PDA

View Full Version : Outback drawers and cargo barrier measurements GU

Rip'n'Shred
6th June 2012, 02:44 PM
I am looking at buying a set of Outback Interiors drawers and 1/2 cargo barrier for my GU but I want to also install a water tank between drawers and seats. I am looking into some poly tanks that taper in as the go up.

Is there anyone with this setup who could take some measurements of the gap and even some pics would be great. Or even just the overall length of the drawers as I cannot find this info on the web.

Thanks in advance. :)

TimE
6th June 2012, 02:55 PM
Check out these guys (http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/pricelist_patrol_gu.html), they have all that you mention detailed on their website, and probably much cheaper.

I have had their drawers for more than 4 years, traveled around 50,000 ks (including the CSR) without any issues, no rattles squeaks or problems opening and closing the drawers.

Usual disclaimer that I have no interest in the company, just a satisfied customer.

Rip'n'Shred
6th June 2012, 03:36 PM
I have been also looking into their systems. I like the stainless water tank, but poly are so much cheaper. Mmmmm decisions. I think I like the outback drawers more though.

oncedisturbed
6th June 2012, 04:55 PM
I have the outback system in my gu, they are great, never thought about a water tank but when it not peeing down i can do a rough sizing for u

MudRunnerTD
6th June 2012, 06:07 PM
Plas has an upright tapered water tank in front of his cargo barrier behind the back seat. Looks sweet. As long as the drawers are the same length and end where the cargo barrier would be then the tank will go straight in.

I am just about to buy a 100lt water bladder for the floor in the back for my Madigan line trip. $110 off eBay will sort it out. The poly tank would be nice though ;)

Rip'n'Shred
7th June 2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks sure the replies guys, much appreciated.

I'll see what I can find from plas.

Thirsty
8th June 2012, 06:46 PM
945mm deep on draws, not sure on the cargo barrier though.
Cheers
Troy