PDA

View Full Version : concerned gu owner

that aint livin
2nd June 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi guys,

I have a 2001 GU patrol wagon, recently fitted with a new ZD30 motor as the old one was losing coolant, and further investigation showed cracked head and couple of cylinders had been scored.Therefore new engine. Now the trouble i have is lack of power, like turbo isn't kicking in, probably done about 2000 ks since been fitted. I had new air flow sensor fitted to old engine, which has been transferred onto new one so don't think this is the problem, had EGT gauge fitted 2 days ago post turbo and on the highway its running between 600 & 650, which I know is too high. However it does have a safari dtronic fitted to it,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

that ain't livin

macca86
2nd June 2012, 06:39 PM
do you have a boost guage? sounds like you're not getting boost I have a d tronic chip and only have seen 450 twice overtaking road trains on the highway up a hill

NissanGQ4.2
2nd June 2012, 07:13 PM
Hi mate, welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

You might want 2 copy this thread and start a new thread in General Mechanical as not all members view the intro thread

Sorry I can't help with your problem

Cheers

Todd

growler2058
2nd June 2012, 07:15 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info. And advice

Tapp tillya Crap

that aint livin
2nd June 2012, 08:35 PM
thanks for the input macca, i was curious as to temps with a dtronic chip & now i know, i don't have a boost gauge , i guess that was something i should have put in at the same time. Just wondering if the mechanic bumped or knocked something when fitting thermocouple into dump pipe???????????

cheers

boots
2nd June 2012, 08:43 PM
Hi - research on this forum NADS / dawes valve / needle valve . this will give you ideas on what you need to do next . before it grenades again .

macca86
2nd June 2012, 09:20 PM
would have no effect on hight egt's unless it is faulty. You should be running around 200 to 350 degrees around town and 300 on the highway with 350 to 400 under heavy loads with the chip unless you have had the fuel wound up more diesel means more heat opposite to petrol. or you are not getting boost or faulty maff sensor or dirty terminals on the maff.

Also please pop into the introductions section and post an introduction it's just polite and a way to be welcomed into the patrol brethren haha also makes people more inclined to help out lots of knowledge and great guys here

Dhuck
3rd June 2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
3rd June 2012, 11:02 AM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

that aint livin
3rd June 2012, 04:05 PM
hey macca,

think i found the problem , the hose from the vacuum reservoir ( which sits under intercooler cover ) had broken off & someone had tried to fix it using something like a ferrope compound, egt sits between 450 & 500 when you reach 100 km/hr, so hopefully all is good . Thanks again for your help!

Maxhead
7th June 2012, 05:32 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
7th June 2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.

Finly Owner
7th June 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissns Nut House

Tim

Bazhemps
8th June 2012, 02:33 PM
Welcome sounds like you may have solved your problem