PDA

View Full Version : Bigrig's Big Move.

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 08:27 AM
Howdy

As some are aware, I'm moving house on the weekend of the 30th June. I'm taking a few weeks off to pack and do some stuff round the new joint (build a fence, site cleanup, etc) but would looooove some extra hands for the cost of a few beers and return favour to assist on either of the Saturday and/or Sunday of that weekend. I've got a few blokes lined up (need the women too, as I don't do "kitchens and bathrooms" etc. lol) but if anyone is able to lend a hand, it would be more than appreciated.

As per usual, the place we live in is fairly big (the new house not so big) and we've spread like cancer through the joint and have a tonne of crap to pack, dump, and/or shift. I figure many hands make light work, so if you're able, let me know (most in QLD have my number, so text is fine also) and we'll work it out from there. Figure if I can get around ten blokes (have 5 currently), then we can literally just do pack, dump in vehicles, run it over, drop off and run back in cycles and simply smash the whole joint in a day. I've got a trailer and a 3 tonne enclosed truck, but obviously the more the better. The new place is literally 6 minutes door to door, so not far away.

Payment made in food and drinks on the day, BBQ that afternoon at the new joint, and obviously favours owed for the future.

Soooo ...... anyone?? lol

New place is a bit a of man heaven also ... 2.5 acres, 163 metre driveway so concealed well and truly from the road, 2 sheds being 12x9 and 12x7.5, car hoist in place, over 200 square metres of flat concrete right out front of the sheds, and far enough from the house to be painful for the women to come out and ask questions!!! lmao

Thanks in advance lads and ladettes!!

growler2058
15th June 2012, 08:34 AM
I'll be there....................Oh no i wont :-( ......................I'll be slurping cocktails in a foreign land, but trust me i WILL be thinking of you hahahahhaha

my third 256
15th June 2012, 08:42 AM
Howdy

As some are aware, I'm moving house on the weekend of the 30th June. I'm taking a few weeks off to pack and do some stuff round the new joint (build a fence, site cleanup, etc) but would looooove some extra hands for the cost of a few beers and return favour to assist on either of the Saturday and/or Sunday of that weekend. I've got a few blokes lined up (need the women too, as I don't do "kitchens and bathrooms" etc. lol) but if anyone is able to lend a hand, it would be more than appreciated.

As per usual, the place we live in is fairly big (the new house not so big) and we've spread like cancer through the joint and have a tonne of crap to pack, dump, and/or shift. I figure many hands make light work, so if you're able, let me know (most in QLD have my number, so text is fine also) and we'll work it out from there. Figure if I can get around ten blokes (have 5 currently), then we can literally just do pack, dump in vehicles, run it over, drop off and run back in cycles and simply smash the whole joint in a day. I've got a trailer and a 3 tonne enclosed truck, but obviously the more the better. The new place is literally 6 minutes door to door, so not far away.

Payment made in food and drinks on the day, BBQ that afternoon at the new joint, and obviously favours owed for the future.

Soooo ...... anyone?? lol

New place is a bit a of man heaven also ... 2.5 acres, 163 metre driveway so concealed well and truly from the road, 2 sheds being 12x9 and 12x7.5, car hoist in place, over 200 square metres of flat concrete right out front of the sheds, and far enough from the house to be painful for the women to come out and ask questions!!! lmao

Thanks in advance lads and ladettes!!
take plenty of pictures you know we just love them cant weight to see the new place

AB
15th June 2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck with the move mate....I can't stand moving!!!!

Yep, pics of the new place would be great too!

DX grunt
15th June 2012, 09:20 AM
Scotty, you're a slow learner. lol

Mate, you should have left it for another 107 days (Qld Forum gathering), then they'd be lining up to help you. PML.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. lol Many of us know that moving house is a PITA.

Rossco

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 10:22 AM
Haha ... thanks lads ... I think?? lmao

nissannewby
15th June 2012, 01:28 PM
Good luck with it all its always exciting yet stressful when moving. House warming? Unfortunately we cant offer our help as myself and sharee are busy that weekend could have probably made a good dent having 3 utes and 2 car trailers between us. May have to send some beers your way for some use of that hoist though. Enjoy the weekend and have a beer for us :)

Dark 1
15th June 2012, 01:55 PM
We will be on the road that day but might be able to make it there later in the day.........for a beer! Lol good luck bro, new place a renter or owner.

Tapatalking my way around.

