PDA

View Full Version : Cargo barrier location

luxo barge
2nd June 2012, 07:05 AM
With a cargo barrier installed in a GU, how far back can the rear seats recline ?

bushytas
2nd June 2012, 06:10 PM
With a cargo barrier installed in a GU, how far back can the rear seats recline ?

Not sure what you mean ? you are talking about the 2nd row seat yes ? they dont recline. I just took mine out of a GU wagon its not sitting in the shed

luxo barge
2nd June 2012, 07:35 PM
Well I looked at a few Patrols in car yards the other day, and both the early Gu and later shape Gu. The second row seats folded back, when the 3rd row seats were down or out of the car. Just makes me wonder how much room is between a cargo barrier (when installed) and backs of the second row seats? Would there be enough room for the second row seats to recline slightly?

bushytas
2nd June 2012, 08:05 PM
I would say no, when mine was in the seats were just about touching the barrier.

megatexture
2nd June 2012, 10:13 PM
i made my cargo barrier to sit parallel to the seat about an inch away. different manufacturers may have different distances i don’t recall my seats going back to different spots there’s collapsed then there’s open nothing in between.

my third 256
3rd June 2012, 06:16 AM
mine move about 2"back

hekarewe
3rd June 2012, 11:43 PM
mine is a genuine barrier and there wouldnt be more then about an inch 2 at the very most daughter is most pissed st the idea of no more reclining for her majesty