PDA

View Full Version : New toys

GQ snail
2nd June 2012, 09:22 AM
I love the smell of opening the box to a new toy. The exitment of a saturday on the tools fitting my new spotties to the snail.

Oh what a feeling, LOL!

AB
2nd June 2012, 09:24 AM
Pictures when complete mate...lol

I also picked up a second hand but brand new Lokka off a friend of a friend for the front diff which will be going in soon....Can't wait!!!

nissannewby
2nd June 2012, 10:47 AM
New bits are awesome and you certainly get a very deep feeling of achievement when you fit the gear yourself :)

Richo460
2nd June 2012, 12:06 PM
I had a splurge, got a turbo, intercooler, mainfold, 240 blitz spotties, new bailey channels for the front windows and new door hinges. Thats what happens when you put a bloke in the desert with no women and only internet to take your mind off work for 6 weeks. :icon_bonk:

GQ snail
2nd June 2012, 01:36 PM
All done, here are the pics. Cant wait to get out on a dark road and make it day again.

For those that dont know a GQ dash. The red switch on the left of A/C controls is the spottie switch. Hooked up to the high beam.

moose maverick
2nd June 2012, 11:54 PM
Hey mate,
You will have to let us know how you go with the Lokka install, Ive got one sitting on the bed side table waiting to be installed but I keep having to put the install off to go cut wood to keep the boss happy and warm. I guess summer aint that far away!!!! maybe get to install it then. Spottie fit up loks sweet.

GQPorkroll
3rd June 2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah I had a splurge too.. I got a ARB locker, after weighing up all options, decided to go that way, I also got 2 Taurus spots and 2 Taurus spreads and HID conversions, and waiting on my new bullbar being built.

Richo460
3rd June 2012, 03:02 PM
A good splurge is always good. So is a good drunkening.

My GQ dash has a blank spot there, dam pov pack, has blank spots everywhere.

Nice spotties, take some pics when you find that dark road.

dirtaddict
3rd June 2012, 06:24 PM
New bits are awesome and you certainly get a very deep feeling of achievement when you fit the gear yourself :)

Ya got that right newby , speciallay when its a bitch but turns out good , nothing good ever comes easy i spose hey

AB
3rd June 2012, 06:31 PM
Hey mate,
You will have to let us know how you go with the Lokka install, Ive got one sitting on the bed side table waiting to be installed but I keep having to put the install off to go cut wood to keep the boss happy and warm. I guess summer aint that far away!!!! maybe get to install it then. Spottie fit up loks sweet.

Hey mate, I found a place who does these all day and everyday. $280 fitted or $500 for the works...New seals, bearings, etc in the diff...

Iv'e never done one before so I'm starting to think why i should bother spending days cursing and hacking my diff apart for that kind of price.

Trans Diff
225 Colchester Road Kilsyth VIC 3137

moose maverick
16th June 2012, 10:46 PM
hey mate,
I've gotta look at doing wheel bearings, seals, swivel hubs etc anway so onc that lot is out it aint that much further to having axles and then diff centre out. It also gives me a chance to get to know how it all goes together I dont want the first time I pull it all apart to be on the side of some near vertical track in the dark and pouring rain. I am a truck mechanic by trade and it will be nice to pull apart some thing a little less heavy for a change. That $280 will almost get me a set of maxtraks!