PDA

View Full Version : Partial Lunar Eclipse (on now)

04OFF
4th June 2012, 10:15 PM
partial lunar eclipse is happening now if you didnt know ! :fish:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/partialeclipseLarge.jpg

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:22 PM
Damn cloud cover...... cheers for the piccie though mate

AB
4th June 2012, 10:25 PM
Arrr....Thanks for reminding me!

Tomorrow is the day when Venus crosses infront of the Sun and you'll see a large black dot infront of the sun.

This won't happen again for another 104 years I think so check it out...I'm not sure when exactly tomorrow it is though...LMAO

growler2058
4th June 2012, 10:26 PM
Pi55in down here cant see a thing, but i can save your pic Steveo cheers

taslucas
4th June 2012, 10:30 PM
I saw that when i was opening the gate tonight. I couldnt tell if it was a cloud or not. but have been watching it and figured it must be a slight eclipse. Geez it looks cool from here:)

LittleJohn
4th June 2012, 10:32 PM

Tomorrow is the day when Venus crosses infront of the Sun and you'll see a large black dot infront of the sun.

This won't happen again for another 104 years I think so check it out...I'm not sure when exactly tomorrow it is though...LMAO

yep...... sure looks like i wanna see this one !! must do more internet search.

Winnie
4th June 2012, 10:39 PM

I thought it was Wednesday?

Tappa tappa

AB
4th June 2012, 10:42 PM
I thought it was Wednesday?

Tappa tappa

I'll just stair at the sun between sunlight tomorrow and Friday...LMAO

LittleJohn
4th June 2012, 10:43 PM
if you do that, then the forum will always be white , bro !!

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:55 PM
if you do that, then the forum will always be white , bro !!

Or would it be black?

Taps a lot!!!!!!

Silver
5th June 2012, 12:09 AM
Local ABC radio was interviewing an astronomer about looking at the sun. What surprised me was that the astronomer said that there are no pain receptors in the eyes that pick up the damage caused by the sun - and then it is all too late.

He suggested indirect methods, including going to a local observatory, or, facing away from the sun, hold a pair of binos with the big lens end facing the sun, while projecting the image from the binos onto a piece of paper etc.

As LittleJohn's post above shows, there's always the net.

I don't think it will be a big black spot - something about 3% of the diameter of the sun.

LittleJohn
5th June 2012, 07:23 AM
Or would it be black?

Taps a lot!!!!!!

Actually. i think we're both being racist,

lets just say he'll see rainbow , .... dammmm now thats discrimination against gay's.

ok then....
... He'll lose his eyeballs !! ... (much safer !)

04OFF
5th June 2012, 09:15 AM
Yeh, not good for eyes or cameras to be pointed at the sun :)

LittleJohn
5th June 2012, 05:39 PM
http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Technology/2012/06/05/Venus_transit_lures_sell-out_crowd_757693.html

when and where link for us !!

taslucas
5th June 2012, 07:49 PM
The full moon is looking great here tonight. I live on top of a hill with nearly 360 degrees view over awesome untamed, unowned, unadulterated virgin forests! The closest town is 25 k's away with a population of 3000.... No smog. The beautifuly white crystal light of the full moon is spreading over the endless kilometres of tree tops on this crisp clear night.............

LittleJohn
6th June 2012, 08:57 PM
thats romantic, makes me wanna shave my back ! LOL's...

seriously.. you're a lucky bugger, and you just enjoyed rubbing it in , hey??

taslucas
7th June 2012, 08:07 AM
thats romantic, makes me wanna shave my back ! LOL's...

seriously.. you're a lucky bugger, and you just enjoyed rubbing it in , hey??

yep, and yep! lol ..........................(and no on the back shaving hahahaha wax is smoother!!)