PDA

View Full Version : Radio Antenna Motor stuffed

Antznz
6th June 2012, 11:04 PM
Hi there experts. There's a few threads out there with this topic but for the life of me I can't find any information on how to remove the thing easily. I have a 1990 GQ SWB. The antenna motor draws power when the button is depressed so i'm guessing that the mast is broken at the connection point. As a result the reception is tukka. Also is the easiest way to get it through the left hand wheel arch? (maybe a silly question...sorry)

Bad-Trol
6th June 2012, 11:17 PM
Hey mate, really not sure about your year, but mine was pulled out through the left hand wheel arch, the top has to be unscrewed from the top tho.

I ripped 2 off out bush before I gave up entirely and mounted a flexible one on the bullbar.

Hope that helps a bit

Antznz
7th June 2012, 07:50 AM
Thanks for that. Mine is 1990 SWB, so I think your on the money with taking it out via the wheel arch...a nice job for today. do the flexies get good reception?

Bad-Trol
7th June 2012, 09:13 AM
Not particularly great, but I bought a cheapie because I don't use the radio much. Do a bit of research, I'm sure there are great ones out there.

BillsGU
7th June 2012, 06:20 PM
Try this thread:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3005-Power-Antennas&p=141640#post141640

Antznz
7th June 2012, 07:08 PM
Nice one... Just replaced the batteries and gave the antenna a good whack at the same time. It now goes up halfway so I think its just the mast thats shagged. Off to super cheap tomorrow for a new mast... apparently thats an easy fix..