PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slave cylinder

moose maverick
24th June 2012, 09:56 PM
Hey all,
Quick question about my clutch slave cylinder attached to the clutch fork. I started the truck last night and felt a weird knock through the gear stick with my foot on the clutch . Jumped underneath and looked at the slave and pushed on it as though activating the clutch and it moved about 2 inches in its throw with my hand. Is this normal? I was under the impression that it should have tension on it due to hydraulic set up. Any thoughts would be awesome.

growler2058
24th June 2012, 10:24 PM
Sounds like time to replacxe it mate, theyre not expensive but are an absolute prik to bleed

AB
25th June 2012, 07:06 AM
Bit of a pain to bleed but easily doable. Get two blokes to do it and it should only take half hour. One guy on the clutch and the other underneath bleeding the air out.

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 07:33 AM
X3 - time to replace mate - easy to do ...

Make certain when you bleed it (bleeder is on the front of it), you have one in the car and one at the bleeder ... leave bleeder in and have bloke in car pump the peddle two or three times and on the final pump, leave the clutch in to the floor, open the bleeder and let it start pushing through (it'll run out the thread first), tighten bleeder, let clutch out and top up clutch fluid, repeat this a few times till the fluid runs visibly out the actual end of the bleeder nipple.

moose maverick
25th June 2012, 08:49 PM
thanks will get on it on the weekend.

AB
25th June 2012, 08:51 PM
Also, get the driver to check the clutch fluid whilst your doing it.

Nothing worse than almost bled the air out and you run out of fluid....Start again!!!...lol

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Also, get the driver to check the clutch fluid whilst your doing it.

Nothing worse than almost bled the air out and you run out of fluid....Start again!!!...lol

I had "top up fluid" in my list ... geez ... tough crowd!! lmao

AB
25th June 2012, 09:05 PM
I had "top up fluid" in my list ... geez ... tough crowd!! lmao

Missed that bit...LMAO

I only stress that bit as It's a pain in the ass.

Ok, heres another tip, don't wear good clothes and keep the end away from your face.

I repeat...Keep it away from your face...LMAO

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 09:08 PM
Missed that bit...LMAO

I only stress that bit as It's a pain in the ass.

Ok, heres another tip, don't wear good clothes and keep the end away from your face.

I repeat...Keep it away from your face...LMAO

Haha ... end of what away from your face?? His mate should be in the car working the pedal ... and nothing else!!!! lmao

Is this officially a high jack?? AB started it .... lol