PDA

View Full Version : Tigerz

Brendan56
24th June 2012, 07:26 PM
What are your thoughts on their products? i'm on the verge of buying some recovery gear (straps and stuff), a roof rack, and a hi lift jack and mount off them. also considering a winch once i get a winch bar.
Anybody had any problems with them?
Also, does anybody here run a long range tank? I think i'm leaning towards that over a sub tank. Thoughts?

Flo-w
24th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Can't say much about them quite yet as they didn't deliver yet. I ordered about 2 month ago and some parts were due early June (now late June). They charged my CC right away though...
Their Hi Lift Jack mount is rusting quite a bit.
The Thumper compressor is working well as far as I can tell but is fairly huge. I don't think I'll be able to mount it under bonnet or car.

Maxhead
24th June 2012, 07:43 PM
I've only got an exhaust jack and a recovery hitch and they seem to be of very good quality.....For the price they're a decent product IMO

macca
24th June 2012, 08:43 PM
My experience so far.
With the company not the products which are supposed to be good quality.

Ordered a bit of gear on 10th March, I stuffed up by putting my PO Box in the delivery address.
On the 12th they contacted me by email with a request for a street address which I replied on that day.
Money was allready gone from my CC account.
Then rang and told I hadnt paid when I placed order, proved I had.
They had sold all their stock and I could wait untill next shipment about mid June, OR, have a credit note with them to buy something else.
No offer to reverse CC transaction. I was too shocked by their attitude to ask.
Sent mail recently to find out due date, arrived with them I think on the 20th June, ("The awnings will be in around the 20th of June") should be seeing my items this week.
To say I am not happy is an understatement, no apologies nothing.
Would I buy from them again? I need to think about that.... real hard.
If I had put the correct address this probably would not have happened, in my defence that was rectified within 2 days.
It would not be unreasonable to think it was all set in stone and delivery a formality.

Rip'n'Shred
25th June 2012, 09:06 PM
I can't complain too much. I ordered some gear (roof racks, awnings, exhaust jack, etc) a while ago now but in their defence it was clearly stated that the items are not in stock and would be late june for some gear and early july for other gear. It is also noted that they ship all the gear together so I have to wait till everything arrives or pay extra shipping.

No complaints so far. Just hanging out for it. Obviously they are waiting for a shipment from china, hence the prices. I'm hoping the quality is satisfactory.

I have the 12000lb winch from them too which seems alright. Only the bolts for the terminals are rusting. Not surprised though.

Winnie
25th June 2012, 09:12 PM
I've got their hi-lift jack and recovery hitch, both are good quality items.

Richo460
25th June 2012, 10:12 PM
i run a long range tank, i think its 120 litres, i am happy as with it, i love not having to fill up for weeks. I have never had a sub tank but given the choice i don't see any good reason not to have one big one. I have never known anyone to crack a fuel tank but i am sure someone here has, its not enough of a risk for me to get 2 tanks.

mudski
29th June 2012, 08:05 PM
Went across today to pick up a exhaust jack, winch rope and a clevis hook. It reminds me of the computer shop MSY, if anyone's familer with MSY they will know what I mean. Basically get your stuff and get out. No showroom just a counter where you pay, then you go around the back to collect your things. They don't even get it for you. No frills shopping. Not bad, but not real good too. Didn't bother me, just an observation...
The rope is the same as what everyone else sells so I wasn't concerned. The hook is a big mofo, and the exhaust jack looks of decent quality. I decided against the hi-lift mainly because of the weight and size an plus I'd trust the exhaust jack over the hi-lift any day if I needed to use it on a hill or uneven ground.
I have just sold my ARB rack, I got a good price so I think I will buy an Ally rack from them. I don't need to put anything heavy on it. maybe a ladder or two and mount spotties on it.

Flo-w
10th July 2012, 09:53 AM
Thought I add what I received today from Tigerz11 in regards to shipping and damaged goods:

