PDA

View Full Version : Grub screw at front of zd30

Lieney
1st June 2012, 10:39 PM
There is a grub screw at the front of the ZD30 engine, just behind the multi-groove belt near the crank pulley. I think it takes 17mm Allen key (or about) from memory.
I know it's not the engine drain plug. It's real tight & has a slight oil weep present.
Can it be removed without dramas to re-seal it?

stock patrol
1st June 2012, 11:50 PM
There is a grub screw at the front of the ZD30 engine, just behind the multi-groove belt near the crank pulley. I think it takes 17mm Allen key (or about) from memory.
I know it's not the engine drain plug. It's real tight & has a slight oil weep present.
Can it be removed without dramas to re-seal it?

I'm no expert on on ZD30 engine but on mine this looks like something to do with the pre tensioner for the belt. I've had a look and also noticed a wet look around it but not game to push in case it stuffs something up.

scotty83
2nd June 2012, 12:04 PM
I have just noticed the same a few weeks ago on my zd30. Would be really interested in what this is. Figured it was an inspection port.

Lieney
3rd June 2012, 08:01 PM
Mine is rather tight, is weeping oil slightly.
I want to undo it, and seal it to prevent the oil weep.
I am concerned that it is one of those things that when you undo it, it goes 'PLING!!'. And you spend hours looking for that part that flew across the garage.

:)

scotty83
3rd June 2012, 08:06 PM
Yeh me too. trying to find it in the manuals but not succeeding so far.

unko
4th April 2013, 07:11 PM
Is their any updates on this problem as I have it too mine is 09 crd

scotty83
4th April 2013, 07:38 PM
not from me. Sorry I decided to leave it alone.