PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Scam???

AB
1st June 2012, 11:10 AM
Careful of this one, looks dicey.....

I have emailed him to check out and will advise.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-NISSAN-PATROL-GU-II-ST-/230801259527?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item35bcd3bc07

megatexture
1st June 2012, 11:16 AM
buy now 14k .. sounds dodgy and whats with the no bidding without my permission....

AB
1st June 2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah never seen that before....I reckon he wants everyones contact details first and then do the email scam.

I'll wait an hour and tell Ebay I guess....lol

AB
1st June 2012, 11:29 AM
Reported it....Sick of people trying to rip others off....grrrr!!!

megatexture
1st June 2012, 11:30 AM
nice one, wonder how long it will take them to act.

the sad thing is they will have made another ebay account in a few hrs and be back on there.

Bob
1st June 2012, 11:36 AM
Just placed a bid of $20 without contacting him. Lets see what happens

Bob
1st June 2012, 11:41 AM
CHECK OUT HIS OTHER ITEMS FOR SALE ON EBAY'

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m3009brad/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2654

AB
1st June 2012, 11:41 AM
Just placed a bid of $20 without contacting him. Lets see what happens

LMAO...Naughty Bob you didnt get permission to bid on it.

Not a bad deal for $20, even for a GU....Baddom Ching!!!!

AB
1st June 2012, 11:43 AM
I just outbid ya...LMAO

Bob
1st June 2012, 11:45 AM
You want to bet raflmao

AB
1st June 2012, 11:51 AM
Jeesh, how high did you bid....I'm getting nervous, $500 is way overpriced...LMAO

Bob
1st June 2012, 11:54 AM
Jeesh, how high did you bid....I'm getting nervous, $500 is way overpriced...LMAO

jUST BID $1500 AND GOT OUTBID.

IS THAT YOU AS I KNOW YOU BADLY WANT A GU LMAO

AB
1st June 2012, 11:55 AM
Nah someone else is playing the game.

The seller is going to have a heart attack when he see's this....I TOLD YOU TO GET PERMISSION FIRST!!!!!

MY SCAM ISNT WORKING!!!!

Bob
1st June 2012, 11:56 AM
I see that you bid $2,000. Now you know that is nowhere near the price that this is worth lol

Richo460
1st June 2012, 12:12 PM
its probably a genuine, its just that all his cars are stolen.
If you bid heaps and win it, and don't pay, i think he has to pay big ebay fees. Mighht be a good way to get back at the scammers.

AB
1st June 2012, 12:15 PM
its probably a genuine, its just that all his cars are stolen.
If you bid heaps and win it, and don't pay, i think he has to pay big ebay fees. Mighht be a good way to get back at the scammers.

Thats a good idea actually....lol

megatexture
1st June 2012, 12:21 PM
AU $2,125.00 haha whos bid is that, someone should post him a message saying its a scam and hopefully the other person can see it and becomes aware its dodgy would hate to think someone gets stung over this.

AB
1st June 2012, 12:26 PM
Nah Ebay will take it off soon, I shot them a message.

Unfortunately if you send him a message it wont show on the public view....All good, Ebay will wang him...lol

Bob
1st June 2012, 12:31 PM
hAS JUST BEEN DELISTED . BLOODY HELL AB I WAS REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS RAFLMAO

AB
1st June 2012, 12:33 PM
hAS JUST BEEN DELISTED . BLOODY HELL AB I WAS REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS RAFLMAO

Didnt take them long....

megatexture
1st June 2012, 12:40 PM
1 hr and its gone that’s not bad, only because you reported it though it’s a shame they can’t see scams happening themselves questions do become visible for others bidding but you need to click to view them but it more than likely won’t become visible till they respond to it.

taslucas
1st June 2012, 01:03 PM
AU $2,125.00 haha whos bid is that, someone should post him a message saying its a scam and hopefully the other person can see it and becomes aware its dodgy would hate to think someone gets stung over this.

Lol they could put it in the F.A.Qs...."is this listing a scam?" lol.

Tap, crackle, pop

Silver
1st June 2012, 03:40 PM
ads have gone from e-bay

AB
1st June 2012, 04:18 PM
Damn they are dodgy....Spend their whole lives ripping people off....Here is the email reply already...lol

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my 2001 NISSAN PATROL GU II ST. The car is still available and it is in immaculate condition with only 232,310 kms. The car is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. The actual location is in Newcastle and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. I'm asking $14,000 this price includes shipping and handling. I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. I already have tons of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. The price is low because I need to sell it before 1st of June. Selling cheap means selling fast so i assure you that this is the best price you can find for such a car.

More info: Odometer: 232,310 kms
Transmission: 5 speed Manual
Engine: 6 cylinder Diesel Turbo 4.2 L (4169cc)
Reg Plate: RCN877 current until JUL-2012
The car will come with RWC. I have payed full for it so there is no money owing.
Please get back to me if you're interested in buying it.

