PDA

View Full Version : Calling all TV and Surround sound home entertainment gurus!!!

AB
31st May 2012, 07:16 PM
Ok, this has been doing my head in and JB HI-FI and everyone else doesn't know the answer.

We want to run Quickflix streaming which streams videos off the net (legally...lol) and watch them on the LG TV with the LG dvd player and LG combo surround sound system.

Now, the Quickfix streaming only works on a Sony Blue Ray (owned by same company of course...lol) and a Playstation 3.

We want to keep and use the LG surround sound speakers and they wont plug into the Sony Blue ray.

We also dont have a HDMI "in" on the DVD so we cant run the Sony Blue ray with the streaming plugged into the LG to run to the speakers and TV...LMAO...Dodgy.

Can I use the HDMI out from Sony Blue Ray for the streaming of the video into the HDMI in the TV for picture and then run sound by AV out of Sony to AV in on the LG to use the surround.

There are only two IN plugs on the LG...Red and White Aux in....Would that work and be surround quality????

Or same as above but using the Playstation 3.....HDMI out of PS3 to HDMI in to LG TV for picture and AV out from PS3 to AV IN on LG DVD to the surround sound....

Farrrrrr out....Does that make any sense...LMAO:1087::1087::1087::1087:

Can't wait for the massive response to this post!!!...lol

NissanGQ4.2
31st May 2012, 07:33 PM
What did you just say?????? let me grab a beer....................this sounds 2 technical.............can you translate it 2 idiot speak????? *LMAO*

Sony and PS3 are not the only ones 2 support Quickflix, Samsung also support it and i think a few others.

PM me the model numbers of TV and DVD, see if I can work something out

P.S: I'm not that bored, where is my new category *LMAO*

AB
31st May 2012, 07:37 PM
Category is done mate...lol

NissanGQ4.2
31st May 2012, 07:42 PM
Category is done mate...lol

Ummmmm I was talking about a whole new category, not a sub category........but that will do.

Cheers mate, shall get cracking.

Don't forget 2 PM me the details

AB
31st May 2012, 07:50 PM
I think I worked it out...lol

HDMI from PS3 to HDMI TV....That carries audio and video of course.

So....Digital Optical from TV to DVD player can play audio.....Really simple and it should work I think....

taslucas
1st June 2012, 08:01 AM

So....Digital Optical from TV to DVD player can play audio.....Really simple and it should work I think....

Theres always a way!

I was thinking maybe get a wireless hub?

Richo460
1st June 2012, 08:09 AM
Did you get it sorted? I'm not sure if it is the case with everything but both my computer sound cards had digital optical audio out but it would only do a 2 channel signal so none of my amps would play it in surround mode unless it was emulated which usually sounds crap. Not sure if this was an input signal problem or output restriction but with the amp in auto it always went into 2 channel mode with the optical. Not sure if quickflix streams more than 2 channels anway.
On my laptop i can choose to send video vis HDMI and audio through the analog 3.5mm plug but i don't think other devices have as much configureability as a pc. Is that even a word, configureablity? I think i'm over stimulated, i better have some beer and go to bed. lol.

growler2058
1st June 2012, 08:22 AM
Ok, this has been doing my head in and JB HI-FI and everyone else doesn't know the answer.

We want to run Quickflix streaming which streams videos off the net (legally...lol) and watch them on the LG TV with the LG dvd player and LG combo surround sound system.

Now, the Quickfix streaming only works on a Sony Blue Ray (owned by same company of course...lol) and a Playstation 3.

We want to keep and use the LG surround sound speakers and they wont plug into the Sony Blue ray.

We also dont have a HDMI "in" on the DVD so we cant run the Sony Blue ray with the streaming plugged into the LG to run to the speakers and TV...LMAO...Dodgy.

Can I use the HDMI out from Sony Blue Ray for the streaming of the video into the HDMI in the TV for picture and then run sound by AV out of Sony to AV in on the LG to use the surround.

There are only two IN plugs on the LG...Red and White Aux in....Would that work and be surround quality????

Or same as above but using the Playstation 3.....HDMI out of PS3 to HDMI in to LG TV for picture and AV out from PS3 to AV IN on LG DVD to the surround sound....

Farrrrrr out....Does that make any sense...LMAO:1087::1087::1087::1087:

Can't wait for the massive response to this post!!!...lol

Being the techno guru im not WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha

AB
1st June 2012, 08:58 AM
I need to get a PS3 off someone to test it out before I get one....Hmmm!

Blacklotusdog
1st June 2012, 09:25 AM

Should work but i think you may find that you will get a slight de-sync between the sound and image due to sound having to travel that little bit further then the video.

If your using a PS3 you can go into the settings menu for video and sound and select which connection each is output from.

So go into video and send the video through HDMI, then go into sound or audio menu and select connection as digital optical for audio output, then route HDMI from PS3 to TV and Route an optical cable from PS3 to DVD. If you do it this way you should have sound and video perfectly in sync.

Hope this helps.

AB
1st June 2012, 09:40 AM
Big help, thanks mate, that should work!!

04OFF
2nd June 2012, 12:18 AM
Blacklotusdog's reply sound like the go Andy.

You can also get these BTW......

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/220974987742?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

I used to be right into all this stuff, i spent 2 years building a dedicated Home Theatre room at my place, the block and house we chose was influenced by my Home Theatre build, and even after 12 years, its still my most favorite place and most used room in the house !

AB
2nd June 2012, 09:19 AM
Cheers for the link mate!!!

oncedisturbed
2nd June 2012, 11:18 AM
As BLD mentions, yes you can. There is alao a program you can load on your computer that is deaigned for ps3 that allows streaming of music / video files from your computer through ps3 to tv. Easiet way to explain it is like a personal version of quickflix, itunes etc as it allows either a wired connection or wifi.

Other option is to get an av junction box to allow it all to be connected together via 1 unit