PDA

View Full Version : Big enough now to start a member network

Finly Owner
7th June 2012, 10:31 PM
I was thinking about how we might be able to help each other out with cheaper parts for our Patrols. Especially those of us whom are building Budget Rigs. There are quite a few parts available through members here. All we need is transport networking.

Payment for parts can be dealt with privately through bank deposits etc. And of course if needed I'm sure members would be happy to pay a small fee for the opprtunity to use such a service.

So do we have any Owner/Driver Truckies, Interstate Couriers. Or any one in logistics that may be able to wrangle a forum deal.

I am thinking mostly for things like, Wheels, Bullbars, Winches, Panels, and maybe Diffs, Motors, Gearboxes if they can be handled b anyone.

Tim
Could this be stickied as to stir some interest hopefully?

taslucas
8th June 2012, 07:51 AM
I would be really interested if someone could get a bullbar down to me. Keep seeing good ones pop up but they're always up on the big island and say "pick up only". Damn Bass straight!! lol

gowalkabout.com.au
8th June 2012, 06:39 PM
Good idea. works on other forums.
taslucas I may be able to help you out as im heading up to the big island, coming back on the night sail of the 27th august if you find something in melbourne i could strap it to the roof or on top of the camper and you can meet me at the spirit to pick up. I know its a bit away but the offers there if you want it.

NissanGQ4.2
8th June 2012, 07:30 PM
Stuck for you in General Chat for the time been Tim, a lot of sticky's in general chat @ the moment and probable needs cleaning sorting out.

Great idea you have here.

NissanGQ4.2
8th June 2012, 07:34 PM
I would be really interested if someone could get a bullbar down to me. Keep seeing good ones pop up but they're always up on the big island and say "pick up only". Damn Bass straight!! lol

I assume you are referring to ebay or gum tree and the only problem with that is, even if you could arrange transport with a courier / TPT company, you rely on the other end to help, and it doesn't always work out that way.

Richo460
8th June 2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah very good idea. If anyone does trips from brisbane to cairns i would also be interested. Freight is ridiculous.

Sir Roofy
8th June 2012, 09:28 PM
is a really good idea but need to work out a net work of members or a grid

taslucas
9th June 2012, 01:47 PM
Good idea. works on other forums.
taslucas I may be able to help you out as im heading up to the big island, coming back on the night sail of the 27th august if you find something in melbourne i could strap it to the roof or on top of the camper and you can meet me at the spirit to pick up. I know its a bit away but the offers there if you want it.

Thanks heaps for the offer mate. I will keep it in mind and keep looking for a good bar.

Finly Owner
12th June 2012, 11:50 PM
That's sort of the way I was a thinkin"

Tim

aussiemale
15th June 2012, 06:51 PM
One of the local forums in NZ has a ORE service (Off Road Express) and when someone wants something transported puts a post up, of what/where the goods are to where it's to go. Mainly between members and sometimes it goes through 4 different people. No funds (beer maybe) is exchanged as everyone may need something so everyone helps out just in case one day they need something. There's a couple of guys over here that we know do certain runs and they prob have more beer than the local LOL

threedogs
6th July 2012, 09:29 AM
Has anyone approached Nissan for a Forum member discount card, say 10%. as ex TLCCV they had one with a toyo outlet. Also had a fuel discount card with BP I think.

Finly Owner
6th July 2012, 10:28 PM
One of the local forums in NZ has a ORE service (Off Road Express) and when someone wants something transported puts a post up, of what/where the goods are to where it's to go. Mainly between members and sometimes it goes through 4 different people. No funds (beer maybe) is exchanged as everyone may need something so everyone helps out just in case one day they need something. There's a couple of guys over here that we know do certain runs and they prob have more beer than the local LOL
This is exactly what I would liketo see happen.

Tim

Finly Owner
6th July 2012, 10:29 PM
Has anyone approached Nissan for a Forum member discount card, say 10%. as ex TLCCV they had one with a toyo outlet. Also had a fuel discount card with BP I think.
Sounds like you just volunteered...........hahhahahahahahahah!

Tim

oncedisturbed
7th July 2012, 01:09 AM
oooowww discount card :) is there a "LIKE" button

MC97GQ
7th July 2012, 04:06 AM
Don't get me wrong guys, I love the idea,

But don't forget the little guys in this, People like Garry from Nizzbits(as an example and I am sure there are many others) have been very good to members of this forum. I would hate to see our smaller sponsors/retailers left out in the cold if you could organise a group discount through Nissan.

But having said that, maybe Tyre Retailers, 4x4 Accessory Sellers etc. may be worth approaching to get a group discount.

I love the concept, and with the amount of members on this forum it should not be unrealistic to be able to approach a few chain stores and use our combined potential buying power. Also with the way we travel now, we should be able to move parts or other items across the country to save exorbitant courier costs and help out forum members.

Good luck with it guys

Mark

Finly Owner
7th July 2012, 09:11 PM
Don't get me wrong guys, I love the idea,

But don't forget the little guys in this, People like Garry from Nizzbits(as an example and I am sure there are many others) have been very good to members of this forum. I would hate to see our smaller sponsors/retailers left out in the cold if you could organise a group discount through Nissan.

But having said that, maybe Tyre Retailers, 4x4 Accessory Sellers etc. may be worth approaching to get a group discount.

I love the concept, and with the amount of members on this forum it should not be unrealistic to be able to approach a few chain stores and use our combined potential buying power. Also with the way we travel now, we should be able to move parts or other items across the country to save exorbitant courier costs and help out forum members.

Good luck with it guys

Mark
G'day Mark, I would not expect or thnk that members would stop using Patrol a part, Nissbits etc. Just getting a discount from Nissan would be another supplier option.

With My QNPC membership I already get Nissan Disc, but still don't buy from there as what I needis still too expensive fro them.

Tim

MQ MAD
16th August 2012, 10:17 AM
An in house network of parts freight amongst members sounds fantastic
Some members have the bits we need for budget builds but the distance to pick them up sometimes costs alot more than the parts themselves
So sure im all for that

Mark me down for the south burnett area (Kingaroy area all the way down to brissie northside) for freight service, room permiting,but i frequent there often so not this trip, the next no issues here
As for NEW parts well is that what the post was about ???

Finly Owner
16th August 2012, 10:56 PM
The post was about a network of getting anything to anywhere between members. Creating a trusted circle of Mate throughout the country.

Tim

nissannewby
16th August 2012, 11:03 PM
I fly between brissy and mackay once a week and can take 35kg of baggage (joys of frequent flying) so I could courier items this way.

pjhsv
16th February 2016, 04:31 PM
Is anyone using this service?

If you are a regular traveller between certain areas, post it up here - I'm more than happy to build a network map of members who can help, and frequency of their trips etc.