PDA

View Full Version : Arb

birdy
27th May 2012, 04:18 PM
Hi guys
Am looking at puting a snorkel and auxilary battery kit in my patrol and was wondering if the ARB gear is alright,i dont have many options my way for shops to do the work(4x4 work)so any input appreciated the prices seem fair also in the next two months want to put 3" lift kit and front locker,will be useing the wagon for shooting,camping and basically pissing the redneck greenies off.
cheers:trink13:

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2012, 04:22 PM
Allot of the gear you find online and at other reputable 4x4 shops is copied from ARB gear.

Top Shelf mate, If your happy with the pricing then go for it.

paintah
27th May 2012, 05:16 PM
As far as battery systems go give the Redarc BCDC 1240 a try, you'll feel it when you pay for it but it's a multi stage charger as well as an isolator and can be set to charge different battery chemistry, you can also patch in a solar panel if need be, Iv'e had a couple of isolators in various rigs and believe this one's a ripper.
I'm a painting contractor and have no affiliation with Redarc.
Regards Mark.

oncedisturbed
27th May 2012, 10:08 PM
all my gear for the Patrol and previously my BT50 has been ARB due to that's what the novated leasing company use, never had an issue with it at all, only downside is it is pricey in comparison. Again it will up to user preferrance

birdy
2nd June 2012, 10:33 AM
Hi all
i went into the local ARB shop when i got home from work the other day to pay for my snorkel and the bloke tried to charge me another $60 i asked him what the extra money was for and he reckons i told him it was a 4.2 ltr i kindly let him know that i gave him the part number from the website,round 1 won, then he said that i told him it was earlier than 2004 model,how i would tell him that is beyond me seeing as i had only just brought it i think iknow what i brought,in the end he said that is the price so do you want it done or not,i politely(sorta kinda)told him to jam it up his ass an let him know that he has just done continual work of auxilary battery,2" lift kit,new deluxe bullbar with rocksliders etc,roof rack to mention a few things that i plan in the next 3 months he soon changed his attitude and snorkel price but was to late i walked out made a few calls and am now going to get a ironman snorkel fitted $180 cheaper and the shop owner has the same 4wd as mine colour and all plus pretty well everything i want done and more so naturally he will make the money from me,it pays to shop around but some busines people should also do there job properly in the first place so one won one lost

Clunk
2nd June 2012, 10:47 AM
Good on ya for sticking it to him, that'll teach him to be greedy and try it on for a few extra bucks

macca86
2nd June 2012, 12:03 PM
I do not like arb for there very poor customer service the way they treat you and push you into a sale and the poor knowledge the staff have in general oh and way over priced

Rip'n'Shred
3rd June 2012, 08:49 PM
x 2. I avoid them at all costs, don't impress me much.

However, there gear is mostly good quality. I bought a dual battery tray recently and am pleased with it's strength, finish, fit, etc.

By far the cheapest too, surprisingly. Under $120.

I personally like the safari snorkel they sell too.

oncedisturbed
3rd June 2012, 10:34 PM
it would like all things depend on the staff in each store. ARB in Osbourne Park here in Perth are crap but the guys at ARB Welshpool are great, the owner and his staff can't do enough to help out even after sales support is good

growler2058
3rd June 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't go to ARB! Same as others the attitude at two in Adelaide was crap and a mate got a brand new bar with rust not once but twice and they really didn't give a rats arse told him to come back before the warranty runs out.......w@nkers!

Tapp tillya Crap

bordertech
6th June 2012, 09:06 PM
Arb

Hi guys
Am looking at puting a snorkel and auxilary battery kit in my patrol and was wondering if the ARB gear is alright,
The snorkel will be a Safari, the dual battery system will probably be a Redarc (ARB are Redarc distributors now), the only thing ARB will be the battery tray.
All that gear is alright though.

choppie
7th June 2012, 12:03 PM
I agree with the boys, ARB staff's attitude appears to be the same in most places by the sounds, I was looking at driving lights and got the hard sell pitch, went down road to TJM and they couldn't do enough, even gave me a discount, saved over $100 for better lights.

macca
12th June 2012, 11:13 PM
I have been told ARB is pretty hard on their distributers, no excuse for leaning on a customer or bad service.
Surely that is not in the corporate manual.

