PDA

View Full Version : Hi... long time lurker about to shell out the $$$

DSzuke
9th June 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi guys,

I've lurked a while now researching what to buy.

I have gone from Jeeps to Prados to dual-cab utes and back a dozen times but have now made up my mind on a Patrol :icon_victory:

So now I'll have to say hi, grab some advice, buy one and start a build thread :Yahoo!:

My first quick question (if I may post this in the intro thread).

I've been looking at later models from 2008 onwards but I've come across a 2007 Ti with very low kms and in great condition. I've only cast a quick eye over it and haven't looked under the bonnet yet.

The dealer says its a CRD one. The build date is 07/07 so I think it should be. Can anyone confirm that? I've done my head in searching the net to find out the exact date for the change from the Di.

The ad also lists Diff Locks in the specs. As I haven't researched the Ti models (I thought I'd not have the funds) is it possible this model will have a factory rear locker?

You guys have a great site here and the vibe is a nice change form most of the other forums I have been trolling for the last year.

I'm looking forward to contributing when I get a car sorted :cool:

GUtsy ute
9th June 2012, 06:13 PM
Welcome DS,
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question but hopefully someone
will be able to tell you soon.
Plenty of info here and people willing to share it.
Where abouts are you situated?
Put up a few pics of your rig when you get it, we like pics on here.

cheers Gavin

Bigrig
9th June 2012, 06:37 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Not sure on the CRD question mate, but Ti's came out with lockers - someone may be able to confirm they were front and rear, but they definitely came with at least one I believe.

Enjoy!!

growler2058
9th June 2012, 06:59 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

DSzuke
9th June 2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

GUtsy ute... I'm down in Orange NSW

I've been on the net all afternoon and confirmed via the VIN that it is definitely a CRD. (The 5th letter is and "E" for CRD and an "F" for the Di)

I still don't have an answer for the diff locks. Some spec sheets list the Limited Slip Diff as well as the lockers which is obviously not possible!?
I'll need to have a good look at it and see if I can find a switch somewhere. I know where it is on the GU8 and presume it will be in the same spot.

Thanks again guys.

aussiemale
9th June 2012, 08:41 PM
Welcome DS,
We are a tolerant bunch here and accept one and all....even GQ owners!!
I'm lucky enough to be owned by a MQ AND a MK however I'm in the middle of a messy separation of the two (Bryan's MQ/MK build). Hopefully I'll come out reasonably unscathed.
Can't help you with your CRD and difflock questions as am struggling with trying to work out what thingies and whatchamacallits are.

Bryan

Maxhead
10th June 2012, 05:04 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
10th June 2012, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Alben
11th June 2012, 12:15 AM
welcome to the forum. Maybe someone in the other threads might have an answer for you if they dont look for the question in the intro section.

DSzuke
11th June 2012, 03:28 AM
Thanks Alben, I'll post it up there :)

AB
11th June 2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Finly Owner
12th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Hi and welcome To Nissans Nut House DSzuke

Tim

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2012, 07:02 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.