PDA

View Full Version : 2004 3.0Ltr head problems.

BushPatrol
1st June 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi all.

I am a new poster in these forums and have a few questions about my patrol.

I currently have a 2004 3.0ltr patrol that is showing signs of a blown head gasket/cracked head. Now I know of the older 2000-2001 grenade engines that would just pop at random, but mine is still running a little rough but running never the less. So it is time to take the head off and have a sticky beak to see what the damage is (I am hoping it is only a gasket fingers crossed  ). Now I have spoken to some mecanics and they have stated that there is a lot of man hours in just taking the head off and I was quoted nearly 2.5 grand just to take the head off to see what the problem is… now if money grew on trees I wouldn't have a problem with that but seeing as though the old doller is getting harder to come buy and that I have done heads on a number of other cars including my last 2.8 patrol I thought I would give this one a crack too.

So is there anyone out there that could verify that this is going to take a lot of time to get off? And any tips, tricks and things I should look out for would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Jim,

scotty83
1st June 2012, 01:27 PM
Hi Jim. Sorry to hear you are having troubles. I haven't done this before but $2500 sounds like allot for this task. Others who know better may disagree.
Might be helpful if you put a location in your profile so that someone may be able to help with someone in your area. Even a region would be helpful.

Also head over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about yourself. People here react better to threads after intros are done.

BushPatrol
2nd June 2012, 09:43 AM
About to go and rip the head of the car now to see the damage... :| will check in later.