PDA

View Full Version : gu central locking and power windows

rguid1
11th June 2012, 01:03 PM
Stepping out of a 2010 commodore ute with all the comforts into a standard 04 4.2Tdi DX ute, took it for a test drive and didnt know what the rotating levers on the door panels were for..and no button to put the windows down?? =p

so question is, if i was to buy two front doors off a wrecked GU ST wagon or ute and bolt up would it be much of a job to get central locking and power windows going? what else woud i need?

or would i be best off fitting up aftermarket setup?

Thanks in advance

Yendor
11th June 2012, 09:41 PM
I doubt if the cab will already have the wiring run for the central locking and electric windows. So you will more then likely have to run wires to your doors.

Personally I haven't seen an aftermarket electric window kit that I would bother fitting to my vehicle. You would be much better off with the genuine setup.

The genuine central locking system runs through a smart entrance control unit that I don't think your vehicle will have, so it will probably be easier to get an after market central locking/keyless entry system fitted.

If you do purchase second hand doors from a wagon, it will also have the electric windows switches for the rear doors in the drivers door switches.

Hope that helps.

rguid1
13th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks Yendor,
Thought i would be too lucky for it to be ready to go... not to bother aftermarket it is. Also done alot of reading on this forum on cruise control, more than likely taking the Autotron option.

Found these power windows on evilbay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-POWER-WINDOWS-FITS-ALL-CARS-VANS-2-DOOR-/350358165997?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5192f959ed
cheap enough, reliability... unknown... thinking i will get original switches from a wreckers and wire them into aftermarket kit, get armrest and all if possible, save chopping mine up.