PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Spare Parts Service USELESS - Okay to RAGE here?

Hoggy
20th June 2012, 01:43 AM
Went to the local Nissan Dealer yesterday. I won't say which one... Actually, for the greater good, I will. ***for the forums sake I have removed the dealers name just in case it comes back to bite us..The Dogman***
I needed a sump gasket, some body trim clips and some advice. I think my front right wheel bearings might be worn as there is a small amount of play there somewhere. Rather fix 'em in the shed than in the Simpson I figured..... Spoke to a fella, he paged the "Expert" from the workshop to help. Sweet! All going well. :biggrin: I priced up the bearings - easy one for the spare parts counter I figured. $530 A CORNER. :jawdrop:
I picked myself up and asked the gentleman to 'Please Explain'.
Apparently they can't sell me any bearings because the hubs are sold as 'sealed units'. So it's new hubs all round according to the gentleman....Oh, and the rears were even more. "Well can I have the part numbers please?" "No, sorry.... they arent listed." "Can you look them up?" I says. "No" was the reply. "Hmmm. Okay. How about the advance plate on the injector pump."
............ insert long blank stare here..........
"You know, to fix that hot-start issue?"
.............puzzled look..............
"On the 2.8"
"It was a warranty fix."
"I don't know the part numbers but it's a small plate and an O ring. It's a genuine part."
.....clicks the mouse a few times randomly.....
"Never heard of it."

"BYE!" :icon_driving:

Went straight to Bursons. 7 kits in stock. Rears too. $100 and $200 a kit respectively.
Crossed the road to Repco. In stock. $85 and $115 a kit respectively.

Shop around, avoid Nissan dealers like the plague. Unless you're lucky enough to have a reliable, helpful service and spare parts fellow at your local. I don't! Just my 5 cents!

Hoggy :icon_victory:

Bigrig
20th June 2012, 08:13 AM
All too common a story mate ... it's not the outlets fault as such, more so Nissan Australia (and most other manufacturer spares) with the way they seek blood on spare parts.

Yep, most of the time, the part needed is available elsewhere - when it comes to bushes and rubbers, I use genuine Nissan, but that's about where it ends.

AB
20th June 2012, 09:06 AM
Rather than contact Nissan for genuine parts you could check out Nizzbits in the forum vendors section he supplies genuine parts for a good price.

Also, Patrolapart in Lilydale Victoria are a great help also.

Sir Roofy
20th June 2012, 09:55 AM
went to the local nissan dealer yesterday. I won't say which one... Actually, for the greater good, i will. *****nissan/mitsubishi.
I needed a sump gasket, some body trim clips and some advice. I think my front right wheel bearings might be worn as there is a small amount of play there somewhere. Rather fix 'em in the shed than in the simpson i figured..... Spoke to a fella, he paged the "expert" from the workshop to help. Sweet! All going well. :biggrin: I priced up the bearings - easy one for the spare parts counter i figured. $530 a corner. :jawdrop:
I picked myself up and asked the gentleman to 'please explain'.
Apparently they can't sell me any bearings because the hubs are sold as 'sealed units'. So it's new hubs all round according to the gentleman....oh, and the rears were even more. "well can i have the part numbers please?" "no, sorry.... They arent listed." "can you look them up?" i says. "no" was the reply. "hmmm. Okay. How about the advance plate on the injector pump."
............ Insert long blank stare here..........
"you know, to fix that hot-start issue?"
.............puzzled look..............
"on the 2.8"
"it was a warranty fix."
"i don't know the part numbers but it's a small plate and an o ring. It's a genuine part."
.....clicks the mouse a few times randomly.....
"never heard of it."

"bye!" :icon_driving:

Went straight to bursons. 7 kits in stock. Rears too. $100 and $200 a kit respectively.
Crossed the road to repco. In stock. $85 and $115 a kit respectively.

Shop around, avoid nissan dealers like the plague. Unless you're lucky enough to have a reliable, helpful service and spare parts fellow at your local. I don't! Just my 5 cents!

Hoggy :icon_victory:

mate them 2 on the counter are zoned out and the parts guy he dosnt know nissan from mitsubishi

Hoggy
20th June 2012, 10:09 AM
mate them 2 on the counter are zoned out and the parts guy he dosnt know nissan from mitsubishi

Hahaha, we're definately talking about the same blokes! One of his replies was actually "Mitsubishi doesn't sell bearings either."

Sir Roofy
20th June 2012, 11:56 AM
hahaha, we're definately talking about the same blokes! One of his replies was actually "mitsubishi doesn't sell bearings either."

same place

Winnie
20th June 2012, 12:52 PM
I went there a couple of weeks ago to get a wheel stud. Bloke on the counter was more than useless, they got their "expert" out and he knew what he was doing.

taslucas
20th June 2012, 04:12 PM
In the interest of keeping things balanced I'll put my 2c in. I have been to my local Nissan (and Holden) dealership a few times since owning my trol and a few times when I had the Calais. I have had expert advice and they've helped with every question or problem I've had. The only slip up was that they ordered the wrong temp sensor but the swapped it at their own expense. I've even been invited into the service managers office to talk at length about my torque converter lock up probs.

Tap, crackle, pop

Steveo_the_Devo
20th June 2012, 04:28 PM
I'll put in a plug for Garry at Nizzbits. Helpful, knowledgable, good prices (for genuine), quick delivery AND he answers emails on the weekend (well, he did for me at least)! Well worth a chat.

I generally try to avoid the spare parts counter at Nissan if I can.

Drew
20th June 2012, 05:01 PM
All too common a story mate ... it's not the outlets fault as such, more so Nissan Australia (and most other manufacturer spares) with the way they seek blood on spare parts.

Yep, most of the time, the part needed is available elsewhere - when it comes to bushes and rubbers, I use genuine Nissan, but that's about where it ends.

Nissan rubbers ? I wouldn't touch them with my ten foot pole, ansell all the way :smileyvault-cute-bi

Woof
21st June 2012, 01:38 AM
I have removed the dealers name from your initial post Hoggy, I hope you understand mate, but naming them could cause some issues for the forum and we do not want that.

Hoggy
21st June 2012, 10:06 AM
I have removed the dealers name from your initial post Hoggy, I hope you understand mate, but naming them could cause some issues for the forum and we do not want that.
Yes mate, for sure. No dramas!

Silver
21st June 2012, 12:16 PM
Roofy/Dogman, you need to edit the quote a couple of posts down?

growler2058
21st June 2012, 01:03 PM
Roofy/Dogman, you need to edit the quote a couple of posts down?

Cheers Silver gottit

Brisvegas
22nd June 2012, 10:09 PM
Dont even get me started on there warranty