oncedisturbed
12th June 2012, 11:23 PM
for anyone in WA, Coastal 4wd (ARB Welshpool) are great and look after there customers, can not fault their service or after purchase service

aussiemale
15th June 2012, 07:38 PM
for anyone in WA, Coastal 4wd (ARB Welshpool) are great and look after there customers, can not fault their service or after purchase service

Have to agree with once, that was the 1st exposure I'd had with ARB and thought that ARB customer service was the norm, unfortunately I'd been spoilt by Coastal. ARB in general seem to rely on their kit rather than customer service skills something that their head shed should take into account!

MEGOMONSTER
15th June 2012, 10:42 PM
I just keep busting their balls on the price on anything I buy or get quoted, I just say I'm not paying that and I get a better price, then I say that's still too much and get a better price again.
Any way that's what I've been doing.
On all (in commas) "ARB" parts they can discount really well.
Your the customer spending money, if they want the money then they have to come to the party.
My chip and exhaust they discounted slightly but still didn't like it, so I walked away and went elsewhere told them the price and they said that's a good price but they beat the price anyway and got the job but I had to drive an extra 25km.

bazzad
15th June 2012, 10:52 PM
Yes, sadly it seems like we are paying for all of flash trucks that ARB keep producing for the glossy magazines. Seems like the customer service is way down from where it was not so long ago. I still think if not sure about a product get an ARB as it generally is well made and does the job it is made for.

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:01 PM
Don't you wish someone from ARB head office was here to hear what customers [EX] are saying, surely there would be a staff meeting and re training, personally I've found ARB staff to be up themselves that far is ridiculu.s. how dare you come into their shop and ask questions IMO only .

Helped two mates kit out their trucks for Cape York a GU ute and povery pack 100s. Both trucks needed everyhing bars ,batteries,winches, UHF, the price saving was $4500 per truck from ARB and a competitor, thats a lot of fuel or cold ones

growler2058
30th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Agree 100% threedogs I will never buy from them again!! Even at shows it seems like they're hating trying to be helpful. Like they're too good. Well mofo's guess what ya doors would be permanently shut if you pi55 all ya clients off

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4t1dai
Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap, what's that freakin noise?!

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Where's their passion for all things off road, I'd kill to work in a 4x4 shop and share my knowkledge and LISTEN too want customers want. Give them what they want at a fair price, you keep him and all his mates for customers plus all the goodwill via word of mouth, this point seems to be lost with ARB

macca
30th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Aw heck you guys are cruel.
How is the bloke at the top going to make his 7 figure salary if you wont let the shops rip you off?

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah I'd like a brand new truck fully loaded every year just for being a &ick %head salesman, where do I sign

macca
30th June 2012, 08:19 PM
Get in line buddy :devilred:

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:24 PM
In their defence they do have a proven product, there's no dobting that. their market is the bloke who just retired with half a mill, wants his brand new truck tricked out to travel this great land of ours, they don't give a shit about the bloke who only wants to spend $1500

robbo0001
30th June 2012, 08:29 PM
$1500? Screw that I want to spend 300.....haha.
30 years away from retirement here......need all the cash I can get, without the attitude at the point of sale. They are their own worst enemies, sometimes.
But people still obviously buy their gear, otherwise they would fold.
Thank god for the Internet, thats all I can say.

threedogs
30th June 2012, 08:32 PM
x2 the internet is awesome, snorkels $150 with template, but the ARB blokes do look sharp in their uniforms

megatexture
1st July 2012, 02:57 AM
"shame about the faces" my wife says looking over my sholder at what im reading ....

