PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Ship

molongmick
9th June 2012, 11:22 AM
It's come to a time in my life when I have to say farewell.

It has been great knowing you all, but I feel that the Tug known as 'HECTOR' has let us down a bit too much and we have decided to part ways.

The Patrol was fun while it lasted, but the cost of feeding and looking after the beast was getting a bit too much, with a bad drinking habit (between 14 and 20l/100km) and a somewhat lazy attitude when it came to doing work, (towing the van).

So it is a sad farewell to Hector. May you find a happier home somewhere else.

As the new tug won't be a patrol I am not sure that I will still fit in with this great group of people.

I have ordered a BT50 poverty pack, but specking it up with lots of goodies.

Take care all

the ferret
9th June 2012, 11:26 AM
And we were just beginning ta like ya lol.
All the best mate, take care.
Cheers, the ferret.

Sir Roofy
9th June 2012, 11:41 AM
dont feel bad mate there,s quite a few jumping ship
take care out there and keep in touch

Dhuck
9th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Always welcome to stay mate. We won't hold your downfall against you. Stay safe and have fun.

growler2058
9th June 2012, 12:36 PM
Nah hang around mate...........at least we can have someone to practice our recovery techniques on hahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Woof
9th June 2012, 12:39 PM
You are one of us Mick, so please stay with us.

NissanGQ4.2
9th June 2012, 01:11 PM
Mick, even though you may not own a Patrol anymore, your more than welcome 2 jump in and say hi, I'm sure you will fit in :)

No great loss on getting rid of the GU, but I do think you should of bought a GQ rather than a BT50 *L*

Stay safe, enjoy life and don't be a stranger

Cheers

Todd

molongmick
9th June 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Guys, the only thing that will limit me will be ground clearnce, but I still intend to get out there, who knows, may I'll convert some of you. lol.

Couldn't go past the 470nm of torqueand the 147kw of power, plus a difflock and hill descents standard.

But it was the storage and fuel economy that made me look this way.

I will still drop in, can't leave my baby "Thought of the Day", it has such a huge response.

Maxhead
9th June 2012, 01:30 PM
You finally done it mate......hope it works out for ya. Don't forget the legendary Patrol Mick...
We'll catch up on the Expanda forum.....

oncedisturbed
9th June 2012, 02:05 PM
I had the 2007 SDX BT50 prior to the troll I have now. Good rig, only downside was it had cv's. I understand the new series has the wishbone set up which should prove to be quite better offroad.

AB
11th June 2012, 07:52 AM
Best of luck with it mate and feel free to jump back on from time to time mate!!!

molongmick
22nd August 2012, 07:38 PM
Hi all, thought I would put up some pictures of the new truck.

Bigrig
22nd August 2012, 07:41 PM
Hi all, thought I would put up some pictures of the new truck.

They're a nice looking rig truth be told ...

That's all I have to say though ... lmao!!!

Sorry to see you part company with the troll mate and here's hoping to happy and safe travelling ahead in your new ride ...

DX grunt
22nd August 2012, 07:44 PM
Nice truck.

As said in my PM..... You're more than welcome at my campfire, anytime.

Take care and enjoy your pride and joy.

Rossco

NissanGQ4.2
22nd August 2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome back Mick, good 2 see you drop in

A big hello from me

Looks nice for a Mazda................Any future plans for and mods???

Cheers

Toddie

molongmick
22nd August 2012, 07:49 PM
Still waiting on the bar to arrive, it has not yet officially been released, should be in the next two to three weeks though.

Woof
23rd August 2012, 02:20 AM
Looks great Mick, enjoy it mate and don't forget the photos.

Silver
23rd August 2012, 03:34 AM
Nice Looker, Mick. Flash rims too! Even la2y me would be motivated to keep the brake dust off them, very nice.

macca86
23rd August 2012, 07:32 AM
Here's hoping you don't get the head issues those motors are prone too. Best of luck we'd still let you come play with us haha gotta love a new car

Maxhead
23rd August 2012, 08:15 AM
Hey Mick, how's it pull the expanda compared to the Troll mate?

..........on the move

molongmick
23rd August 2012, 08:29 AM
Hey Mick, how's it pull the expanda compared to the Troll mate?

..........on the move

Sorry to say this, but the BT is lethal compared to the Patrol, sure the patrol could pull the van, but this just seems to pull and then it wants to pull some more.
In a way, a much better tow vehicle, I just hope that it will be as good when I want to play hard with it.

I do sort of miss the troll, but don't regret the move.

Ben-e-boy
23rd August 2012, 08:49 AM
we have one of them at work, as well as a current model triton and hilux, I think its the pic of the bunch to be honest.