PDA

View Full Version : Things to do with your android smart phone /tablet and Apple equivalent

Clunk
27th May 2012, 02:49 PM
Seeing as a lot of us here are now using smart phones and Tablets more and more, I thought id start this thread, so if anyone knows of some useful app or have come across great little things you can use your smart phone etc for.

So I came across this great looking rc quad bladed chopper, all details can be found here http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en

taslucas
27th May 2012, 03:00 PM
ive just got a new app that i DONT RECOMEND......its the ebay app. Now i can waste money any time of the day of night!!!

megatexture
27th May 2012, 03:05 PM
my tracks for android is great!
it can record your trip and can send it to Google so you can send ppl the link and show where you went. If you have phone coverage it can show you satellite image of your location makes it handy to discover new tracks

Records info like:
-total distance
Total time
moving time
Max speed
Average speed
Average moving speed
Elevation gain
Max/min elevation
Max gradient
Shows lat/ longitude

Clunk
27th May 2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah I got one of those and also the Gumtree app......... another reason for the missus to have a go about always being on the phone lol

megatexture
27th May 2012, 03:10 PM
"fuel calculator" on android
just type in you odometer reading and every time you fill up put in the reading price you payed for fuel and how many ltrs and it works it all out for you and saves it, you can use it with multiple cars and it tells you ltrs/100 and also $per 100km on average and also per time you filled up you can also put in notes in case you were towing on a certain tank or camping touring whatever

2TROLLFAM
27th May 2012, 03:14 PM
ive just got a new app that i DONT RECOMEND......its the ebay app. Now i can waste money any time of the day of night!!!

It's the BESTEST app ever!!

2TROLLFAM
27th May 2012, 03:17 PM
The GPS app I bought for $15 is really good too - road maps etc and you can track where you are/been via co-ordinates (when u push the right buttons )16492 just called "Australia" and is an iPhone app

2TROLLFAM
27th May 2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah I got one of those and also the Gumtree app......... another reason for the missus to have a go about always being on the phone lol

Gumtree have an app? I'm going to get it now LOL

taslucas
27th May 2012, 03:21 PM
An awesome one is Google Sky Map. Hold the phone up and it shows you all the stars and planets with names and constellations. You can even move it down to aim at your feet and it shows all the stars on the other side of the world. Sounds simple but its really cool and great to have if your out camping. Its free too!

Clunk
27th May 2012, 03:30 PM
Oh what have I started???????????? I'm gonna be on a huge download best now lol

wildgu6
27th May 2012, 04:16 PM
One I just love to use is, Wait for it

Tapatalk hahahaha, bet none of you have heard of that one, it helps you dribble all day long

Yappa Tappa Doo

taslucas
27th May 2012, 04:36 PM
lol believe it or not, i didnt even think of that one!! on the lappy atm

Woof
27th May 2012, 09:23 PM
I just want an App that shows me how to use the stupid bloody thing.... this newfangled tech stuff gives me the @$#%

Clunk
27th May 2012, 09:33 PM
I just want an App that shows me how to use the stupid bloody thing.... this newfangled tech stuff gives me the @$#%

Real men don't need instructions mate!!!!!!! Lol

wildgu6
27th May 2012, 09:56 PM

But there is one Wayno its called tips and tricks - iphone, have a free version or full version for 99c....

another good one is Cheap parking, shows you the cheapest or closest carparking to your location.
Sportsbet a good one for the tipsters
plane finder is a good one for the terrorists lol, it tracks flights all over the world, names the make of plane, flight #, height, speed, departure point, destination, frequency, # of engines, Route.
You can actually watch the plane moving. On a busy day over europe it is absoulute Kaos
But the best one is boozle, locates the cheapest booze in your area

Woof
27th May 2012, 10:06 PM
Hey Pete, I got one of those SungSam Galaxy 2 thingys mate, youngest son got one so I thought I would as well, if he can drive it so could I............oh I was so wrong...LOL

oncedisturbed
27th May 2012, 10:20 PM
Hey Pete, I got one of those SungSam Galaxy 2 thingys mate, youngest son got one so I thought I would as well, if he can drive it so could I............oh I was so wrong...LOL

I bought 1 for wifey and she loves it just gotta learn to use it is all which takes time. i am on the ipad / iphone all the time which gets up wifey's skirt at times and my excuse is "keeping up to date dear and finding bargains for you" - usually means stuff for the troll or camping lolol

Got heaps of apps for the ipad, ipod, iphone - vms, mudmap, google earth, compass, gps lat / long app, movie apps, music downloaders, igo8 primo, numerous games, spirit level, ebay, stalkbook, gumtree, forum apps

wildgu6
27th May 2012, 11:34 PM

The missy got one of them thingys mate, when the iphone hits the wall mate LOL, i'll be gettin one of them there Sungsung thingys. I reckon their a great unit mate.
Aaahhhh truth in the matter, Ya just cant teach old dogs new tricks hahahahahahah hang in there mate, youll learn to love it

Woof
27th May 2012, 11:49 PM
The missy got one of them thingys mate, when the iphone hits the wall mate LOL, i'll be gettin one of them there Sungsung thingys. I reckon their a great unit mate.
Aaahhhh truth in the matter, Ya just cant teach old dogs new tricks hahahahahahah hang in there mate, youll learn to love it

