PDA

View Full Version : tigerz11 bar

gupatrol
21st June 2012, 07:13 PM
hi guys has any one brought one of the tigerz11 bullbars for their patrol if so what are your opinions of these bars as i am looking at buying one?

AB
21st June 2012, 07:28 PM
How long have they been doing bars for?

Their certainly branching out these days thats for sure!

gupatrol
21st June 2012, 07:36 PM
yeah thats for sure $590 including gst and $88.82 freight to parramatta cant go wrong also thinking about the hercules 12000lbs with plasma rope for only $350

AB
21st June 2012, 09:19 PM
yeah thats for sure $590 including gst and $88.82 freight to parramatta cant go wrong also thinking about the hercules 12000lbs with plasma rope for only $350

My mate got the Hercules and has used it a few times so far....Thumbs up so far.

daggy
21st August 2012, 05:14 PM
Hoping to bump this thread. Tigerz are bringing in a steel bullbar for the GUIV and I'm interesed in comments from any person that has a Tigerz bullbar on any model. They are at a great price and look the goods on fleabay photo, but no photos of the mounts.

mudski
26th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Going by the quality of their roof racks and awnings, I wouldn't be touching it with a 100ft pole. A trusting it too..

Thirsty
27th August 2012, 08:50 AM
I've seen 2 and both of them were starting to rust already around the welds.

Patrol94
27th August 2012, 07:49 PM
I've also seen one on a mates hilux and looked good on there but after not very long started to rust around the mounts and paint scratched quite easy may be ok for the price but still not as good a quality as others ie tjm, arb. But for less than half the price could justify it. I am looking to get one of there winches tho.

megatexture
27th August 2012, 08:01 PM
for that price id buy one and spray it with some 2pac before fitting it

mudski
27th August 2012, 08:28 PM
The steel used is probably made from plasticine. I'd be very wary of putting any stress on that bar. I would buy a second hand ARB or TJM and get it repainted or powder coated. Atleast you will know of the build quality.

Patrol94
27th August 2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah it's a good price but I don't think i would trust hitting a roo or something in it. So I would probably go for a second hand arb and re paint at panel beaters or somewhere shouldn't be to much but I think the quality of steel and mounts is more important.

mudski
28th August 2012, 08:55 PM
It would be like those cheap body panels I used to buy 20 years ago doing up my old Holdens I had. You were guaranteed none will fit straight up. The file and grinder need to come out before fitment.

daggy
28th August 2012, 10:08 PM
While I like the TJM bar it is also made in China to Ausie specs. Says so on the sticker on the bar at TJM. Powder coating is only about $180 for a recoat. Would like to see a picture of the mounts on one and comments from an owner.

mick.
3rd September 2012, 06:23 AM
The problem with this rubbish coming out of China these days is there already got rust on the inside of the bar work as there not supergal (interally coating as well) and rusting from the inside out particularly around welds because of the poor quality welds having pin holes in them. It doesn't matter whether you get it sandblasted or not you cant stop the rust on the inside coming out.

Cheers Mick.