PDA

View Full Version : Clutch.

Brina
4th June 2012, 02:03 AM
Just had a clutch replaced, along with the DMF on my '99 GU, 5sp manual, 3.0l. After a 3+ hrs trip on autoroute, it seems the clutch pedal can't be pressed far enough to allow the clutch to engage. So i can't put her in gear.
Backstory:
i live in Tunisia, my buddy had this truck and left the country. Leaving it with me. He was looking for a solution to a shortage of DMFs in the country. That problem was solved last week. It's clock says 233k and she's on her 2nd engine (2nd hand). i've got little to no prior knowledge for Patrols, but was impressed when i crawled underneath her yesterday. The engine runs well (cool), turbo has power, but it was obvious the clutch needed some work. Had it replaced...seemed to be fine, now it's not? I'm 3 hrs out of my homebase, and need to know if there is a quick fix? Or if i'm looking to tow her back? and any solutions if anyone has them?
thanks

97_gq_lwb
4th June 2012, 08:04 AM
Might just need bleeding.
Try pumping the clutch pedal push it in and out a few times before trying to select the gear.

Brina
6th June 2012, 07:33 AM
ended up being a gunked up slave cyl. The fluid and cyls were pretty nasty. so i took them off and cleaned them up. but i'm waiting on the final word on when some new parts will come in, i don't really trust the amount of time the slave and master cyls worked with fluid of that quality running through them.