PDA

View Full Version : GU Extended brake line front.

BundyDave
18th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Hi all

I purchased a set of extended brake lines for a 2" lift. However the block for the front is different to the one I received. The guy I bought it from says I'm the first to say it doesnt fit. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether my truck is the only one like this. I have attached a couple pics for you to see what I'm talking about.

Mine is a GUIV Dec 2006

I would appreciate it if anyone with the same model year could check theirs.

Many thanks

Dave

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2012, 10:56 PM
They should be the same fitting front and back. Sorry on my iPhone so the pics don't do much. Why did you buy 2 lines? Generally you fit the rear line to the front as its longer and grab a longer line for the back.

Will it fit on the back? If it doesn't then I reckon he has sent you the wrong part number.

megatexture
19th June 2012, 12:38 AM
with no thread opposite the rubber line(like in your pic) its not looking like the same part, ive not done my brake lines but my guess is its not the right one.

Gas_Guzzler4800
19th June 2012, 07:21 AM
not 100% sure but it looks like he has sent you an ABS model brake line ( patrols with ABS have 2 front brake hoses, 1 per side )

my third 256
19th June 2012, 03:30 PM
just checked min out the one in your picture is for abs and is the passanger side
the drivers side is 180 degrees from the rubber hose ie straight trough mines a gu6 3ltr

BundyDave
19th June 2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks mate I will contact him and let him know!

BundyDave
19th June 2012, 10:07 PM
Hey mate thanks for the reply I will contact the seller.