PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 turbo up grade gu

Dmwlking
27th May 2012, 07:20 PM
I about to upgrade my turbo from the standard to the mitz 18g. Has anyone done the upgrade and what were the benifits. I am looking for more torque for towing and hopefully better fuel consumption.

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2012, 09:10 PM
G'day mate,

I'd appreciate it if you could head over to the intro section and post up an introduction, tell us a little about you and your rig and where you are in the world.

It polite to say g'day when you enter a room.

Cheers

MR

nissannewby
27th May 2012, 10:52 PM
They turbo may be a little large for a turbo setup id be looking at something along the lines of a 16g if its towing torque your after. Have you had a play with your standard setup? I have been doing some tuning with my standard (qualified diesel mech) setup and have it performing much better now, where i use to drive it between 2500 rpm-3500rpm i now drive it between 1500-2500rpm and running 14psi i have that full 14psi of boost by 2000rpm. You can net some alright gains out of the standard setup which can get power figures of around the 160hp mark the 18g setup would see you be able to push this over 200 but if you want it better for towing i would start with playing with the standard setup first (will save you a few dollars atleast).

audiostu
28th May 2012, 08:58 PM
Talk to Matt at United fuel injection. They seem to be building mild to wild over in your neck of the woods. I think his Patrol is making some serious numbers, 800 nm comes to mind.

nissannewby
28th May 2012, 09:23 PM
yeah and 300+hp at the treads but there is some serious work in that there was one featured in 4wd action in a gu patrol running 32psi with figures like that from united injection.

audiostu
28th May 2012, 10:30 PM
Yep that's Matts truck. Water/meth injected, diesel gas injected with one of his special TD05 turbos. I think he fitted one of the large top mount intercoolers from south Aus as well.