Thank you.
Sgt. Bradshaw, Michael CW4 (SASR)
Special Air Service Regiment, Department of Defence

Stropp
1st June 2012, 04:27 PM
AB send one back saying that you are company CO and I have not met you, are you new to the regiment, that will get his attention.

GUtsy ute
1st June 2012, 04:29 PM
What's dodgy about that?
See what you've done AB, ruined my chances of a cheap buy.
the Seargent and I were getting along like a house on fire too.LOL

Bob
1st June 2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah ab just reported it after he sent an email so that it would be withdrawn and he would then negotiate direct with the seller.
I know he desperately wants a gu

raflmao

AB
1st June 2012, 05:24 PM
I'll try and get his personal details and report the scammer to the police....

Hi Brad,

I am happy to pay you direct in your bank account. I trust members from the Defence.

Just let us know your bank details and I can transfer the money there....

Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:45:40 -0700
Subject: Re: NissanPatrol

Hi Andy ,

Right now I'm in RAAF Base Williamtown at 30kms north of Newcastle, we are getting ready for Afghanistan so the local pick up is not possible. The car is already in shipping company's custody in Newcastle ready for delivery. Given the nature of this transaction, I intend to use the security provided by eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) program, because they have a great exchange program. The transaction will be fully under eBay surveillance, giving us both security and insurance that nothing will go wrong. They will be the 3rd, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the car after receivng it, considering that the funds will be held in their trust account and released to me only after you accept and confirm the delivery.

Do you think a 5 days inspection period will suffice? Within this time frame you have to decide if you purchase it or not. If you decide against the purchase you will be fully refunded without any added charges to your account. The car will be returned to me if you reject it upon inspection, but I honestly doubt this will happen.

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.
Thank you.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________
CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION - The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, disclosure dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Andrew Batty wrote:
Yes I want to buy it now...

AB
1st June 2012, 05:26 PM
The above is a perfect text book scam artist on Ebay so this is a great thing to read everyone so you understand the process and what to look out for.

As always never transfer any money to anyone without seeing the car first with your own eyes!

megatexture
1st June 2012, 05:41 PM
yea do what you can to catch the bastard. and pass details on to the police fingers x can get him

AB
1st June 2012, 07:34 PM
Doesn't look like he wants to give out any personal info....

Anyways, next step...He wants to go through "Ebay" for a secure transaction...see below.

I expect a dodged up Ebay secure "Official" email coming soon which looks very legit to do the transaction....Stay tuned!!!

Yes, lets proceed thanks Brad....I'm excited!!!

Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 00:39:45 -0700

Hi Andy ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

You will pay eBay the required amount ( $14,000.00 ), and they will secure it until you get the car. You will be given a 5 days inspection period during which you can decide whether you keep it or not. If you are satisfied with it, you will confirm that to eBay so they can unblock the funds and send it to me.

If you decide to buy the car, please include the following information in your next email.

1. Ship to name and address ( the complete name and address of the person receiving the car ).
2. Motor vehicle registration name and address needed for title transfer, this would be your complete name and physical address (or if the car is to be registered on someone else's name the name and address of the registrant is needed).

I'll open the transaction with eBay mentioning the car details, the price and confirm you as the buyer.

After the transaction is processed they will send you an invoice explaining the exact procedure...it's quite simple.

Let me know if we can make this work.

Thank you.

NissanGQ4.2
1st June 2012, 07:47 PM
Do you want 2 buy this one 2 Andy? *LMAO*

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-NISSAN-PATROL-/130705236782?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6ea3a32e#ht_500wt_1413

oncedisturbed
1st June 2012, 07:55 PM
This is straight out BOLLOCKS - no-one who is part of SASR will divulge their details, even more so going on active deployment. This guy is full of himself.

AB, can you email this peanuts complete details as I have a few contacts (ADF) that would be rather insterested to say the least

growler2058
1st June 2012, 07:58 PM
BUY BUY BUY BUY hahahahahaha

Tapp tillya Crap

megatexture
1st June 2012, 08:06 PM
lmao provide your "ship to address" in next email if you want to purchase the car .... so they will transport the car anywhere in australia for no fee haha. omg this keeps getting better

Brendan56
1st June 2012, 08:57 PM
I'm having one of those, "this is the reason i joined this forum" moments. haha!

Silver
1st June 2012, 09:54 PM
according to wikipedia, the SAS is headquartered at Campbell Barracks, Swanbourne, Perth. He should recognise that address :-)

I thought the SAS were a bit circumspect about identifying themselves, too, unlike this bloke.

AB
2nd June 2012, 09:58 AM
More communication since last night as below...The well crafted official Ebay email will come through soon...
Obviously these are not my details below...