AB
15th June 2012, 02:09 PM
We will be on the road that day but might be able to make it there later in the day.........for a beer! Lol good luck bro, new place a renter or owner.

Just rock up at around 5:30pm when they're all done...lol

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 04:49 PM
Just rock up at around 5:30pm when they're all done...lol

Not likely!!! lmao

All good fella - would be great to catch up if you can - plenty of room to park the van and camp overnight as per pictures I'm about to post ..

Good luck with it all its always exciting yet stressful when moving. House warming? Unfortunately we cant offer our help as myself and sharee are busy that weekend could have probably made a good dent having 3 utes and 2 car trailers between us. May have to send some beers your way for some use of that hoist though. Enjoy the weekend and have a beer for us :)

Thanks fella .. beers and hoists .. ahhhh .. match made in heaven!! lol

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 05:02 PM
OK - couple of happy snaps of the house and property (and shed!!) ..

House from the front (at the end of 163m battle axe driveway) - smaller place, neat and tidy, but not large by any stretch.

Back yard (2.5 acres) looking back to house - fenceline about 20 metres behind where photo was taken ...

Entertainment area (the main feature of the house) - got a spa built in and a pizza oven as visible in the shots (they have a gas burner in it currently) ... nice!!! And yes, the pond is going - two walls cut out, remaiining two built up, and VOILA .. an outside bar area ...

Pool

The yard inside the pool fence ... good for locking up the hounds ...

And saving the best for last - the shed!!! 12x9m is the main one on the left - the one on the right is 12x7.5m and being the bottler he is, the bloke is leaving the sheeting/roller doors etc for it to be completed ... car hoist on the left of the main shed ... about 200 square metres of flat concrete in front of them, and a multi bay covered storage area behind them ...

AB
15th June 2012, 05:15 PM
That's awesome mate, love it.....When do I move in...LMAO!!!

growler2058
15th June 2012, 05:30 PM
Wow got your own mud hole/water crossing niiiiice

Tapp tillya Crap

nissannewby
15th June 2012, 06:22 PM
Wow.......

aussiemale
15th June 2012, 06:38 PM
Damn nice set up mate!! If I could I would help but 1. am in NZ, 2. MQ is in "project" stage and 3 there's no way in hell my wife would let me loose in QLD due to the last piss up I had there when I discharge from the army LOL

Winnie
15th June 2012, 06:42 PM
Bloody beautiful place mate, well done

Tappa tappa

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks lads!!

Soooo ... I've got 6 now, but 10 would be grand!!! lol

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 07:33 PM
Wow got your own mud hole/water crossing niiiiice

Tapp tillya Crap

That is correct - they drive their lifted hilux through it!!! No joke - about 4-5 foot deep in the middle with a wicked drop off on the other side ... and yes, I'm definitely putting a little test track in!!! lol

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2012, 08:26 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmm the new place is smaller than your current place?????? WTF!, u can fit my whole house in your shed FFS!!!!

Mate, if I was closer 2 QLD than I am, I would be there for sure 2 drink your beers................I mean help u move house.

And if my pay aloud me, I would fly up just 2 help u move, but my pay only covers....Tax man and Bill man, after them lot my pay is gone! :( greedy b!stards them lot are!!!

AB
15th June 2012, 08:41 PM
Scotty, thats not a canoe next to the pond is it...LMAO

Finly Owner
15th June 2012, 09:33 PM
Hey Mate,I am off that weekend count me in. It's the least I can do considering your offer to me.

Tim

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Hey Mate,I am off that weekend count me in. It's the least I can do considering your offer to me.

Tim

Champion!! Thanks boss ...

And that makes 7 ...

Dhuck
15th June 2012, 10:40 PM
Remember I am only a half, so that should bring it back to 6.5 lol

Bigrig
15th June 2012, 11:23 PM
Remember I am only a half, so that should bring it back to 6.5 lol

Two and a Half Men!!! Never a truer word spoken!! lmao

Dark 1
15th June 2012, 11:52 PM
So bud did you buy or is it a renter.

Bigrig
16th June 2012, 12:00 AM
So bud did you buy or is it a renter.

Bought mate ... rented since moving back from Sydney and can't stand not being able to do anything to the place ..

Clunk
16th June 2012, 05:14 AM
Place looks fantastic mate...... Wish I had a big back yard like that, maybe one day when I win the lotto and don't have to work!!!!!! LOL.

Dark 1
16th June 2012, 07:58 AM
Bought mate ... rented since moving back from Sydney and can't stand not being able to do anything to the place ..

