PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my radio out

Bazhemps
20th June 2012, 03:20 PM
:icon_driving:Hi Folks,
If I get time soon the plan is to take the radio out of the dash to see why the CD wont work. How do I do it please? 2001 GU 3ltre Turbo auto.
Thanks,
Baz

TimE
20th June 2012, 03:34 PM
Undo the two screws above the heater controls, leaver the bottom corner (left or right) of the facia panel and pull on the bottom edge towards yourself. The panel clips will "pop" out and you will now have access to the screws that hold the radio into the dash, undo these screws and gently pull out the unit, bearing in mind it will have cables attached to the rear of the unit.

Bazhemps
25th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Hi All,
Had a go at getting my radio/cd out on the weekend, looked for screws as per TimE's post none there I could see. The surround has no obvious screws or fixings. What is the next step? It is a 2001 GU 3ltr turbo auto.
Cheers,
Baz

AB
25th June 2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Baz, yep the 3 litres are a bit different. Just had a look at a 2000 model. You will see two little rectangular holes at the bottom sides of the black cover.

Need to put a flat head screw driver in each side, lever it to pop off the black cover off and then you should right after that mate.

wildgu6
25th June 2012, 02:09 PM
X2 with ABs post, just run your fingers along the bottom, you will feel the slots to insert driver to pop it out,
The cover plate also has a few wires plugged in as well, just unplug and the panel can come off completely, then once off you will be able to access the head unit screws.

Yappa Tappa Doo

Bazhemps
26th June 2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks AB & wild98 for the heads up, spot on the money cover came off OK. Gotta love this forum "SH*T HOT"
Baz