Shipping Insurance & Warranty Policy As of 23/2/2012
 Insurance is optional we must be informed at the time of a purchase order if insurance is required
 Min charge $8 covers up to $800 then $1 extra for each further $100
 The cover is for the value of goods that I pay not for what the goods are sold for. If a claim is made all
details with paperwork must be fully completed before any action can be taken.
 Once a delivery docket has been signed for THIS MEANS the receiver has accepted the goods in good
order and no claims after are possible.
 If the customer does not have time to check their goods THE DELIVERY DOCKET MUST BE
SIGNED SUBJECT TO CHECKING. No claims are accepted for damage after 2 days of receiving
goods this is the policy Tollipec has notified us of.
 If any boxes are damaged and you don’t have time to check the goods, GOODS ARE NOT TO BE
ACCEPTED AND SHALL BE RETURNED BACK TO US,
 Goods delivered by Tollipec Road will not be left without a signature unless specified the goods can be
left at the front door, there then will be no claims for damages or loss under these circumstances.
 Goods delivered by Toll Priority 3kg & 5kg express satchels will be authorised to be left with no
signature,
 If no one is at the premises at the time of delivery a redelivery charge will occur of $30.
 Please remember NO INSURANCE = NO POSSIBLE CLAIMS
If you do not agree with these terms you will be required to organise you own freight company
Do not ring us up a month later and tell us something is missing or damaged GOODS MUST BE CHECKED
WHEN DELIVERED

threedogs
10th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Watch it if you buy synthectic rope, noticed some blue 10mm stuff recently with WWL of only 8t, 10mm Dyneema or similar would be 3 times that

macca
10th July 2012, 02:45 PM
Thought I add what I received today from Tigerz11 in regards to shipping and damaged goods:

 The cover is for the value of goods that I pay not for what the goods are sold for.

Was particularly impressed with this one

P4trol
11th July 2012, 01:14 PM
Observation: Their ebay store has fairly good feedback, with many customers reporting superfast postage.
I have gleaned from a few people/internet posts that customer service (ie phone conversations, and personally phone messaging) isn't their strong point

Opinion: A lot of stuff is cheap (on their website) minus postage, and I believe they make their money from bulk sales (They only make items such as awnings in runs or to order, and don't seem to have much stock.)

mudski
11th July 2012, 08:44 PM
If you go there. Everything is on pellets and in their boxes. This is a no frills way of shopping. Keeping the costs downs I suppose. I will deter some and not others. The quality of their stuff isn't up there, but the prices are dirt cheap, way too cheap on some things it actually turned me off buying them. I have bought an exhaust bag, 9mm dyneema rope, after wanting the 10mm only to be told when I got there that this is a special order size and 9mm is what they had. ( I should have left it but I got the buying bug....), and I am contemplating buying the alloy full length roof rack. Mainly just to mount lights on it. I would not expect it to last any decent trip with a load on it.
My thoughts, there is good and there is bad about them. But you get that with any 4wd shop.

threedogs
11th July 2012, 08:50 PM
Yo Mudski what was breaking strain on your winch rope??????????????and was it really Dyneema???

mudski
11th July 2012, 10:39 PM
Well its advertised AS Dyneema. But there is no proof really as you get it in a plastic bag with nothing written on it. Supposed breaking strain of 18000lbs.

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 10:39 AM
That sounds about right for breaking strength. This is the closest info i could find.

http://www.secondair.com.au/dynamicarope/drange.htm

nissannewby
12th July 2012, 10:40 AM
If i was ever to buy any i think id be looking at the 12mm :)

TimGU
15th July 2012, 08:06 AM
I have one of there 12000 lbs winches with rope. Works well, I just needed to rotate the clutch end about 60 degrees to fit the Nissan steel bar and buy some longer high tensile bolts the supplied where 15mm to short.

Irish
15th July 2012, 07:50 PM
I've got a 12000lb cable winch of theirs that I bought unused off a guy on ebay, works great.
I bought a thumper compressor off em, seems to work fine.

Bought some bits n bobs for my missus' Pajero off em too.
The girls behind the counter were polite and friendly.

mudski
17th July 2012, 08:44 PM
That sounds about right for breaking strength. This is the closest info i could find.

http://www.secondair.com.au/dynamicarope/drange.htm
Some good info there...

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2012, 12:29 AM
I heard from a VERY RELIABLE source today that 4wd Action mag has made a financial Buy In for an Equity share of TigerzII which might see some Changes in their business over the coming months. Note that the latest issues has something like 8 or 10 pages of advertising of TigerzII products. Now you know why!

mudski
27th July 2012, 06:38 PM
Just got my alloy rack today.
My observations are,
cheaply made
I had to file nearly every bracket so the bolts would go into the rack.
Mounting bolts a little too short for my liking
One mounting plate on the rack was bent, another was welded on crooked
and I had three stripped nuts on the brackets
Albeit light, I wouldn't be putting much on it. I does look cheaply made compared to the dearer alloy racks I have looked at. But you get what you pay for. All I will be mounting on mine is lights across the front and some on the rear. It will only ever have a ladder on it too.
My 2c.

macca
27th July 2012, 07:47 PM
Just got my alloy rack today.
My observations are,
cheaply made
I had to file nearly every bracket so the bolts would go into the rack.
Mounting bolts a little too short for my liking
One mounting plate on the rack was bent, another was welded on crooked
and I had three stripped nuts on the brackets
Albeit light, I wouldn't be putting much on it. I does look cheaply made compared to the dearer alloy racks I have looked at. But you get what you pay for. All I will be mounting on mine is lights across the front and some on the rear. It will only ever have a ladder on it too.
My 2c.