Congrats then bud, great to see things going ahead for ya.

Maxhead
16th June 2012, 08:10 AM
WOW, what a palace....I think I might take a quick drive to Brissy for this BBQ...LOLOLOL

Bigrig
16th June 2012, 08:36 AM
WOW, what a palace....I think I might take a quick drive to Brissy for this BBQ...LOLOLOL

It's far from a palace mate, and I'm going to hold you to it for a BBQ!!! lmao

MQ MAD
16th June 2012, 11:16 AM
Congrats on the purchase, Scotty
Once you get some land under your feet,youll never ever venture to the burbs again

Cant help ,unfortunately, but ill have a beer at this end for ya.....

Bigrig
16th June 2012, 11:20 AM
Congrats on the purchase, Scotty
Once you get some land under your feet,youll never ever venture to the burbs again

Cant help ,unfortunately, but ill have a beer at this end for ya.....

Thanks mate - yep, had 4 acres before I went to Sydney about 5 years ago, so it'll be a welcome change going back to a larger block ...

MudDonk
16th June 2012, 12:13 PM
hey bloke im in will give ya a hand np let me know time to get to urs ect

Bigrig
16th June 2012, 12:34 PM
hey bloke im in will give ya a hand np let me know time to get to urs ect

Champion!!

Pm me your mobile mate, and I'll text through the details.

Dhuck
16th June 2012, 01:52 PM
Champion!!

Pm me your mobile mate, and I'll text through the details.

What about me mate? I don't know you, you could be an axe murderer for all I know. Or a short little plump man with obscene thoughts dribbling from what you may call a brain............hahahaha

Bigrig
16th June 2012, 02:18 PM
What about me mate? I don't know you, you could be an axe murderer for all I know. Or a short little plump man with obscene thoughts dribbling from what you may call a brain............hahahaha

See ... you do know me!! lol

You've already been 'nominated'!!! lmao

hekarewe
17th June 2012, 12:15 PM
i should be right to give you hand will see if i can aquire a truck from work no promises but (on the truck) but should be able to make it either way

Bigrig
17th June 2012, 12:41 PM
i should be right to give you hand will see if i can aquire a truck from work no promises but (on the truck) but should be able to make it either way

Thanks big fella - appreciated!!

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 01:14 PM
Should just organise a run and tell everyone the metting place is your joint when they all turn up tell em they gotta help you move all your stuff before you go wheeling and if its anything like our glasshouse trip i think you will be completely moved in about half an hour.

macca86
17th June 2012, 02:10 PM
GReat one the 30th give me an excuse to cancel my other engagement that day to help out! I would be thankful for it too as it is only the day of my wedding should save me ship loads in the future not turning up and out helping you move haha best of luck mate Nice house can't wait to come round next meet up.

LittleJohn
17th June 2012, 05:34 PM
Theres always fun things like this happening in other states .
Congratts Scotty on the new pad, would luv to been able to help ya...

Bigrig
17th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks lads - Macca, consider yourself officially uninvited!!! I'd love to have you there mind, but no way you're blaming me for intruding on the marriage on the very day it all starts!!!! lmao

Woof
17th June 2012, 09:09 PM
Hey Scotty, you know mate if I lived over there I would give you a hand for sure...........all the best with the move mate, looks to be a great place.

Bigrig
18th June 2012, 07:36 AM
Hey Scotty, you know mate if I lived over there I would give you a hand for sure...........all the best with the move mate, looks to be a great place.

Poor effort mate .. seriously ...

A 'real' mate would make the 4 day drive at their own expense to get here ..

Lmfao!!

Thanks fella - one of these days I'll get back to WA to have a beer with all those on here who have, let's say, "had good intentions"!! lol

I've got 9 now ... so should be ample .. 3 trailers, 1 x 3 tonne enclosed van, 1 x 3 tonne tray back, 10 blokes including me, and about 6 women to pack the 'fragile' stuff (as apparently us blokes are no good at it!! I'm ok with that personally!! lmao).

Thanks all ...

Once in and settled around mid to late July, I'll organise a working bee again (Finly's truck is first on the hoist!!) and a bit of a housewarming to test the place out!!

Woof
19th June 2012, 01:52 AM
Poor effort mate .. seriously ...

Lmfao!!

Thanks fella - one of these days I'll get back to WA to have a beer with all those on here who have, let's say, "had good intentions"!! lol

I've got 9 now ... so should be ample .. 3 trailers, 1 x 3 tonne enclosed van, 1 x 3 tonne tray back, 10 blokes including me, and about 6 women to pack the 'fragile' stuff (as apparently us blokes are no good at it!! I'm ok with that personally!! lmao).

