PDA

View Full Version : Gu patrol. need help with parts

jordan1994
30th May 2012, 06:53 PM
G'day members, my name is Jordan and I'm new to 4x4ing.
I have bought my first car being a 1999 Gu Nissan Patrol, tb45 on gas.
I'm an apprentice chippy and I live in the Western side of Melbourne. I will be hauling a trailer from time to time, not after a roof rack though.
I'm looking for helpful tips, ideas or thoughts to help me choose the right modifications for the vehicle.
i don't have a huge budget but i am willing to spend up $5,000.
My thoughts at the moment are a suspension lift, wheels and tyres and anything extra that you can think of mechanically or electronically?
I will mainly do weekend 4x4ing, nothing to serious but i still want the car to perform and look the part.
I need help regarding 35'inch tyres compared to 33'inch? suspension lift i was thinking 3 inch, but i need more information on both of these two modifications as well as what type of mud tyres are best all rounders..?

please give me as much advice and recommendations as possible and the problems i may have with certain after market parts.

Thank you Jordan

macca86
30th May 2012, 07:07 PM
33' tyres and 2 to 3' lift and a lokka or lock right will use your 5000 and have a very capable off road trucka nd be streetable too can't go wrong with micky T mtz or bfg k2m tyres and lift oldman emu efs tough dog all do kits read up on them and check prices and make your own mind on the reports as everyone has different needs

macca
30th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Add a uhf to macca86's list and away you go. Be a great start thats for sure

jordan1994
30th May 2012, 08:03 PM
yes uhf for sure! how much are lockers anyways? thanks for the help guys!

macca86
31st May 2012, 05:12 PM
lokka and lock right are in the 500 to 700 mark plus the same to install unless you're handy on the spanners. arb and tjm air lockers are way more than this they are 1000 to 1200 plus a compressor and install. Don't get a rear locker get a front one the lsd in the back is a good unit just get it shimmed up