The awning I bought is crap as well, it will do for the time being. I have broken and modified the knuckle allready.
If it lasts 2 years well I got what I paid for.
Next one will be a supapeg as long as they are still made here, lot more $ but "get what you pay for"

P4trol
27th July 2012, 08:26 PM
X2

Already broke the plastic piece that hinges the pole.

Want to flog it off now and get something that at least thinks of the bleeding obvious and incorporates it into the design.

mudski
28th July 2012, 11:13 PM
I forgot to add I got one of those quick steps off them too. It has an adjustable bracket to fit different width tyres, to adjust it you push in the spring loaded button then slide the bracket in or out. Well one step up onto the quickstep and I sheered off both pins and fell on my arse. And I wight a massive 68kg too!!! Replaced the pins with bolts and all is good now. I'm a little worried on the snatch block I got now.

Lunny
1st August 2012, 11:13 PM
I had both those knuckles broken on delivery fast reply by email as warranty Sheila doesn't like to talk, though they did send them straight away, I have changed a few things though
*larger screws on knuckles as they 8-10mm ones a crap.. Replaced with 20mm screw
*put the velcro straps on the inside of awning
*taken off the hideous tigerz11 signage on it ..

But as said before, you get what you pay for. If I get a year or two I'll be happy..
Supa-peg foxwing next I think

Stusgq
3rd August 2012, 08:24 AM
hmm interseting stuff...I was on the verge of forking out for the foxwing they have, might rethink on that by the looks of all this. Hard call as everybody says 'you get what you pay for' half price compaired to 'name' brands makes me wonder if the 'name' brands would last twice as long....

P4trol
3rd August 2012, 04:19 PM
Having two awnings of theirs...

I personally wouldn't buy the foxwing based on what I own currently.

Tipsy-tap

mudski
7th August 2012, 09:30 AM
hmm interseting stuff...I was on the verge of forking out for the foxwing they have, might rethink on that by the looks of all this. Hard call as everybody says 'you get what you pay for' half price compaired to 'name' brands makes me wonder if the 'name' brands would last twice as long....
Well atleast you will be sure you wont have to modify and/ or fix it before you have even mounted it.
My rack is still sitting against the wall. With all the gutter brackets on, none of them are in a straight line. I'd hate to see what damage it will do the the gutters once you tighten it down...
Sorry TIGERZ, a big fat thumbs down from me. Won't be shopping there ever again.

macca
7th August 2012, 04:17 PM
E-mailed them to find ou what to do with the "faulty awning".

Said to keep it, they can not pay much for them I reckon!!!

Will do for spares I guess

mudski
7th August 2012, 04:39 PM
Goes to show how much they pay and put on top to sell. Sweet FA and crap loads.

Rustyboner81
9th August 2012, 04:10 AM
if yer gonna go the long range tank you dont want to rip a whole in it out in the middle of the bush somewhere, thats why our 4x4s have got them.
(exploration drilling in the middle of know where)

mudski
11th August 2012, 10:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Huh?

Rustyboner81
20th August 2012, 12:45 AM
exploration drilling. like offshore drilling but on land, and smaller, but remote and when it rains it can get pretty fun.
but there was an occasion (a few years in the past now) where we had a 4x4 (cruiser troopy if memory serves) out of commission cause it only had one fuel tank and it got punctured on a massive up turned tree root.
we towed it to the drill site with an 8x8 truck and couldnt use it untill it was repaired. about a week by the time we got one sent out.
im just saying if it where me id feel a whole lot more comfortable knowing i had two fuel supplies.

unless ive missed something in your point, but i got LPG and Petrol. i only really use the LPG but the petrol is alway there

mudski
20th August 2012, 04:43 PM
Edit : My bad. The Op added an extra question on the end of his first post...

janderson
20th August 2012, 07:34 PM
say no more, Look first: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/429473803752461/

Flo-w
20th August 2012, 09:58 PM
What worries me is how closely EMG seems to aligne itself with the industry. How can I trust in an unbiased test if they are best mates with a contestant or even have financial interest in a product (as it seems to be the case with Tigerz11)?