Thanks all ...

Once in and settled around mid to late July, I'll organise a working bee again (Finly's truck is first on the hoist!!) and a bit of a housewarming to test the place out!!
I should be able to be there for that Scotty....LOL

DX grunt
19th June 2012, 08:46 AM

If you had of put the words 'Free beer' in bigger font, brighter colours and flashing text, I would have reconsidered. PML

Very poor marketing strategy, Scotty...... but..... at the end of the day, you got your numbers. Well done everybody. lol

taslucas
19th June 2012, 01:24 PM
Hey mate, I'll be there for sure!

In spirit........

Or should I say spirits!!
Lmao. Hope it all goes smoothly:)

Tap, crackle, pop

macca86
19th June 2012, 05:05 PM
After drowing the patrol I may not be required at the wedding and may be able to help out haha the missus is pissed!

Ben-e-boy
24th June 2012, 08:08 PM
I'm be a yours at 9 am. ish

Finly Owner
24th June 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm bringing Swag.

Tim

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 07:54 AM
Top stuff lads!!

So far:

Me
Ryan
Dhuck
Tim
Benny
Rodney
Hempo
Steve
Miersy

Tom (mate of mine) had to pull out for some lame excuse - apparently got rushed to hospital yesterday morning for emergency surgery on a blood clot in his shoulder!! Stress of the move must've been too much to handle!! lol

9 blokes, 3 trailers and 2 x 3 tonne trucks ... we'll smash it ...

Hopefully Kelvin makes it to Brissy in time for a beer in the afternoon.

Million thanks up front lads!!! Greatly appreciate it and once again goes to show what this place is about!!

Dhuck
25th June 2012, 06:33 PM
Sorry mate have to pull out. I have glass in my hand and every time i remove it, more glass gets stuck. Thank god I am not cut from it.:beer::beer::beer:

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry mate have to pull out. I have glass in my hand and every time i remove it, more glass gets stuck. Thank god I am not cut from it.:beer::beer::beer:

hmmmm ... I see ...

Best that glass be gone by Saturday morning, replaced with a steering wheel (with the rest of the car around it going vroom, vroom) ... I'll replace that steering wheel with a cold can once your job is done!!! lmao

Dhuck
25th June 2012, 07:48 PM
I suppose a can in my hand could suffice. lol

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 09:04 PM
I suppose a can in my hand could suffice. lol

One at a time of course!! lmao

Bigrig
5th July 2012, 09:17 AM
Well, sorry for the delay in getting a response up, but no Internet yet and hardly any phone service, so I'm posting up whilst I have a connection (off the phone!).

The HUGEST of thanks to all involved last weekend - it was a mammoth effort and made nearly enjoyable by the willing hands on the day ... nearly enjoyable I said!!! lmao

So to:

Tim
Rodney
Benny
Chris
Ryan
Adrian
Dave
Steve
Brett

my sincerest thanks to you all - it would have been a dead set nightmare without your precision stacking (only broken item was a light in the new house ... and I did that!! lol), your positive attitudes, and your willingness to get amongst it for a mate. I was humbled ... a few boys thought better of driving (good thinking) and camped the night and no doubt it'll be an awesome setup for our next BBQ meet - getting a spit made up out of pressed stainless so I'll be sure to have one soon.

Still getting there with the unpacking, but you'll be pleased to know the shed is just about done (talk about priorities!!! Missus is stoked with that one!!! lmao), and ready to roll for the 28th work shop meet up - went and picked up the compressor, pipe bender, 2800psi pressure hose, parts cleaner, and some other odds and sods yesterday, and it's shaping to be the man cave I've always dreamed of!!!

Again, my thanks to all involved and I'm indebted to you all ...

Finly Owner
5th July 2012, 10:28 PM
Well, I to have been a bit slack. I want to thank you and Sandra, for the hosptitality, food and many beers. I had a ball believe it or not. Felt good giving a great couple a hand. Hows's the bed?

Can't wait to see the mancave set up.

And I also appreciate the advice from both of you, and am using it.

I'd also like tothank all the helpers, as we all worked as equals,and that is a hard thing to find these days. and wasn't the Brekky Chef a true champion........

And congradulations to the women, those rooms were like they had been set up for a week at least, not just a short afternoon. Well done.

Tim