PDA

View Full Version : advice wiring up work lights.

CorbinsGUte
19th June 2012, 03:14 PM
hey guys, i just got a couple cheap 55w work lights to put on my tray and want some ideas on the wiring placement . im wondering how tjm best way would be to run the wiring from the switch in the cab outside to the lights . is there a way to feed it through the air vent things on each side of the outside of the cab or from underneath maybe?
any tips would be great
cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

97_gq_lwb
19th June 2012, 03:17 PM
If i was running outside work lights i would mount a switch in or near the light and in the cab .

CorbinsGUte
19th June 2012, 03:26 PM
yeah mate the plan it to put the switch up on the pillar where the seat belt is up there somewhere . just need to figure out a good way of cutting a small rectangular hole in the plastic pillar

timbar
19th June 2012, 03:32 PM
Or as an alterative possibly it the funds allow put a second battery system in and mout it under the tray and run the wiring directly from the second battery this will solve the wiring issue and preserve your cranking battery if u run the lights for too long and will only drain the second battery ?????

97_gq_lwb
19th June 2012, 06:28 PM
I bought little dremel type tool from supercheap.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Rockwell-Shop-Series-Rotary-Tool-RS600K-160W.aspx?pid=135299&menuFrom=6028#Description

It's great for cutting out holes in plastic comes with all sorts of minature cutting discs and bits to make a neat job of it .

megatexture
19th June 2012, 08:43 PM
go the dremel for cutting that or just drill a hole and file it out if you want to do it on the cheap.
there may be some rubber grommets on the back panel backing the headboard i know there are on a lux. appologies for mentioning the forbiden but worth a look would be the easiest way to get wires in or out of the cab

CorbinsGUte
19th June 2012, 09:04 PM
i think ill drill a hole out and put a grommet in to get out of the cab, and I've never heard to a dremel but i Will check it out on Saturday. and regarding the dual battery. its on the cards but not yet.
cheers