PDA

View Full Version : GQ engine rebuild/replacement for RB30

Micktroll
8th June 2012, 09:20 PM
Any ideas of how much an engine reco/rebuild or replacement cost?? Cheers

97_gq_lwb
10th June 2012, 08:41 AM
If it were me i would use an rb30 from vl or skyline with efi and turbo it i have seen good running engines on ebay from as little as $50.
If you get the one they call a series 2 it has the bungs in the block for the turbo lines etc and then you can use the stock ecu and just fit an eprom programmed with the factory turbo tune into it.

Or another option is the rb25 rb26 route they have come down in price a lot lately.

Micktroll
10th June 2012, 04:33 PM
awesome :D that sounds good... i like the skyline/vl turbo option...

any rough idea in cost say if my current engine sh** itself and i go down either path a rough idea of costs involved in sending it in and getting it done.??

Is it like $5000 or $10,000 or ????

Cheers

GQ TANK
11th June 2012, 11:33 PM
I got a rb30 vl motor from the wreckers for $350 - just be wary of the exhasut manifold bolts sheared off

Micktroll
12th June 2012, 10:38 AM
thanks for the reply... did you do all the work yourself?? or sent it in to get done. i dont think id be able to do it myself. i plan on getting another RB30 turbo engine....clean it all up so its reliable then swap the motor with mine i got now and when/if the turbo engine shits itself ive got a spare ready to go untill the turbo engine is fixed :) wanna eventually get 35-37s under the car