P4trol
21st August 2012, 12:25 AM
We need a 'choice' for 4wds.

Tipsy-tap

macca
21st August 2012, 10:08 AM
What worries me is how closely EMG seems to aligne itself with the industry. How can I trust in an unbiased test if they are best mates with a contestant or even have financial interest in a product (as it seems to be the case with Tigerz11)?

Flo-w, I'm not really sure they have ever done an unbiased test.

A mates brother is a 4x4 journo, he bagged a vehicle and they wouldnt give him another one to test after that, another way to influence their report card!!!

macca
17th September 2012, 07:35 AM
The awning I bought is crap as well, it will do for the time being. I have broken and modified the knuckle allready.
If it lasts 2 years well I got what I paid for.
Next one will be a supapeg as long as they are still made here, lot more $ but "get what you pay for"

Well..... went camping overnight for the 1st time since buying the awning. The clips that hold it rolled up have broken, I had relocated them inside the bag.
It was a hard trip, but I've done plenty of them with the 7 year old awning this replaced.
Its coming off, this is a replacement of the 1st awning they sent. The other one is in the shed, I cant be bothered getting the straps off that one to fix this one.
If any one wants them you can have them, otherwise they are going to the tip!!

kevin07
17th September 2012, 09:10 AM
my experience i ordered a 12000 winch and recovery kit and damper and got the winch and a compressor, hmm contacted them and they immediately sent aupgraded recovery kit. hmm no damper contacted them and immediately received the damper, so for free i got an upgraded recovery kit and a thumper air comp for free. if you asked me if i was unhappy with there service or gear i would say no.kev

Bloodyaussie
17th September 2012, 09:17 AM
my experience i ordered a 12000 winch and recovery kit and damper and got the winch and a compressor, hmm contacted them and they immediately sent aupgraded recovery kit. hmm no damper contacted them and immediately received the damper, so for free i got an upgraded recovery kit and a thumper air comp for free. if you asked me if i was unhappy with there service or gear i would say no.kev
Good score mate... they really are so dis-organised !!!!
I ended up opting for an awning from elsewhere that was a bit more but had the extra velcro and better polls and stiching.

threedogs
17th September 2012, 11:02 AM
Having read right through this thread seems Tigerz has some issues, but you the buyer are willing to except it for the lower prices and quality.
Personally I would save up a little longer, do some research and buy the best I possibly can. Knowing I'll only buy it once. my 2 cents worth

mudski
19th September 2012, 09:59 PM
Just like I have already posted. I bought a full length alloy rack off them. I had too many drama's to mention again when I went to fit it. Plus the amount of cable ties i used on the cheap security door they used for a base of the rack, to secure it to the frame so there was no vibrations. Now it on, its o.k I guess. But I see they are having a 20% off sale. I notice the discounted prices are NO cheaper than what they were when i got the rack. As I wrote down the prices in my phone...
As for kevin07's freebie. I wouldn't be publishing your score anywhere. Because if they cotton onto your comment here you could get yourself into a little trouble. Even though they stuffed up, you have not returned it, and I think, think I say, is illegal. Just some food for though.

megatexture
20th September 2012, 01:31 AM
you would think they would have requested the items to be sent back before posting the right ones , but also Kevin07 is giving them a good wrap atm it just sounds like they are just disorganized if they turned around and pursued the compressor and recovery kit after this length of time can you imagine how his comments would read then haha.
makes me wish they stuffed up my order !!just my luck my order came slowly yes but they did say it would and i am happy with my awning once i removed there logos..i dont use it enough to warrant spending any more than what i paid with them for one

mudski
20th September 2012, 04:09 PM
I want to get or make a rear awning that only comes out about a metre or just passed the rear doors. As I use my troll for work and when it rains it a real PITA getting my gear out of the back.

macca
6th October 2012, 07:26 AM
UPDATE;
I was totally peed off about the awnings failing and wasting so much money.
I packed up both awnings and sent them back with a claim for the frieght I had paid, both ways.
Well knock me down the money is back in my bank.
I have to admit I am impressed by the way this finally got delt with, been going on since March when it was 1st ordered.
Thankyou to Tigers11

threedogs
6th October 2012, 08:18 AM
Mudski how about this, buy a decent roof rack,{RHINO} pop rivet
some 10mm sail rail to it. position the roof rack as far back as it'll go.
Now get someone to sew some TELECOM rope on one end of canvas or
similar, size 1mt at back of 4x4, 2 mt out and 1.5 wide. worked a treat on last 4x4.
except I popped the sail track directly to the 4x4. I'll put pic later.
Just need 2 poles and some rope. great sitting in the back watching cricket etc

megatexture
6th October 2012, 08:38 AM
go to bcf and get one of these http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/BCF-RV-Shade.aspx?pid=131172&menuFrom=21209#Description
that one has poles to set up but they have one for 170$ and it sets up fast

edit : here is the one that sets up fast and has 3 sides not just 1 like most others but the poles are all attached and its easy to set up http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Wanderer-Instant-Touring-RV-Shade.aspx?pid=284120&menuFrom=21209#Description

macca
6th October 2012, 08:58 AM
Couple of others, the larger one looks like it would fold the wings down to give side protection.

