PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Spare Keys with chip - Pakenham.

Hoggy
21st June 2012, 06:29 PM
Hi guys.
I was walking through the new shopping centre in Pakenham today and there is a key cutting kiosk in the middle advertising that they cut car keys - "Mister MINIT".
I asked, and sure enough they do GU Patrol keys with the chip in them on the spot. She scanned the code and told me she had the key to match in the drawer and could cut and program it in minutes.
$89 bucks and done while you wait.
Not only that, she handed me a flyer from the counter and it has a 10% discount voucher on the bottom, making it close enough to $80.
I haven't looked elsewhere yet but it seemed like a pretty good deal to me. I had to run so haven't tried them out yet, but will get mine done next week and update. Hope it can help someone!:wink:

Cheers, Hoggy.

Hoggy
21st June 2012, 06:32 PM
.... feel free to move this if there is a better spot on the forums!
Hoggy.

AB
21st June 2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds good mate, I doubt you would get much cheaper than that.

Hoggy
29th June 2012, 11:33 AM
Bump....

For other members info!

lil regy
30th June 2012, 05:57 AM
why cant this place be in Perth

mudski
4th July 2012, 07:05 PM
Thats weird as I rang a Mr.Minit over hear in Westfield Plenty Valley and he told me $150.

Hoggy
4th July 2012, 08:08 PM
Thats weird as I rang a Mr.Minit over hear in Westfield Plenty Valley and he told me $150.
It might be a franchise and prices vary? Not sure....

mudski
4th July 2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah it is a franchise. I guess I will be doing the ring around...

BBBB
7th March 2013, 12:20 PM
This may be a bit late for Hoggy (original post 21/06/2012) but......
I had a key including electronics done for my 2010 GU VII CRD DX by Mr Minit franchise in Darwin. Starting with the new key was at best - RANDOM, mostly it wouldn't work. Took key back and Mr Minit man did another with same result. Eventually refunded my money.
I took the vehicle to Darwin Lock and Key (Coconut Grove for Darwin locals) to see what they could do... Turns out later Patrols need special attention for the new key electronics to work. Darwin Lock and Key was also $15 cheaper than Mr Minit with the bonus of a key that works every time.