Hi,

My address is 46 Trollya Av, Yarra Glen, Vic 3775

Phone number is 0400 331 398

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 08:52:03 +1000

Good morning Andy ,
Send me your shipping address and telephone number so i can contact eBay and the shipping company and start the transaction.
Thank you.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Andrew Batty <batty-626@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes please, lets proceed...

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 08:20:22 +1000

Good morning Andy ,
Are u ready to proceed today?
Thank you.

oncedisturbed
2nd June 2012, 10:16 AM
according to wikipedia, the SAS is headquartered at Campbell Barracks, Swanbourne, Perth. He should recognise that address :-)

I thought the SAS were a bit circumspect about identifying themselves, too, unlike this bloke.

This is true silver, about 25 mins from my place. I happen to attend 1 of the boozers there every so often :)

I realise this is a scam but the regiment and ADF are always on the lookout for people like him and also those that falsely wear service medals etc

AB
2nd June 2012, 05:47 PM
Oops, he's caught me out on my bogus address....LMAO

The shipping company told me that your address is invalid.Please provide me with your valid shipping address in order to move forward with the transaction.
I hope you are serious about this purchase.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Andrew Batty wrote:
Hi,

My address is 46 Trollya Av, Yarra Glen, Vic 3775

Phone number is 0400 331 398

Silver
2nd June 2012, 06:26 PM
see how ya go with Campbell Barracks :-)

Just take extra care you don't end up in some sort of contract with this clown - perhaps hard to see how based on assumptions about the circumstances - but they are only assumptions.

Clunk
2nd June 2012, 10:41 PM
So how's it all going with this turf?..... You should use the local cop shop as the shipping address lol

Taps a lot!!!!!!

megatexture
2nd June 2012, 11:18 PM
give him an address in Nigeria you may get lucky and pick his house !

AB
3rd June 2012, 08:30 AM
No reply from him today....He's caught on I think!!!

I just wanted to stuff him around and see if I can get his personal details to pass on but no joy so far!

megatexture
4th June 2012, 12:51 AM
a friends ex who’s car is for sale and i posted it on eBay finds early this week mentioned to my wife that a marine is interested in her car.... as soon as she said marine i clicked and warned her about this scam.
she’s selling her car for $14k this fella has offered $15k but she has to open a PayPal account so he can put the 15k in it for holding if she can help him with shipping of the car.. so he contacted her (don’t know how) and told her that he has put 15k in her PayPal account and if she can put the "shipping" payment in an account (that he provided her) for the shipping/transport company.
She has then continued to call PayPal who have informed her it’s a scam that they are aware of and not to pay the shipping/transport...
Could be the same scum you found on eBay ab.

AB
4th June 2012, 09:49 AM
I researched this bloke and he's selling Mustangs and all kinds of cars all over the internet. On free trading websites, etc....

megatexture
4th June 2012, 10:07 AM
who can you report him to other then the police did you report anyother of his adds?
post a few up and we can all waste his time and have some fun in the process

AB
4th June 2012, 10:24 AM
I have been down this path before with the police. They give you a fraud website to put the info in and I never hear back from them. Probably just a big waste of time!!!

Here's a couple more of his dodgy ones...

http://vehicles.noflies.com.au/cars+brisbane-bayside/1957-chevrolet-bel-air/47929681
http://nsw.locanto.com.au/ID_131598372/1957-CHEVROLET-BEL-AIR.html

megatexture
4th June 2012, 10:49 AM
that one looks more ligit then the last one is that his email same as the ebay email address?

AB
4th June 2012, 10:57 AM
that one looks more ligit then the last one is that his email same as the ebay email address?

Yep exact email address.

Elle8
7th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd alert you to another one we were keen on... Exact same letter etc:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my Nissan. The car is still
available and it is in immaculate condition with 70,400kms. The car is
in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. The
actual location is Point Cook, Victoria and in case it gets sold I will
take care of transport. The final price that I ask for it is $13,300
including transport and handling. I want this transaction to go smoothly
enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and
have little time at my disposal. I already have tons of emails so I hope
you understand that I need to sort them out. Reason for low price is not
accidents or something wrong with the car, I am selling it because now I
travel a lot with my job and I don't want it get old in my garage and
also I need to sell it before June 14th. Selling cheap means selling
fast so i assure you that this is the best price you can find for such a
car.

More info:

Odometer: 70,400kms
Transmission: 4 speed Automatic
Engine: 3.0 L
VIN: JN1TESY61A0403687
Reg Plate: WYK904 until May 2013 (registered in Victoria but can be
registered in any state)
The car will come with RWC. I have paid full for it so there is no money
owing.

If you are still interested contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Sgt. Hazelton, Ethan M. CW4 (SASR)

AB
7th June 2012, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, yep looks like the same bloke too....Interesting they have used an optusnet.com.au account.

Have you got a link to the listing by chance?