http://www.suparvaustralia.com.au/Rear_Awnings_s/52.htm

threedogs
6th October 2012, 09:22 AM
$238 for a rear shade cover, for less than $30 I made two one was waterproof ripstop material
the other I made out of shade cloth, Both were interchangable to fit my campr trailer at the time.

megatexture
6th October 2012, 01:56 PM
can you put a pic up 3dogs as 99.99% of the home ones ive seen look like ... home jobs and wouldnt be seen on my car if it was free

mudski
6th October 2012, 03:48 PM
TD, megatexture and macca. Thanks for the ideas but they are waaayyy to big and bulky. This is what I have pictured in my head, so be patient. Using some sort of roller setup mounted to the rack, like what you use on a roll up blind for an inside house window, but have say clear plastic sheeting rolled up on it, and having some kind of telescopic arm on either side of the sheeting to come out say, a meter, when you pull on the sheeting to open it up. Not requiring any poles to hold it up. I reckon it could be done, the roll up bit anyway. I'm just trying to think if a way for the arms.
As it's would be used for work I don't want an big cover, just enough to stand under, and definitely no poles.
Its so well picture in my head...

threedogs
6th October 2012, 03:55 PM
Easy as Heres your arms , bolt/cable tie some 25x25 rhs to outside of roof rack. buy smaller rhs that will telescope inside. maybe drill and weld a 1/4 nut for thumb screw to lock in place
This will then pull out to suit your needs. It looks neeat and store bought in my head can you picture it yet? LOL really is easy as. We should all get together for a pow wow
Could be giving away a million $$$ idea

mudski
6th October 2012, 04:47 PM
Erm o.k here comes the dumbass from me. What is RHS?

Edit : Oh wait! that blue box tubing stuff! Hmm we're getting close. Gotta look good, not a back yard bodgy look. Even though it will be. But kudos for the brain kick. This bit has had be stumped for a while now.

Edit again : I originally had thought to use the extendable draw slides you can get from Bunnings....But that would look shite!

I want a slice of the cake TD if you make any coin out of this idea... :)

janderson
6th October 2012, 04:52 PM
Erm o.k here comes the dumbass from me. What is RHS?

Edit : Oh wait! that blue box tubing stuff! Hmm we're getting close. Gotta look good, not a back yard bodgy look. Even though it will be. But kudos for the brain kick. This bit has had be stumped for a while now.

Edit again : I originally had thought to use the extendable draw slides you can get from Bunnings....But that would look shite!

(R)eal (H)ose (S)hit. MY Apologies, could not help myself.

threedogs
6th October 2012, 05:31 PM
RHS is rolled hollow section or for you and me square tube
Normally blue you can also get EWS which is electric welded seam un painted

Lieney
7th October 2012, 09:54 PM
Got thumper air compressor after reading several tests in mags etc. Almost 3x larger than an arb on we looked at but $ were nearly 1/3 the price of arb. Arb are good, but not for 3x the price. Bought awning for $150 at show today. Light weight but good value for $$$ I reckon.
Management, organisation etc can be a little disorganised.
Reasonable service, good product, great prices

BigRAWesty
8th November 2012, 05:32 PM
Hi guys. I've seen a lot of people mentioning the tigrez 1 gallon air tank.. Well I can't find it on there site, only the bigger ones.
Can someone help me out if they still make them..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

growler2058
8th November 2012, 05:38 PM
RHS is rolled hollow section or for you and me square tube
Normally blue you can also get EWS which is electric welded seam un painted

I thought RHS was rectangular hollow section and SHS square hollow section??

janderson
8th November 2012, 05:44 PM
the Summer catalogue shows 9L $69 & 18L $79 air tank only

BigRAWesty
8th November 2012, 05:48 PM
the Summer catalogue shows 9L $69 & 18L $79 air tank only

Yea that's what I was looking at, so that's a 2 gallon and 4 gallon..

So maybe the 1 gallon is no more??

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)