PDA

View Full Version : Best light bar set up/spare wheel set up?

aussiemale
19th June 2012, 07:49 PM
Just trying to find the best set up for a light bar.
Background
MQ/MK wagon, roof is cut off and will be having a canvas top but retaining the roof rail? (check Bryans MQ/MK Build to get a visual picture).
Am a long way off but thought prep is easier at the beginning than when I've finished.
Trying to work out if there if I should have it fixed on the roof rails and work the canvas top around it, or on the front bar work.
One of the members has a LED (well think that's what it was) set up that looked damn fine but not sure of what brand/make etc.
Spare wheel set up.
Wagon is tail gate
trying to work out how to set up a double spare wheel set up.
Tossing up between a set-up that I've seen on some guys on here where it's at the rear, or otherwise setting it up similar to the military mod 6x6s where the tyre is in a side cavity behind the front seats
Any and all ideas/tips will be appreciated

oncedisturbed
19th June 2012, 10:12 PM
IMHO rear wheel carrier would be better with swing away arms rather than trying to log it and out of the rig. There are several different ones out there, maybe try and incorporate the best parts of each and make a "unique" 1 to suit what you need?

aussiemale
20th June 2012, 05:15 PM
As if my "project" isn't unique as it is LOL.
One thing is definite is it's NOT going to be underslung. Can't for the life of me think why car manufacturers would do that to a 4x4 as most of the time when you need the spare you're up to you axles in ...