PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

Brendan56
23rd June 2012, 05:36 PM
Hey all, bought a 93 mav yesterday and the central locking only occasionally works on the left rear passenger door and doesn't work at all on the right rear door, but works perfectly on all other doors, any ideas?

Clunk
23rd June 2012, 06:02 PM
Sticky actuator?
Does the same on mine but the other way round, was like it when I bought it almost 2 years ago lol

Brendan56
23rd June 2012, 06:15 PM
Any way to fix it? I have a can of wd40 and a screwdriver at the ready haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
23rd June 2012, 07:06 PM
Any way to fix it? I have a can of wd40 and a screwdriver at the ready haha

sorry mate, have no idea, otyherwise I might have done mine ages ago!!!!!! hahahahaha........................... maybe

Brendan56
23rd June 2012, 07:07 PM
If I could manage to get the door trim off I'd try sort it out, but it doesn't seem to want to come off

Robo
24th June 2012, 10:33 AM
Pop the rocker switches out.
Remover rear cover.
Clean points contacts.
Replace cover and connect back up and try.
Should be working again.
The actuators can break or fail.
cheap to replace with an aftermarket actuator
cheers

marbles
3rd July 2012, 01:54 PM
door trim is easy one scew in the recess of the handle part(arm rest) then slide insert to the rear and theres two more screws holding arm rest on then all just pop inserts
just buy a kit from jaycar with new actuators one or two slave to replace the broken ones and a master for the drvs door and then you have remote central

Flo-w
4th July 2012, 10:32 AM
This thread made me try to fix my central locking issues (on a 95 GQ) as well. Door trim was easy to take of.

What I found was curious though: the actuator is working but there's clearly a rod missing between the actuator and the part which moves when I lock the door manually. It's not broken of since it's nowhere in the door and the connections are intakt.
Any idea how that part is called and if I could buy it somewhere?

marbles
4th July 2012, 10:34 AM
the actuator arm is sold as part of the actuator, have a ring around the wreckers and get the whole peice or just get an aftermarket slave actuator
and mount that

hallvard
11th May 2014, 07:25 PM
Hi! Did you fix this problem? I have problem with my central lock too. Need new actuators I think. Did you replace the old actuators with new ones? Du you have a link to where I can buy?

GQ TANK
12th May 2014, 05:15 PM
Its commom fault- i need to fix mine drivers rear intermittanly fails

BigRAWesty
12th May 2014, 06:22 PM
My middle door actuators snapped the shafts, and the 2 I grabbed from a spare car were the same.
So if bought an aftermarket kit with keyless entry..
In the end will be stand alone..

Lightspeed
19th May 2014, 08:23 AM
My central locking was working till I changed my engine from petrol to diesel then it wouldn't work but when you pulled one lock up all locks poped up. When I pressed the key thing it had a very faint clicking sound. Then it worked one day for about 1 week then it stopped for good. It's a pain in the butt. It's an after market one on a GQ.