hekarewe
1st July 2012, 05:18 AM
Hi all
i went into the local ARB shop when i got home from work the other day to pay for my snorkel and the bloke tried to charge me another $60 i asked him what the extra money was for and he reckons i told him it was a 4.2 ltr i kindly let him know that i gave him the part number from the website,round 1 won, then he said that i told him it was earlier than 2004 model,how i would tell him that is beyond me seeing as i had only just brought it i think iknow what i brought,in the end he said that is the price so do you want it done or not,i politely(sorta kinda)told him to jam it up his ass an let him know that he has just done continual work of auxilary battery,2" lift kit,new deluxe bullbar with rocksliders etc,roof rack to mention a few things that i plan in the next 3 months he soon changed his attitude and snorkel price but was to late i walked out made a few calls and am now going to get a ironman snorkel fitted $180 cheaper and the shop owner has the same 4wd as mine colour and all plus pretty well everything i want done and more so naturally he will make the money from me,it pays to shop around but some busines people should also do there job properly in the first place so one won one lost

thats very disapointing for you but good on you for shopping else where. i am a big fan of the ARB product and have alot of it on my truck they have (the stores i deal with) always be suportive of their product and warrenties and never given me grief if i were you i would be shooting an email of to the Arb head office wheather or not he is a franchisie or ARB store they would be very interested to know what he has cost them in sales and why never know they may even offer some sort of companssion to you big ass discounts maybe. if nothing else he will have his ass chew out good n proper.

threedogs
1st July 2012, 08:04 AM
Good to see you're happy with your local shop, not all terrorists are bad eh

ARB 4x4 Accessories
2nd July 2012, 09:56 AM
Don't you wish someone from ARB head office was here to hear what customers [EX] are saying, surely there would be a staff meeting and re training.

Hi guys, Sam here from ARB Marketing at Head Office. Part of my role is to get involved in a range of 4x4 related forums to assist members with ARB product/service related queries and concerns as well as gathering feedback on our products and services.

Customer service is something we're currently focussing heavily on and we're are definitely taking note of all ARB related feedback (both positive and negative).

I have been in contact with Birdy via PM regarding his experience and will pass his feedback onto the Sales Managers for followup.

If you think there's a thread on the forum that I could offer some insight into, or you have a specific product query, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Kind regards, Sam.

threedogs
2nd July 2012, 10:06 AM
Hi, seems ARB need to lift their game through out most stores, eh, I wouldn't like this feedback from a global company, Andy wouldn't like it either

macca
2nd July 2012, 12:47 PM
G'day Sam.
You found us here having a discussion about your representatives, great to see you did and let us know you were here.
As in all things in life there are supporters and non-supporters and this thread reflects exactly that.
I have had some bad experiences with one of your branded products, so I'm not one of your loyal customers.
The local ARB store where I live is run well from my point of view.
They let you know if a product is not up to scratch. Can not remember if an ARB product is on that list, might just be they are good products LOL.
Certainly the sales people give good advice without being over the top.
That can not be said of the store Birdy is talking about, I for one will not go in that store to be accosted by my new BFF, fair go I want to have a look around and get some solid advise not the pressure selling that I feel I am subjected to.
(I did get a job done there, never again. The workmanship was so bad. I redid it myself when I got home.)
That is probably not your Marketing Philosophy more personality, wonder if you sent a "secret shopper" into those stores what their report card would say.
Mate I honestly wish you good luck in improving your customer image with those who are not happy.
Cheers Macca

threedogs
2nd July 2012, 01:43 PM
x2 on the secret shopper, seems to be isolated incidents not all

Malgreen
2nd July 2012, 01:45 PM
hi guys,,( and Sam ) the ARB store here in cairns isnt to bad,, at least they great you when you walk in through the door but i did feel as i was been judged ( ie , big money spender on not ) i have worked in retail sales myself and there are many good courses that one can take to improve customer service and satisfaction, i have done a few of these myself and my sales went through the roof and i had customers following me to different shops i worked at, ( this was in home improvements and decorating.. ) give great service and people dont mind the "little "over cost... the good thing about ARB is there range and qualitty of product, the service is letting you down,,
Oh and the new store in Cairns..... WOW, its great. makes me feel like spending lots of money there but i cant now as i have moved to perth so i will visit costal 4X4.. ( see what word of mouth can do?? )
Cheers
Mal

threedogs
2nd July 2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds like good advice, I'm sure Sam will be taking this on board, lots of positives about Coastal

ARB 4x4 Accessories
2nd July 2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. Much appreciated (and taken on board).

Cheers, Sam.

threedogs
2nd July 2012, 02:10 PM
See Sam, not so bad after all, but needs addressing thats for sure