PDA

View Full Version : TB45 Turbo vacuum line setup Help

JuzGU
9th June 2012, 03:23 PM
I am in the process of setting up the turbo on my tb45 but am not sure of where to run some of the following vacuum lines from;
Boost gauge vacuum hose ( not sure where on manifold to tap in to or elsewhere)
Blow off valve vacuum line ( dont know which hose to put a tee piece in or where to tap into the manifold)

The pic below shows how it will all be setup on the motor apart from the vac lines

Does anyone have a photo of their setup or a diagram that might help

thanks

nissannewby
9th June 2012, 03:39 PM
Boost gauge vacuum hose? If your talking about your line to your boost gauge this needs to go in between your turbo and intake manifold, if you are running an intercooler on the cold side of it. Closer to your intake manifold the better.

JuzGU
9th June 2012, 04:52 PM
Boost gauge vacuum hose? If your talking about your line to your boost gauge this needs to go in between your turbo and intake manifold, if you are running an intercooler on the cold side of it. Closer to your intake manifold the better.
Yeah thats what i meant, i am thinking of welding a 4mm pipe to the ic piping just after the bov piping and before the throttle body then running the boost gauge off this
I wsnt sure if the boost pressure had to be from before the throttle body or from inside the manifold

Neesmo31
14th June 2012, 07:57 AM
Run your boost gauge fitting actually into the manifold itself. That will give you more of an idea on what the engine is actually running. If you put it before the TB, when you button off, (before the BOV opens) you will see spiking in the needle etc. You want to tap into the manifold. BOV should be in the manifold too, you can run your WG line off before your TB though.

JuzGU
18th June 2012, 05:15 PM
thanks neesmo31,
new motor just arrived today so will put the taps in the manifold to suit