PDA

View Full Version : GU8 recall

gowalkabout.com.au
6th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Droped of the patrol to Nissan today and was told the instrument cluster needs to be replaced due to the sub tank gauge not reading correctly. So as there seem to be a few of us here with the new rig I'm just letting you all know

Blacklotusdog
6th June 2012, 02:30 PM
Hey mate,

Thanks for the heads up, neither my sub or main tank gauge seems to read correctly.

scotty83
6th June 2012, 02:51 PM
good to see they are onto it quickly..

gregs
7th June 2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks offroadmafia, I will get a hold of our local dealer here and see what they have to say, I won't hold my breath as they stuffed up getting my replacement radio before I sold it, still didn't order it after nearly 2 months.

teach
7th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Got my 40K service next week. Interesting to see if they mention it. I have never really thought my fuel tank gauges read that well.

Maxhead
7th June 2012, 07:42 PM
Haven,t really noticed as I go by the bully dog monitor but hopefully get the letter soon and get it sorted.
Thanks for the info mate.

Waka
7th June 2012, 08:41 PM
I had my cluster replaced last week! since day one neither fuel gauges would read as full despite having a full tank. I thought it was a one off, otherwise i would have mentioned it on this forum. Good part is they dropped 4,000 kays off my odometer.

Waka

Garry52
8th June 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the warning. Will check it out when we pick ours up next week.

gowalkabout.com.au
8th June 2012, 05:13 PM
Good part is they dropped 4,000 kays off my odometer.

Waka

Yep I dropped the same :)

Maxhead
8th June 2012, 06:12 PM
Good part is they dropped 4,000 kays off my odometer.

Waka

Hahahah, I'be down to about 0 km's......I've been driving a spare work car for a while so the Troll has been sitting
there waiting for me to drive it ...and hopefully in the rain to wash it...:)

vfamily
10th June 2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks I just picked mine up I will mention it at the 1k check up

Cheers

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2012, 10:00 PM
I reckon mines out the other way, cos when I fill up it reads way past full on both gauges.
I get to roughly 100km and I reach the full mark and my empty fuel light comes on about half way between quarter and empty