Oh thanks heaps for that Pete, I have had it for about 2 months and still don't know how to drive it...maybe you are right about this old dog mate..lol

Woof
27th May 2012, 11:54 PM
I just realised that I have hijacked Clunky's thread, I suppose I should apologise..................... but I am NOT, I HAVE THE POWER TO USE FOR GOOD OR EVIL..........this time it is for EVIL, cop that Clunky...LOLOLOLOLOL

nissannewby
28th May 2012, 03:16 AM
I have shazam on my its quite good i reckon it listens to the song you are listening too (and like but dont know who sings) it searches the net and tells you all you need to know about the song :)

Winnie
28th May 2012, 08:31 AM
Spotify is good, music streaming

Tappa tappa

megatexture
30th May 2012, 12:41 PM
another mapping/inclinometer worth looking at is 3d compass

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.aCompassPlus

White Elephant
30th May 2012, 03:50 PM
For the boys on night shift...Check out iBEER from the google play store...lol! Stoopid app, but fun for a little while. When I dowloaded it a voice from yonder said...."You're an idiot!" Hence I don't tell the mrs when I'm downloading apps anymore! hahaha!

fragment
31st May 2012, 01:15 PM
An awesome one is Google Sky Map. Hold the phone up and it shows you all the stars and planets with names and constellations. You can even move it down to aim at your feet and it shows all the stars on the other side of the world. Sounds simple but its really cool and great to have if your out camping. Its free too!

There is also Satellite AR that does this with Satelites.

taslucas
4th June 2012, 09:53 PM
another mapping/inclinometer worth looking at is 3d compass

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.aCompassPlus

just downloaded this one. Sounds good, ill give it a go tomorrow

Cheers mega:)

Woof
4th June 2012, 10:03 PM
OK. all these thingys sound great but how the hell do you download them.............................stupid new phones..lol

megatexture
4th June 2012, 10:05 PM
get you kids to do it for you haha. its hard to say in a message as there are so many phones out there and all are diffrent.

lufkin
4th June 2012, 10:10 PM
Best app I got for when I'm out finding tracks is motion-x gps very powerful tool when set up

taslucas
4th June 2012, 10:13 PM
OK. all these thingys sound great but how the hell do you download them.............................stupid new phones..lol

What sort of phone you got doggy?

growler2058
4th June 2012, 10:14 PM
Rain radar and weather zone

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:15 PM

Doggy doggy doggy .......... make sure your phone screen is on... on the home page (first page) there should be a little icon called "Play Store) looks like a white man bag and we all know you know what a man bag looks like!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha
Sorry I digressnow just tap the little man bag, then at the top it should read "google play" on one side and a magnifying glass on the other..... tap on the magnifying glass...... you can now type the name of the app you are looking for, now you can down load the app.

Job done

Woof
4th June 2012, 10:17 PM
What sort of phone you got doggy?

Got a sammysung gs11 thingy Lucas, maybe I will have to get one of my sons to do it for me but I Have My Pride...they will just say that I am old and should get a easier one...LOL

Woof
4th June 2012, 10:21 PM
Doggy doggy doggy .......... make sure your phone screen is on... on the home page (first page) there should be a little icon called "Play Store) looks like a white man bag and we all know you know what a man bag looks like!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha
Sorry I digressnow just tap the little man bag, then at the top it should read "google play" on one side and a magnifying glass on the other..... tap on the magnifying glass...... you can now type the name of the app you are looking for, now you can down load the app.

Job done

Hey Clunky, how do you turn it on mate....LOL
Hey it works mate, I knew you had to be useful for something.......ROFLMAO..............Thanks mate

taslucas
4th June 2012, 10:23 PM
Got a sammysung gs11 thingy Lucas, maybe I will have to get one of my sons to do it for me but I Have My Pride...they will just say that I am old and should get a easier one...LOL

Clunks directions are good. Do you have a Gmail account? If so, then you can search and download apps while on your computer, then send them to your phone. Its easier to look at that stuff on a big screen instead of squinting into a phone screen! hahaha

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Clunky, how do you turn it on mate....LOL
Hey it works mate, I knew you had to be useful for something.......ROFLMAO..............Thanks mate

Oh it happens once in a while mate but I don't like to make a habit of it, people will start to think I actually know something!!!!!!!!

And alsowhat Lucas said.... if you find tht easier to search for stuff

megatexture
5th June 2012, 12:35 AM
Rain radar and weather zone

weather australia is another good one being a renderer im always checking the weather and incomeing rain on the radar and this one helps alot.

Woof
9th June 2012, 05:42 PM
Clunks directions are good. Do you have a Gmail account? If so, then you can search and download apps while on your computer, then send them to your phone. Its easier to look at that stuff on a big screen instead of squinting into a phone screen! hahaha

Thanks heaps for that tip Lucas and a BIG thanks to everyone else......was using the computer to add some apps to my sammysong and youngest son did not know you could do that............NOW I AM A LEGEND....LOL

Maxhead
9th June 2012, 06:01 PM
I love WikiCamps Australia and a million others as well...LOLOL

oncedisturbed
9th June 2012, 07:07 PM
Apps2SD is a good one for android users, it calculates who much storage can be transferred from phone to sd card, select what you ned and then transfer over. good for freeing up memory on the phone so it doesn't clog up with crap