PDA

View Full Version : Simpson Pack GPS Question

vfamily
10th June 2012, 04:41 PM
Hi I have justed picked up a new SimpsonPack patrol but cannot work out if the GPS has the Hema maps.
If a fellow Simpson Pack owner could shed some light on the hema maps that would be great

Cheers

Maxhead
10th June 2012, 04:56 PM
Hi I have justed picked up a new SimpsonPack patrol but cannot work out if the GPS has the Hema maps.
If a fellow Simpson Pack owner could shed some light on the hema maps that would be great

Cheers

Yeah, it definitely should come with HEMA maps. Not sure how the system works , if they are preloaded or come on SD card...
I usually press all the buttons till I find it and if not then it's too hard to use...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry, hope someone helps you out shortly.

vfamily
10th June 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks nisshead yeah been though the button pushing exercise with no luck, manual was no help either im sure the one i test drove had them as I remeber it have topo type layout on the map, but mayber that was too many beers ago

Cheers

jack
11th June 2012, 08:01 PM
I've just taken delivery of mine and it's got me stumped as well. Looks like I'll have to ask the dealer at the 1000k service unless someone knows the answer.

Cheers

vfamily
13th June 2012, 06:53 PM
Hi Apollofish I asked the dealer this afternoon about the hema maps he is looking into it and will get back to me

saa3011
15th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Hi vfamily,

You might need to plug in the name of a destination/track into the satnav. I believe the Simpson pack has "Hema Tracks" - which is an add-on to other satnavs, not OziExplorer which is the 4wd mapping that contains the Hema maps in their satnavs.

I haven't looked into it in detail, but plugging in a destination like "Simpson Desert" or "Hay River Track" may help.

Let us know if it works, and if the tracks are just overlayed on the standard display.

Cheers

vfamily
18th June 2012, 10:13 AM
This is the responce from the nissan dealer cheers all

"Hi again simon this is an extract from technical ---HEMA Tracks is integrated into the existing satellite navigation mapping data and is essentially an extension of the “on road” maps. It is not selectable from a menu button and will only be seen when travelling off-road. Over 60,000 kms of 4WD Tracks have been included into the existing maps to ensure that customers can navigate from A to B off road, roads/tracks that would normally not appear on conventional mapping systems. Additionally, the inbuilt HEMA Tracks provides Point of Interest (POI) information not normally available such as camping grounds, mines, service stations etc. Please note HEMA Tracks is a “vector” display (flat) and does not display topographical maps."