PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. to my favourite 4WDing buddy

Winnie
20th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Although I only knew him for a few months, it felt like we had been mates my whole life. I trusted him more than anybody else, and I was always so excited to come home and see him grinning at me. He was so cheeky, he was hilarious, he always cracked me up. He always had an absolute blast coming in the Patrol with me, and everybody knew that the passenger seat was Harley's seat.

Rest in peace little fella, always in my heart and memories.

Love you Harley xoxox

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/269317_10150942467433025_1384184219_n.jpg

Stropp
20th June 2012, 01:13 PM
bugger thats not good mate hope it wasnt a nasty passing.

Bob
20th June 2012, 01:15 PM
So Sorry to hear about that mate.

They become members of the family and are so trusting.

Feel for you Mate

Sir Roofy
20th June 2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that mate nothing worse than loosing your best mate

ozzymalone
20th June 2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're ok and give Harley a good send off.

AB
20th June 2012, 01:34 PM
Shame mate, nothing worse than your dog passing....

growler2058
20th June 2012, 01:35 PM
Sorry to hear it mate. was there complications with his op?

macca
20th June 2012, 01:35 PM
What is it about dogs, they are the best companion. You open the door and they are there in a flash, tail wagging and waiting for a pat.
Sorry to hear you lost your little mate, only looks real young as well.
All the best Macca

rkinsey
20th June 2012, 01:37 PM
It is hard to take losing a mate such as Harley. No matter how your day goes, they always say "Gday" with a smile when you come home. I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully he will meet up with and run the endless paddocks with my mate of 14 years, Zac.

Cheers,

Rob

Winnie
20th June 2012, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear it mate. was there complications with his op?

No that went fine, he went for a wander this morning which he's never done before. I think it either had something to do with the earthquake spooking him or the removal of his balls. He wandered onto the road, my neighbour found him this morning.

He was only 4 months old.

Bigrig
20th June 2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear it old mate. Not a nice thing at all, and they are our "best friends" for a reason ... painful to lose them.

taslucas
20th June 2012, 01:48 PM
That's no good mate. Sorry to hear it. R.I.P. little dude.

wildgu6
20th June 2012, 01:56 PM
Thoughts go out to you buddy, nothing worse than losing a good critter, they become part of the family and are always so loyal, so young too.
R.I.P little fella

Yappa Tappa Doo

Winnie
20th June 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks all, means a lot.

The other dog is missing him, she's a 10 year old Jack Russell and they were inseparable. She's not really sure what is going on, she keeps moving between laying next to where he is buried and his bed. Poor little girl.

White Elephant
20th June 2012, 04:09 PM
Mate very sorry to hear that. I totally feel your pain. You get so attached to the little blighters. I lost by best mate of 11 years on Christmas morning a few years back. He is now immortalised by means of a portrait on my chest. His little girlfriend just wasn't the same after he had left this mortal coil. She was 8 at the time. As much as I didn't want to, I ended up getting another pooch, just to keep her company, now they are the best of mates and inseperable. Also an endless source of amusement and companionship! Regardless, I still miss him. I had him cremated, so he has his own shrine in my place, so I can still see him everyday. RIP Harley, hope you and my mate Murph are enjoying a better place!

Maxhead
20th June 2012, 04:09 PM
Sh1t ...not good news, sorry to hear mate

RIP Little Harley

Woof
21st June 2012, 01:53 AM
Mate I feel for you, dogs are one of the family as soon as we get them........all that I can say is what has gotten me through times like you are going through, he had a great life with you than with someone who did not care about him and was so lucky to have you as a friend.

2TROLLFAM
21st June 2012, 07:50 AM
Awwwww the poor little bugger ... My boys were always with me, know what it's like to loose them unexpectedly & tragically .. RIP little man xx

DX grunt
21st June 2012, 09:11 AM
RIP, Harley.

Take care up there.

