PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Turbo kit??

Aben Dean
19th June 2012, 02:52 PM
i have a TD42 powered 1999 Nissan Patrol GU Series1. its currently not turbo, i want to buy a reliable and most powerful full bolt-on Turbo kit available. i have seen few different ones with Different turbos and prices....which kit would the members recommend?? - Thanks

nissannewby
20th June 2012, 11:45 PM
DTS kit by MTQ is prob the best value for money and gains kit around mate.

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2012, 11:53 PM
MTQ for sure. Complete kit, bolt up. all parts supplied.

Big Fan here

Aben Dean
23rd June 2012, 06:21 AM
i was interested in the complete kit AXT turbo kit....any drawbacks on this kit??

Richo460
23rd June 2012, 03:03 PM
i just did an install of a kit that i bought the bits as i went. Got a cheap chinese turbo and mainfold and stuff. I would not recommend doing this. If i had my time again i would get the DTS kit or one of the other completely bolt on kits. the one i did was a nightmare.

GU_Nemesis
23rd June 2012, 10:43 PM
Looking for a kit myself and have heard real good things about the DTS kit as a few others have said. About $2750? or so on ebay for complete kit from memory

Aben Dean
24th June 2012, 09:10 AM
DTS kits are A$3000 above i guess....how good is the AXT turbo kit??

nissannewby
24th June 2012, 07:15 PM
It should be less than 3k for a dts with an exhaust. Axt arent bad there isnt alot between them if your not hp hungry any kit will do the job ring/shop around and go with whoever will give you the best deal. MTQ have dealers in every state so if your touring it would be easier for warranty/repair side of things with this kit.

Aben Dean
27th June 2012, 06:35 AM
I Just bought a used Safari turbo kit off Ebay for around $950, its just missing the dump pipe and oil lines. The owner upgraded the engine so sold the system. Where would i be able to find the dump pipe to suit the Safari turbo kit and also the oil / water lines??

Damian_74
1st July 2012, 12:50 AM
G'day all, first post, hope I can contribute.

I fitted a Turboglide kit a few years ago to my 2001 GU ute. TD4.2

From memory, it was about $3250 supply only. The kit cam with every bolt, screw, gasket and a 2.5” exhaust. Four hours on the front lawn and I was driving down the road with a grin from ear to ear.

I did my trade as a Diesel Fitter and now work as a Marine Engineer and have played with the odd bolt or two if that puts any value on my recommendation.

http://www.turboglide.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=78