PDA

View Full Version : What aftermarket turbo do you have on your TD42?

BigMav
30th May 2012, 09:18 PM
And what sort of hp are you getting from it with what mods? I'm mainly curious to see figures on the TD05 and GT2860's but would be interested in seeing a broader range for comparisons sake. So if you have the info post away. Cheers.

nissannewby
30th May 2012, 09:33 PM
Modified td05 pumping 14psi unintercooled making 150 or so hp at the treads.

silverbar
30th May 2012, 10:03 PM
gt2860rs, 10.5 psi, intercooled 95rwkw

BigMav
30th May 2012, 10:17 PM
Considering the standard non turbo TD42 put out only 85kw at the flywheel those are some pretty good gains. Keep em coming guys. silverbar any reason why you don't wind the boost up a little more? especially being intercooled.

silverbar
30th May 2012, 10:41 PM
It's a black top motor. And I'm looking for reliability over big power.

nissannewby
31st May 2012, 10:05 AM
mines a blacktop :):). And so is my GU TD42Ti

BigMav
31st May 2012, 11:33 PM
Can you share what mods are done to the TD05 nissannewby? How much extra gain has the mods made? I know that united fuel in the west modify the td05's is it one of theirs?

nissannewby
1st June 2012, 10:13 AM
Nuh its not that modified it came with the dts kit and i have had it high flowed however there is another mod i have done which i think was far more beneficial than high flowing the turbo. Atleast at the boost figures im running.

97_gq_lwb
1st June 2012, 10:27 AM
It would be rather hard to compare results due to fueling some people drive along producing a trail diesel behind them wich of course will give you more power.
I run a t3/t4 .63 rear .50 front oil only turbo no idea what power it is producing but it has more go then a stock gu turbo little smoke and low egt's.
Have to dyno it one day just to get a ball park figure as that is all they really are they vary so much .

nissannewby
1st June 2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah real world comparing is where its at mine being unintercooled i can push the pyros past 500 if i keep my foot buried into it however i did line up against a mate of mines GQ which is w2a intercooled modded pump running 16psi with a dts kit and there was nothing in it. Stock GU's are terrible from the factory my GU use to be but have since wound some fuel into running 14-15 psi and its much bettter now :):)

97_gq_lwb
1st June 2012, 01:01 PM
Have to agree even the rd28 was a different engine altogether with fuel and boost adjustment.
I have to question the ballbearing turbo's though seen and heard of so many failures with them i have to wonder is it due to over boosting or dirty engine oil or a combo.
Because i have read about them running low boost and being reliable.

dirtaddict
1st June 2012, 07:53 PM
A 3.2 diesel pajero has a suposed 440 nm of torque and about 140 kw at the flywheel , my gq with dts 3inch and front mount 15 psi stock pump and old injectors tows better than a pajero ,yet mtq quote 360nm and 126 kw with thier system add a little with the cooler and abit of boost but the pajero should out pull it and it doesn`t . I can do mount victoria in 4th gear with no trailer .

BigMav
2nd June 2012, 09:11 AM
I don't really know but I would say the peak torque and peak power of the pajero would be at much higher rpms than that on the patrol due to the smaller engine size. There would also be more turbo lag down low in the rev range. It definitely comes down to real world driveability and at the end of the day the dyno charts are just a guide but when broken down is a pretty good guide as we can't just use a drag strip to compare against other vehicles unfortunately.

97_gq_lwb
2nd June 2012, 09:18 AM
Why not the arabs do it lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGX6rFS1VU

stockton beach sand dune drags i can see it now.

bordertech
6th June 2012, 09:24 PM
A 3.2 diesel pajero has a suposed 440 nm of torque and about 140 kw at the flywheel , my gq with dts 3inch and front mount 15 psi stock pump and old injectors tows better than a pajero ,Put a Chip It on the Pajero and then compare :cool:

bordertech
6th June 2012, 09:26 PM
mines a blacktop :):). And so is my GU TD42TiThe GU TD42 may have a black rocker cover but it has some heavier internal hardware than a silver top.

dirtaddict
7th June 2012, 10:31 PM
Put a Chip It on the Pajero and then compare :cool:

Pretty sure its fot a dp chip in it already (mates car) its quick but it just doesn`t tow like the big Q

nissannewby
7th June 2012, 11:56 PM
The GU TD42 may have a black rocker cover but it has some heavier internal hardware than a silver top.

Yeah i know this just trying to convey a message that the only way to tell is to visually inspect these motors internally as the colour of the rocker cover has little to do with what lies inside. Nissan may be able to shed some light if you give them your engine number but tend not to be the greatest in giving info

johno90
17th June 2012, 11:51 AM
Im fitting up my td05 20g turbo thats been flowed next weekend along with w2a. will let you know how it goes. in saying that last patrol with dts kit had 138 atw and it was all stock no cooler.

97_gq_lwb
17th June 2012, 04:30 PM
Be interesting to see where the torque curve sits between 16g 18g and 20g.
With the same hotside.
And if anything other then a wheel and housing swap was involved in half of these so called high flowed setups.