Rossco

rusty_nail
21st June 2012, 09:48 AM
sorry to hear mate, dogs are the best companions and its amazing how quickly they grow on you. once again sorry for your loss pal

45/70
21st June 2012, 07:40 PM
Not good news pal, you will never replace Harley but dont let that stop you from getting another pup, it will help ease the pain.

stets
21st June 2012, 08:17 PM
our condolences mate

Clunk
21st June 2012, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss mate, I've got 2 labs meself and love em to bits....... RIP Harley

Finly Owner
22nd June 2012, 10:55 PM
Well , reading these posts, tears welling, I realise how many caring people we have here. We all feel your pain, and offer you truly heart felt condolences, for your loss of Harley. Dogs listen and don't answer back or offer an opion. They nudge you for a pat. They forgive you instantly for yelling t them for piddling in the wrong spot or chewing your footwear.

Give em a feed, a safe place to live and let them be close, and they will let you believe you own and control them. But your best Mate, melted your heart, and knew you were smitten.

His photo show him happy and content. No words can numb your pain, but I I hope I have helped you see happy flashbacks of the time you had with Harley.

Sincerely Sorry for your loss.
R.I.P. Harley

Tim

Winnie
22nd June 2012, 11:10 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, means more to me than you know.

This photo is about a month old, unfortunately I don't have much newer than that.

I really do miss coming home to see his tail wagging. He could always sense if I was stressed from work, and he would do something crazy to make me laugh. When I had him at the vet on Monday, the nurses all fell in love with him, they couldn't believe how well behaved and jolly he was. He was prancing around like he owned the joint, made me laugh so hard. Another time about 2 weeks after I got him, my sister came over with her one year old son. The two of them were mucking around outside, next minute we turn around and my nephew is standing in front of me, absolutely covered in mud with such an innocent look on his face, look down next to him and Harley is sitting right next to him, just as filthy with the same innocent look on his face, a little something like this.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/579797_10150901548183025_284373141_n.jpg

Here is a photo of them playing together (before they had a mud bath!!!)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/552828_10150915977771656_1319301755_n.jpg

He truly was my best friend, and I will never forget him. I can be proud that he knew just how much I cared for him, I and knew how much he loved me too. I love you boy!! You're in a better place now.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/580715_10150750803693025_566684252_n.jpg

Finly Owner
23rd June 2012, 12:13 AM
Absolutely beautiful pics Mate. the one with Harley and your nephew have the potential to be a poster. Absolutely Priceless.

Thank you for sharing.

I m sure I speak for all, talk and share as much as youwish.

Tim

Clunk
3rd July 2012, 11:09 PM
Edit: Apologies for the hi-jack Kristoff, wasn't sure if I should have started new thread, if it's not ok, let me know and I'll see if one of the mode can move it. I wasn't thinking.

Well I almost found out what it was like to lose one of my good mates Libby on Sunday, she was off her food and wouldn't eat Saturday and Sunday, just thought it was a bug she'd picked up. Woke up Sunday morning to find a big stinky reddy brown discharge on her bed, back end all covered in it. Called the vets and took her straight down.... They tol me they think it's a really badly infected uterus and would need an emergency hysterectomy but would be touch and go.... I have to say my heart sank and this big man sure did shed a tear. She had a blood transfusion due to blood poisoning and put on IV. After calling the vet every few hours over the last couple of days to check on her, they gave me the news I needed to hear today........ Come and get her, she's doing well, eating drinking, so she can go home as long as she rests........... Picked her up at 7pm tonight and she's been sleeping at my feet ever since.
She does have to wear the cone of silence though which she's not happy about but looks funny as.....

threedogs
3rd July 2012, 11:15 PM
Feel your hurt mate, its the worst feeling ever, chin up

Clunk
3rd July 2012, 11:19 PM
Feel your hurt mate, its the worst feeling ever, chin up

Cheers bud, no hurting here just pure relief

Drew
4th July 2012, 08:17 AM
Sorry for you loss bud.