PDA

View Full Version : Tigerz11 Rear or Side Awning

Tonks
30th May 2012, 01:48 PM
G'Day all,
Does any one have any feedback on the Tigerz11 awnings, they are very cheap in price, i was thinking about the rear one, any comments,

Cheers Tonks.

MudRunnerTD
30th May 2012, 01:50 PM
Hey Tonks,

I have an ARB 2.5 side and 1.2 rear awning on my GUIV and it is a great setup. The TigerzII is a great buy and price and i understand is basically a copy of the ARB product.

megatexture
30th May 2012, 02:57 PM
ill let you know when mine arrives but from what I’ve seen most awnings are of a very simular build quality be it arb or a eBay special one think I’ve read is to not get one with the zipper on top as it lets in water not sure what brand that was but tigers11 have it at the bottom .

nissannewby
30th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Same same will let you know when mine arrive hopefully in the next 2 weeks:)

Tonks
30th May 2012, 03:32 PM
Are you guys getting the side or rear awning

megatexture
30th May 2012, 03:35 PM
I bet all the ones that they have coming in are all accounted for haha. they must be selling a ship load of stuff at these prices .

daggy
31st May 2012, 07:20 PM
I have an Oztrail side awning and a Tigerz11 rear awning. Other than the colour of the material they are pretty much the same. For the money you can't go past the Tigerz.

bordertech
1st June 2012, 09:01 PM
ill let you know when mine arrives but from what I’ve seen most awnings are of a very simular build quality be it arb or a eBay special one think I’ve read is to not get one with the zipper on top as it lets in water not sure what brand that was but tigers11 have it at the bottom .It is Tigerz that doesn't have the zip at the bottom. I just had to unpick one and rotate the bag 90 degrees so the zip was at the bottom. The zip was half way up the side of the bag and letting water in.

megatexture
1st June 2012, 09:33 PM
dangit haha. the zip looks like it would be at the base on the pics so its in the middle?

easy adjustment?

bordertech
1st June 2012, 09:56 PM
They used to be (could be old pics) but they said they're all like that now so was no point in sending it back for a swap. The weight of the awning and bag did make it sag down but the zip was still an inch or two from the bottom.

My customer wanted a replacement or a full refund but when he knew that a replacement would be the same I said I could fix it for him instead.

It took about 1.5hrs on a flat bench

Moved the awning out the way but dont have to remove it from the rail
Unbolted the rail arms and put them aside
Drilled out the rivets that sandwiches the bag between the outside and inside rail
Marked the inside of the bag from the old rivet holes in it.
Rotated the bag between the outer and inner rail so the zip would be exactly at the bottom
Put the straps back in position between the rails (rivets go through these as well to hold them in place)
Lined up the bag and rails together
drilled new holes in the bag using the original rail holes as the guide
Put large flanged head rivets in
Rail arms back on
siliconed up original rivet holes in bag which now sit at the top
Jobs done

As it sits now it looks like it's how it's supposed to be

Main thing is to get the bag in good alignment with the rails when redrilling and riveting.

megatexture
1st June 2012, 10:34 PM
cheers mate sounds somewhat like i though it would be, you would think they make it like that to start with

Forced Offroad
5th August 2012, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, I finally open my awning after a few weeks.... My opinion it 100% cheap and a 120% rubbish.

I would like to know how the adjustable legs are met to be adjusted and tightened for you desired hight.....Mine just keep falling out... Don't get me started on the Brackets...

Winnie
5th August 2012, 05:34 PM
The Roo Systems awning is not a lot more expensive and the quality of them is great, I wouldn't pass it up if I was looking for one.

https://4wdchip.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showProductDetail?productId=332#

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2012, 05:35 PM
You wI'll find the legs should operate like a taper lock. Set at desired length then twist to tighten.

I have an ARB side awning and it did not come with ANY brackets and is sent with the asumption that it will be bolted to the side of a roof rack cage.

oncedisturbed
5th August 2012, 05:45 PM
mine was the same - had to buy specific brackets that slide in between the mounts for the roof racks - what a pain that was

Winnie
5th August 2012, 05:50 PM
Does anybody make an awning that can clamp onto the gutter or something? I don't have a roof rack but I'd love to have an awning.

Forced Offroad
5th August 2012, 05:50 PM
The Roo Systems awning is not a lot more expensive and the quality of them is great, I wouldn't pass it up if I was looking for one.

https://4wdchip.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showProductDetail?productId=332#

I agree mate, I have one coming for my other 4x4. Looks the good for what I have seen.....
My tigerz is for the Patrol and weekend trips where if I slide into a tree or it gets buggered im not concern

Forced Offroad
5th August 2012, 05:55 PM
You wI'll find the legs should operate like a taper lock. Set at desired length then twist to tighten.

Tried all the tricks. Nothing works..... The quality control seems to be really bad, the Brackets look hand cut and bent in a vice...

IF YOU CAN SAVE THE EXTRA $ AND GET A DECENT PRODUCT.

STEVE HADDEN FROM ROO SEEMS TO HAVE COME UP WITH SOME GOOD AT A GREART PRICE.

Forced Offroad
5th August 2012, 05:58 PM
Does anybody make an awning that can clamp onto the gutter or something? I don't have a roof rack but I'd love to have an awning.

Go A Roo awning mate. Save the extra $

Brackets from Rhino may help buddy
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/AccSubCategory_Foxwing--amp--Sunseeker-Fitting-Kits_62.aspx

oncedisturbed
5th August 2012, 06:59 PM
yup, I had rhinoracks on my BT50 and use the rhino T brackets - they were good and about $25 from memory

Forced Offroad
5th August 2012, 09:29 PM
Well I'm screwed. Won't be getting any help by tigerz11

http://www.facebook.com/groups/429473803752461/?ref=ts

Forced Offroad
7th August 2012, 05:30 PM
Went to BCF today to get some spare parts for my BRAND NEW TIGERZ11 AWNING.
Still waiting on a reply from Tigerz11,

But got a email news letter today from them, it made me laugh.....

Tigerz11 exists to give everyone a fair go. Our prices today are still the lowest available on good quality products.

So peeved at myself with by buying this crap.... Please guys save the extra $.

P4trol
7th August 2012, 08:18 PM
Generic parts?

Tipsy-tap

Cbates
19th January 2013, 11:43 PM
looking at the roo systems awning. Got a sale on at the moment for $195 i thought was good.
Worth buying this one?
Cheers

threedogs
19th January 2013, 11:51 PM
Look for the brand names you hear on this forum, some names like Howling Moon, TJM, ARB, OP LOC, in no particular order
I'm sure there are others as well but stay away from tigerz, as stated it'll only end in tears, brand names will give you warranty as well
or peace of mind that the product you just brought will last. never heard of Roo systems

Drewboyaus
20th January 2013, 08:27 AM
Rhino are doing their Sunseeker2 awning for less than $300. I bought one of them for the side to go with my SupaPeg one for the rear....
Both great quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbates
20th January 2013, 12:37 PM
The supapeg ones don't look bad, I'm a bit price conscious but also don't wanna buy a product that is just gonna break! Worth the roo systems or pay a little more? Can't be heaps of difference can there?