PDA

View Full Version : CD player not working

Bazhemps
30th May 2012, 10:08 AM
The CD player in my 2001 GU Patrol is not working. The tape deck and radio work fine, I can load the CD but once it scans error on disc comes up. I presume there is not a simple solution to solve the problem. If I pull it out who would you reccomend for repairs?
Thanks.
Baz

oncedisturbed
30th May 2012, 12:28 PM
Cheeper to buy an after market head unit, aftermarket plug and play harness and antenna adapter than to get it repaired

04OFF
30th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Cheeper to buy an after market head unit, aftermarket plug and play harness and antenna adapter than to get it repaired

Agree ^

Nissan Patrol ones do come up cheap on ebay from time to time, but whos to say a second hand one wont fail the same, aftermarket headunits have so many more features available, i even replaced my factory 6 disk Nissan headunit ,even tho it was in perfect working order.

Clunk
30th May 2012, 10:13 PM
Could it be just a case of very dirty lens? Cleaning kits don't tend to be very good, so I usually pull it out, take the casing off and give the lens a good clean with a cotton tip dipped in some of that methylalcohol stuff but be gentle.

Not sure how easy or accessible it is on those double dins though

Taps a lot!!!!!!

adventurepaul
31st May 2012, 12:14 AM
Im selling mine. 2din cd tape radio from 2004 gu. Will post. Asking $75