PDA

View Full Version : another gold coaster :-)

kelly
28th May 2012, 10:41 PM
Hey all.i just got my first patrol. Its a 92 model y60 with the rb30s. Its currently unreg and there's a bit to do to her. Currently in the garage with the power steering box out.have a wreckers one but need a shaft seal for it.also needs a new water pump.a few tail light plastics and she should be right.also the standard rust along the roof.the good thing is it has a 4 inch lift which is cool. I bought it for towing the horse float. Will be good to meet anyone on the coast.cheers Kelly.

wildgu6
28th May 2012, 10:53 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

ally
28th May 2012, 11:44 PM
Hi! I'm also on the GC...well Tweed but close enough ;) and new to the 4wd ownership.
I have a 92 Maverick, petrol/gas. I love it, but it needs some work...in fact I would love to know if there is anyone on the GC or Tweed/ Murwillumbah who can help me out...and be nice to my purse.

tons of useful info on here, and nice people!

Welcome!
Ally

kelly
29th May 2012, 12:41 AM
Thx guys and girls.i'm thinking gas conversion as well. How does yours run on gas ally? And buy a workshop manual and a set of sockets and get stuck into fixing everything yaself. There not that hard to fix..well some things are tricky lol. Worst thing I find is cracking tight nuts but 3 foot of pipe on the end of a socket will usually get it undone.

ally
29th May 2012, 12:55 AM
Yeah, i normally DIY , but its suspension stuff...bushes and what not... as well as a carby tune. Also, I live in a townhouse,i don't have the room to be doing alot of stuff anymore, or the tools :(
which sucks cos I love to do it!
Anyways, on gas, it's great! It seems to love the gas more, doesn't enjoy being switched back to petrol. which is great for my wallet, not so good when I go rural.
Doesn't lose power, I actually get better economy on gas than petrol. Just gotta be careful with the temp, has a habit of rising a little too high for comfort up big hills (as gas runs hotter it's expected).
Had a few issues when I bought it with a loop in the line and just a really dodgy install. Highly recommend NOT getting any work done in Tweed Heads if you're down this way.

kelly
29th May 2012, 03:19 AM
I used to live in tugun.can totally understand what ya mean about places in tweed. I'm now based at tallai, back of mudgeeraba.

AB
29th May 2012, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

growler2058
29th May 2012, 07:13 AM
G'day Kelly welcome aboard mate gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tapp tillya Crap

DX grunt
29th May 2012, 07:38 AM
G'day Kelly.

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Dhuck
29th May 2012, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
29th May 2012, 08:22 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Keep an eye on the forum meetups section for QLD mate as we're a pretty active bunch up here ... be great to catch up at some stage for a wheel and a coldie!!

Enjoy!!

ashbee37
29th May 2012, 12:02 PM
Welcome to the forum

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations

Maxhead
29th May 2012, 06:42 PM
G'Day and welcome the forum mate

Finly Owner
30th May 2012, 11:01 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Kelly.There is a good 4B wrecker on the coast. Also try Panel House in Slacks Ck for light lenses. Where on Goldy R U?

Tim

Silver
31st May 2012, 03:07 AM
Welcome, Kelly!