying from car yard

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 02:49 PM
hey im after some advice. i found a few small bubbles of rust on my lower door. bought the car from a car yard and has full warranty and statutory warranty still.
do i have a case for them to cover repair costs?
and seems bit suss that rust is appearing in a 4 year old car?
thoughts?
cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

taslucas
25th June 2012, 03:00 PM
That is a bit cr@p in a 4 year old car. I'm sure the caryard will put it down to normal "wear and tear" to try and get out of fixing it. Are you in a coastal area?

Tap, crackle, pop

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 03:02 PM
in townsville bit the car is from out west.
i doubt it could of formed just from the couple months its been here

Stropp
25th June 2012, 03:30 PM
I think it will be covered, i had a similar problem a few years back and I got the car returned and my money back.

aussiemale
25th June 2012, 05:43 PM
Tell us how it goes Corbin, if the dealer doesn't play ball, name and shame LOL

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 05:51 PM
stropp can i get some more info ? so i have an example to give them. pm me if you like. cheers .

Stropp
25th June 2012, 06:27 PM
stropp can i get some more info ? so i have an example to give them. pm me if you like. cheers .

Mate I purchased a holden from a yard in adelaide when i was there and when it bubbled i took it back to the dealer and they wanted to bog it and repaint but i said no and got onto consumer affairs and then the dealer offered me a refund, i suspect that yours may have origanally drowned in the floods, you need to check thr repairable write off register to see if that vin number is on there and the details, either way take it back to the dealer as under the new consumer protection act you have a right of life expectancey for goods and after 3 or 4 mths its not good enough, you need to do the leg work with consumer affairs and the dealer as they dont do anything if you dont push the issue.

Chris79
25th June 2012, 08:27 PM
Unless it was a flood damaged car, it would probably still be under the new car warranty for rust. Most manufactures are out to around 10 years these days.
What sort of car is it?

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 08:31 PM
Thats really good to know. I did a REVS check this morning, everything seems legit. I believe some of the cars had a respray too in last year i think as the paint looks newish and i found a small piece of masking tape under the bonnet few weeks ago.
Also in the service manual there's a 6 month block between services where it travelled just 27kms. As it was one of several a farm utes on a cattle farm, i put it down to it just sitting in a shed unused.
Hmmm

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 08:32 PM
Chris its an 08 patrol ute. Never heard of that but its something to remember too.
Cheers

Chris79
25th June 2012, 08:43 PM
You would be able to confirm in the warranty book with the car.
A quick search reveals that it may be only 5 years on Nissan's. But I could not find a AU document so may be higher for Aus delivered vehicles.

CorbinsGUte
25th June 2012, 09:57 PM
Good info thanks alot mate

Silver
25th June 2012, 10:54 PM
happily it isn't an ex mine vehicle............

Finly Owner
26th June 2012, 11:37 PM
A vehicle from out west could mean notin Qld. Did your REV Check cover all states? As you need to do 1 for each state. Each state has it'sown registry.

Tim

CorbinsGUte
27th June 2012, 07:32 AM
Just covered qld i think. But its been serviced every 6 months by a mob in hughenden so im confident its from out there. I took it to the dealer. Was hard to see the bubbles as it was raining but ill take it back later in The week.