PDA

View Full Version : Spotties

chubb1
9th June 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi guys i have a gq patrol TB42 i currently have 2 cheap quality very dim spotties on my bullbar not to mention there a ugly yellow colour light but want to go bigger an brighter an something i can adjust will the standard alternator hold up or would i have to upgrade it? or is there a certain watt spottie i can go before needing to upgrade the alternator? cheers

04OFF
10th June 2012, 10:32 AM
If your standard Battery and Charging system is all in good condition, you will have no problem running 1 pair of almost any of the most common spot lights on the market.

Make sure they are run through a Relay or/and use the proper wire kit that is available with whatever brand you go for.

If you use spotties while stationary, make sure you leave the engine running to avoid a flat Battery.

In most case to be legal, your spot lights need to turn off automatically when you dip your high beam, and also have a seperate switch to keep them off.

Hope this helps:smile:

megatexture
10th June 2012, 05:40 PM
If its just for when your driving not a problem but if winching and useing spots may be worthwhile looking at installing a volt metre just so you can keep an eye on it to avoid getting stranded with a flat battery

Finly Owner
12th June 2012, 11:39 PM
I would keep the yellows as fogs though.

Tim

Robo
13th June 2012, 02:11 AM
Had the same problem, was already wired correctly so.
Simply bought HID kit ebay cheap as chips and installed into existing spotties.
mine are 55w 5500k H3 hid , now daylight.
"actually 6000k is more like daylight colour".
that easy.
cheers

45/70
15th June 2012, 12:45 PM
Hi guys i have a gq patrol TB42 i currently have 2 cheap quality very dim spotties on my bullbar not to mention there a ugly yellow colour light but want to go bigger an brighter an something i can adjust will the standard alternator hold up or would i have to upgrade it? or is there a certain watt spottie i can go before needing to upgrade the alternator? cheers

Howdy chubb1.
just jump on ebay and get yourself a set of these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=narva+bull+lamps&_sacat=See-All-Ca

And a set of these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/H1-HID-KIT-DRIVING-LIGHT-UPGRADE-55w-HELLA-NARVA-SPOT-/251083498620?pt=AU_Ca

And you will be able to light up the road as far as you can see for minimal$$$ and they will have less drag on your electrical's than your chitty yellow jobbie's.

chubb1
3rd July 2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated

threedogs
3rd July 2012, 05:36 PM
If you're able to convert your driving lights go for the slimline ballsts, you'll have a better chance of fitting them in. 6000k is the go any higher and they start turning blue, then pick what size 35,,,55,,,75,,,or100 watts, awesome light