PDA

View Full Version : TD42 injector pump fuel screw

Richo460
23rd June 2012, 03:08 PM
Can someone please tell me where the fuel screw is on the injector pump? I need to turn up the fuel. Do you screw it in for more fuel or out?:icon_bonk:
Cheers

97_gq_lwb
23rd June 2012, 03:34 PM
heres a clear pic screw it in in for more fuel

http://forum.patrol4x4wa.com/index.php?topic=5363.0

Richo460
23rd June 2012, 04:34 PM
thanks mate.

Richo460
23rd June 2012, 04:43 PM
not sure how much to adjust it, just gave the rig a test run with the turbo. Not getting much boost or power, needs more fuel. Got an exhaust leak somwhere, i think its out of the crappy v band clamp on the dump pipe, not sure how to best seal that up. Any ideas?
Also my egt guage in't reading anything, i have no idea what the deal is.

97_gq_lwb
23rd June 2012, 05:51 PM
I just used a bead of the red exhaust sealant on the vband that won't effect your boost.
You may need to adjust the wastegate to see boost especially after rotating the turbo to suit etc.
Check the wiring on the egt not sure wich one you installed .
And it might be an idea now that it has been run to go over the manifold bolts and give them a tighten up.
If you wind the fuel up too much you will get over run the revs will take way too long to come back down when you give it a boot.
And you'll find you can't get your idle down far enough as well you run out of adjustment.

nissannewby
23rd June 2012, 06:21 PM
If gauges are all working correctly normall adjust a quarter of a turn at a time.

Richo460
25th June 2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the help. Its really uncharted territory for me with turbos.
So i wound the fuel in half a turn, bcked off the idle quite a bit. Still have a bloody exhaust leak out of the f*#$ing v band flange. Its only peaking at about 7psi so maybe i do have a prob with the wastegate, i will adjust it in the morning and try get some exhaust sealant, the stuff i have now doesn't seal anything.
I'm pretty happy with the extra power but i think 10psi will be about perfect. Maybe that will come when i adjust up the wastegate. Got the guages working, EGT got to 450 when i was giving it a bit of stick up a hill, hopefully it doesn't get much higher but i will give it a run up the range tomorrow to check.
I am getting fuel starvation though so i will fit a little lift pump on the tank. couldn't get the intercooler fitted as it will need to be cut and welded and i don't have ally welding gear so its not happening yet. Just ordered a K&N Apoolo filter to put in so i can reconnect the snorkle. Not sure if they are any good but seems like an easy option over trying to find a GU airbox and then i think my second battery will be in the road.
Been a nasty week fighting with the pipework and the manifold and been really sick, couldn't even have beers. Had a snapped exhaust stud in the head and then sanpped an easy out in there, a big easy out, so i made a right proper mess of that. Nice to get the old girl on the road again and if i feel any better tomorrow i will finish the rear bar i made, fit it up and wire in my spotties, might make a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help fellas.

DieselSmart
26th June 2012, 09:57 AM
Hey Richo

if you go into SVS in cairns and ask for Leigh he can do an internal modification to your fuel pump on that Engine aswel as adjust the screw. The internal modification to the fuel pump allows the car to only add more fuel when it needs it and not just add more fuel constantly like adjusting the screw does. He will also be able to set your boost up correctly on the dyno to compensate for the fuel and you should be able to run about 15-18psi of boost netting you around the 100-115rwkw mark depending on the turbo that you have on it. Makes a huge difference to fuel economy and towing power it will also help to keep egt's down by running more boost.

hope that is of some help haah

Cheers,
DieselSmart

makeitfit
30th March 2013, 11:51 AM
heres a clear pic screw it in in for more fuel

http://forum.patrol4x4wa.com/index.php?topic=5363.0
hmph, just clicked the link tosee the clear pic , as you do :/ and got abused ?
"Closed

Go start a forum or FB page yourself. Everyone is doing it why not you?"
Say what ? I only wanted a bit of help ffs :/

threedogs
30th March 2013, 11:57 AM
@ makeitfit Looks like that link was the other Forum,
They dont like ppl asking Questions.Weird eh go figure WTF

Dominator
30th March 2013, 04:36 PM
hmph, just clicked the link to see the clear pic , as you do :/ and got abused ?
"Closed

Go start a forum or FB page yourself. Everyone is doing it why not you?"
Say what ? I only wanted a bit of help ffs :/

Haha. Wow!

Do a google search for TD42 adjust fuel and you should be able to find some info.